Wakeham charged with drug supply

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Tragic Eagle

Tragic
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Crime is a social issue and culpability lies with the perpetrator not the NRL or the club. To some extent I understand the expectation that a NRL player is expected to be ambassador for the game but how is the NRL or the club responsible for the player's poor social choices in their personal lives. You can educate them all you like but in the end the choices are theirs alone.

However everyone should be law abiding and when that line is crossed particularly in a significant way the perpetrator pays the price which ultimately may include their career or potential career and maybe their liberty. I feel for the victims and families of the victims first and foremost (If there are any victims) and then I feel sorry for the families of the individuals that commit serious crime. I never understand the press. We only read this stuff because the person at the centre of the story is a professional sports person. They don't work in a position of trust or public authority. The argument that it is the general public's right to know all of these stories about peoples' personal lives outside of their profession is nonsense because really it's none of our business.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
At the end of the day We are all sinners
And we should all Repent from our own sinful ways
Human nature spares no one from their flaws
There is a touch of Evil in All of us

Ryan

Journey Man
Manly's recruitment and retention strategies and policies:

1715814302550.jpeg

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
@Ryan
In fairness brooks, brown, talau have been pretty decent purchases. Pound for pound we are getting as much from brooks as DCE but 200k cheaper
waddell solid
lodge to be determined. Pretty tough judging the big man yet. These types on injuries on that type of body and so he needs solid game conditioning first but in the oast he has done a decent job and if he gets back to it, the 500k isnt that rude
Paulo……meh but havnt seen enough , but if ray ray has him covered he might not see much grade yet
James. Hasnt inspired due to a lack of leg speed really

getting rid of schuster, keppie, tippytoes, harper, tualagi, fulton and giving parker a challenge has all been smart decisions . I thought we jumped at shadows a bit with koulas value. He still seems to be potential

not signing lawman and condon and giving them opportunities to move on early seems the right move

Not a fan of the length of okus deal. Schusters deal was a shocker, especially when you consider the foran fallout , but moving on fulton and the tartak influence seems sound

but with contracts, managers etc. the squad looks better than the des years.

Recruiting leaders is costly and i imagine our cap is bent as we only have 27 registered

i think the footy club department is doing ok considering

bottom line with turbo, jake and DCE getting paid overs considering what they provide , we have struggled to be competitive in the market for too long and have had to fill far too many spots with discards and second chancers as opposed to promising youth. All are massive competitors but turbos injuries, dce lack of patience and management and jakey being a tackling machine has meant we have had to pay them and provide adequate cover for them at the same time, not depth

the only way we get back is too see out these contracts and look to spend better in the future.
we really need to get competitive in the 3 rd party deals

lsz

First Grader
Staff member
A question for the more educated on here

We control the top 30 / train and trial or other "manly" juniors but how much say does the club have in Blacktown roster recruitment?

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
A question for the more educated on here

We control the top 30 / train and trial or other "manly" juniors but how much say does the club have in Blacktown roster recruitment?
no education, just guesswork

Good question, we dont own them, presume we have a partner contract but that could end at any time

seems to me they are a private entity but we supply coin and players also by farming out surplus

i reckon we have influence but not control

my guess

lsz

First Grader
Staff member
no education, just guesswork

Good question, we dont own them, presume we have a partner contract but that could end at any time

seems to me they are a private entity but we supply coin and players also by farming out surplus

i reckon we have influence but not control

my guess
That is what I think is interesting. Again at a guess there are a % of players who we choose as our depth (and he may have been one) and the rest we may influence but that is it

NYEagle

Bencher
Yeah I was really disappointed we signed this guy. he looks a troublemaker and has some history with the Fainu brothers at least on the field it seems.

If he is found guilty well it does need saying but tear his contact up!. We don't want this rubbish in god's country.

NYEagle

47MVEagle

Bencher
Am I correct in understanding he is on minimum wage ($130k)?

If so, why would he need to be involved in drug supply on what sounds like a fairly hefty level ("supplying prohibited drugs greater than large commercial quantities") - pure greed?

Rocky

Bencher
Am I correct in understanding he is on minimum wage ($130k)?

If so, why would he need to be involved in drug supply on what sounds like a fairly hefty level ("supplying prohibited drugs greater than large commercial quantities") - pure greed?
You would imagine recreational use turned into "hey what's the harm in selling a few pingers on the side", which then turns into this.

Plenty of gateways at work to get to this point I would have thought.

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Speaking of which, what are you saying here:

“fair bit on inference that he was peddling his wares with club knowledges”

That the MW club knew he was selling drugs?
Yeah i was questioning that in my kinda way too

Some of the earlier posts that implied he was a problem and manly new. I know nothing . Ask my wife

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
For all of the bemoaning of Manly, Wakeham was signed by Blacktown and is a Blacktown player.

Yes he can play for us, yes he was in our matchday squad, yes he trains with us but he was not signed by Manly.

Same situation with Segeyaro.

Or another example is Jake Toby, he signed with the Bears. The Bears act as the Storms feeder team and Toby can play for them but he is not a Storm player.

