Turbos form.....compared to others

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Killer03

Bencher
Back in the days of Joey....Newcastle couldn't win without Joey. But turbos impact to me is greater. This current form is something I can only vaguely compare to Haynes leading into the 09 gf......but again Turbos form is (to me) well above that.

Has any player hit this kind of form?

I'm not looking for a character assessment of him compared to Joey or Hayne....we know Tom is not only a footballing God but a top bloke also,

He truly is changing the game. Before fullbacks were support players who were quick and the good ones like snake could pass. But turbo also plays like a prop at times???

His level of involvement is off the charts. He's doing hit ups, getting into dummy half, playing wide, playing tight back through middle - everything. He just wants the ball in his hands, and when he gets it, most times something happens. He's flicked some switch in his head this season where he thinks he can dominate any team anytime... and he is right. He can't sit still and watch a game unfold, he just has to get involved.

Hayne's run in 2009 is often touted as the best ever, Tom has eclipsed that and over a longer time. He is the best player in the competition.

Comparing Tom to Hayne or Johns is difficult as this is a very different era of footy we are in.

What I will say is that in my time of 45 years or so being a fan, I have not seen any individual impose himself on games as Tom does right now!

Comparing Tom to Hayne or Johns is difficult as this is a very different era of footy we are in.

What I will say is that in my time of 45 years or so being a fan, I have not seen any individual impose himself on games as Tom does right now!
Fully agree, Teddy is a similar player for the rorters, without him on Friday they lose

Fullback regular season win ratio / games
Tom 50.93% 108
Stewart 62.66% 233
Slater 70.22% 319
Hayne 43.46% 214
Barba 56.55% 168
Inglis 65.79% 266
Tedesco 50% 176
Minichello 56.95% 302

For mine Stewart is the best fullback because he was consistently great in a team that wasn't always top 4 like storm. However turbo has lifted Manly from bottom 8 to top 8 this year and 2019.

Last edited:
And it seems the incident pre season where he did his hammie really flicked that switch where he went from 'Yeh I think I'm a pretty good player' to 'I'm wasting my talent if I don't start being the best player in the comp'.

What others have said is so true. He always makes things happen.

I have family member who are Roosters fans and they have always hated Manly....they now watch Manly and support Tommy...they just love him and cannot get enough of watching him.

It is really no contest. Haynes 09 run was something special. However the form that Turbo is in is out of this world.
I’ve never seen a player be so dominant in a match from the 1st to the 80th minute at any given moment like Turbo is.

He is making good opposing players like like park footy players through his attack, and his defence is just as good. Snake in my opinion has had a large influence on this also.

The remarkable thing about Tom is how simple his game is. There are no weaknesses and he just keeps simple. He obviously reads the game so well and must be so fit because every involvement he makes in a game is done with the same intensity.

He pops up everywhere and all touches are quality but there is nothing low % about any of it. No wonder he is so effective.

Back in the days of Joey....Newcastle couldn't win without Joey. But turbos impact to me is greater. This current form is something I can only vaguely compare to Haynes leading into the 09 gf......but again Turbos form is (to me) well above that.

I'm not looking for a character assessment of him compared to Joey or Hayne....we know Tom is not only a footballing God but a top bloke also,

He truly is changing the game. Before fullbacks were support players who were quick and the good ones like snake could pass. But turbo also plays like a prop at times???
No way am I trying to put him in the same category, but interesting that Burbo alternated between fullback & prop in the juniors... then later at centre & second row I believe

My instant thought when reading this was during commentary last night (I think it was) Joey said the only player he thinks who had such an impact on a game like Turbo was Hayne leading into the 09 GF.

There's no doubt about it, Turbo is a very special player. Have to say observing the way he plays, particularly in recent years, I can often see traits of his game which remind me of Snake. I can't help but think Snake has made a significant contribution to Turbo's development.

Trbojevic injury blow for Manly​

Adam Pengilly

By Adam Pengilly

August 15, 2021 — 11.39am

A plate inserted in his cheekbone from a previous fracture has saved Tom Trbojevic’s season but Eels back-rower Ryan Matterson is almost certain not to play again until the finals for a tackle on Brad Parker which resulted in him being sent off.
Dally M favourite Trbojevic reported swelling and bruising on his face after being given an early shower in Manly’s 56-10 thumping of the struggling Eels at Sunshine Coast Stadium on Saturday night.
“Fortunately, the hit was on a plate that he has from a previous fracture which prevented a serious injury from occurring,” the Sea Eagles said in a statement. “Tom has some swelling and bruising around the site. He will be given every chance to prove his fitness for next Friday night’s match against the Canberra Raiders.”
The 24-year-old scored a try and had four try assists as Manly closed in on the top four and virtually ended Parramatta’s hopes of a double chance in the finals with a sparkling display.

Trbojevic had previously fractured his cheekbone in the final round of Manly’s 2018 season and underwent surgery days later.
He went straight to the sidelines after being hit across the head in a tackle by Maika Sivo, who was fined $1700 for a grade one careless high tackle.

My instant thought when reading this was during commentary last night (I think it was) Joey said the only player he thinks who had such an impact on a game like Turbo was Hayne leading into the 09 GF.

There's no doubt about it, Turbo is a very special player. Have to say observing the way he plays, particularly in recent years, I can often see traits of his game which remind me of Snake. I can't help but think Snake has made a significant contribution to Turbo's development.
To be fair I think Slater had a positive impact on his game as well. When Tommy debuted for Australia in 2017, Slater mentored him on fullback play.

Trbojevic injury blow for Manly​

Adam Pengilly

By Adam Pengilly

August 15, 2021 — 11.39am

A plate inserted in his cheekbone from a previous fracture has saved Tom Trbojevic’s season but Eels back-rower Ryan Matterson is almost certain not to play again until the finals for a tackle on Brad Parker which resulted in him being sent off.
Dally M favourite Trbojevic reported swelling and bruising on his face after being given an early shower in Manly’s 56-10 thumping of the struggling Eels at Sunshine Coast Stadium on Saturday night.
“Fortunately, the hit was on a plate that he has from a previous fracture which prevented a serious injury from occurring,” the Sea Eagles said in a statement. “Tom has some swelling and bruising around the site. He will be given every chance to prove his fitness for next Friday night’s match against the Canberra Raiders.”
The 24-year-old scored a try and had four try assists as Manly closed in on the top four and virtually ended Parramatta’s hopes of a double chance in the finals with a sparkling display.

Trbojevic had previously fractured his cheekbone in the final round of Manly’s 2018 season and underwent surgery days later.
He went straight to the sidelines after being hit across the head in a tackle by Maika Sivo, who was fined $1700 for a grade one careless high tackle.
Grade 1 - unbelievable.

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11