Heleta, Abbey, Dias etc, all Blacktown players

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Plenty of gateways at work to get to this point I would have thought.
Totally. One of the most common is you've been using drugs yourself, run up a small debt, and agree to distribute a bit to make up the difference and to keep your own needs met. 6 months down the track and the cops have been watching you the whole time, hoping you'll lead them to Mr Big, which of course usually doesn't happen, so eventually they say 'well we'll get this guy anyway, we've got 6 months worth of surveillance and recorded texts & phone calls etc, and look, all those very small supplies suddenly add up to...commercial quantity, Yay you're busted bigtime'

Ryan

Journey Man
@Ryan
In fairness brooks, brown, talau have been pretty decent purchases. Pound for pound we are getting as much from brooks as DCE but 200k cheaper
waddell solid
lodge to be determined. Pretty tough judging the big man yet. These types on injuries on that type of body and so he needs solid game conditioning first but in the oast he has done a decent job and if he gets back to it, the 500k isnt that rude
Paulo……meh but havnt seen enough , but if ray ray has him covered he might not see much grade yet
James. Hasnt inspired due to a lack of leg speed really

getting rid of schuster, keppie, tippytoes, harper, tualagi, fulton and giving parker a challenge has all been smart decisions . I thought we jumped at shadows a bit with koulas value. He still seems to be potential

not signing lawman and condon and giving them opportunities to move on early seems the right move

Not a fan of the length of okus deal. Schusters deal was a shocker, especially when you consider the foran fallout , but moving on fulton and the tartak influence seems sound

but with contracts, managers etc. the squad looks better than the des years.

Recruiting leaders is costly and i imagine our cap is bent as we only have 27 registered

i think the footy club department is doing ok considering

bottom line with turbo, jake and DCE getting paid overs considering what they provide , we have struggled to be competitive in the market for too long and have had to fill far too many spots with discards and second chancers as opposed to promising youth. All are massive competitors but turbos injuries, dce lack of patience and management and jakey being a tackling machine has meant we have had to pay them and provide adequate cover for them at the same time, not depth

the only way we get back is too see out these contracts and look to spend better in the future.
we really need to get competitive in the 3 rd party deals

Define doing okay?

Lodge: 8 games played, 7 games missed, 4 games played poorly (won 57%) - absent 47%
Brooks: 10 games played, 0 games missed, 50/50 quality games, (won 50%) - absent 0%
Brown: 7 games played, 3 games missed, looked decent (won 57%) - absent 30%
Talau: 8 games played, 2 games missed, looked okay (won 50%) - absent 20%
Waddell: 10 games played, 0 games missed, average quality, (won 50%) - absent 0%
James: If he ever plays first grade, we are all doomed.

Also consider we are about to head into a relatively huge losing streak (already losing the last two), so those stats will look substantially worse in a month.

This ISN'T working mate. We HAVE to stop making excuses for mediocrity. The Panthers / Chooks have a hole, they go out and try and acquire David Fifita. The top of the table Sharks have a hole, they go out and acquire Addin Fonua-Blake. Even the lowly Eeels have a hole, they go out and grab young Zac Lomax.

You say losing XYZ players are smart decisions. How so? 50% winning quality atm, and on a downward slide. We look terrible. Soft. Lazy. Fat. You say our roster looks better - why isn't that then showing in the results?

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Define doing okay?

Lodge: 8 games played, 7 games missed, 4 games played poorly (won 57%) - absent 47%
Brooks: 10 games played, 0 games missed, 50/50 quality games, (won 50%) - absent 0%
Brown: 7 games played, 3 games missed, looked decent (won 57%) - absent 30%
Talau: 8 games played, 2 games missed, looked okay (won 50%) - absent 20%
Waddell: 10 games played, 0 games missed, average quality, (won 50%) - absent 0%
James: If he ever plays first grade, we are all doomed.

Also consider we are about to head into a relatively huge losing streak (already losing the last two), so those stats will look substantially worse in a month.

This ISN'T working mate. We HAVE to stop making excuses for mediocrity. The Panthers / Chooks have a hole, they go out and try and acquire David Fifita. The top of the table Sharks have a hole, they go out and acquire Addin Fonua-Blake. Even the lowly Eeels have a hole, they go out and grab young Zac Lomax.

You say losing XYZ players are smart decisions. How so? 50% winning quality atm, and on a downward slide. We look terrible. Soft. Lazy. Fat. You say our roster looks better - why isn't that then showing in the results?
Firstly. Made me smile with your first line. Excellent point.

I must say i respect your opinion but i do believe some of those stats are a little subjective

The panthers and chooks have different advantages over manly in terms of nursery or coin. We are a medium turnover club that is in the market of trying to punch above its weight. We have done in the past initially with spending sprees and with Des the original we did the math backward

So we were broke , had the discard thing going, juniors, roughies then we got saved, a few dollars and we added the missing ingredients in stars , experience with on field leaders

This time we are brimming with stars , that as you have clearly pointed out. Its not working and hasnt been for some time. And we are trying to add cheap leadership, grunt and determination

Much harder job and our recruitment and coaches have never really got close. Despite having some really great combos of chez and fiz, api and manase, afb and marty

So we can keep throwing 20 % of the cap at trying to fix 60% of the problems or we admit however cutsie we can be, our goal is to be play semi finals and add another GF

No matter how many times we have tried we just can not seem to add enough skill and grunt to our big 3 to be anything but entertaining

No one hates Manly anymore . We just dont have enough respect anymore to even be hated.That happened under this group. And thats nothing to do with recent recruitment

bob dylan

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I love seeing drug dealing grubs busted and jailed.

Raptor squad are legends cleaning this garbage from the streets.

Please note my feelings as shared above are in no way a comment on those mentioned in this thread, who are not guilty of any crimes at this point in time.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 9 2 82 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 8 3 75 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 135 14
12 7 5 57 14
11 6 5 -9 14
11 6 5 -38 14
12 6 5 36 13
11 5 6 47 12