Zorba calls out Bunker howler and nit picking ref

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Damien2812

Bencher
Our players need to stay down plain and simple to get to that next level. Also Storm have managed to find a way to slow the play the ball down. If you see our players tackled by 2 to 3 defenders each defender gets up slowly leaving one defender hanging around in the ruck. The game was meant to be faster but by judging how the Storms playing the referee needs to seriously crack down on this bending of the rules but that's what the Storm stands for winning at all cost by bending, cheating and faking injuries.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
I used to think there should be no theatrics, but I now think we are doing ourselves a disservice since everyone else is doing it. Garrick should have gone full soccer and rolled around in agony while clutching his head.

I have to laugh at the Cheese scamming a penalty and not being called out for it. So much was written about Sam Walker not playing 'in the spirit of the game' when he ran the ball back to his own try line to wind down the clock. All the pundits were shaking their heads saying "he needs to learn from this". Tsk tsk Sam, Robbo would not be happy. So what I deduce is that playing unconventionally is against the spirit of the game but scamming / cheating is within the spirit of the game.

The same can be said for Will Chambers. If there is this mythical "spirit of the game", how can his taunting and general grubbery be consistent with it? But no, according to the pundits he just "wears his heart on his sleeve".

So can anyone tell me what this holy "spirit of the game" is when it comes to Rugby League?

It is the modern world old mate ... ever since the inception of those immortal words ... "moving forward" and, "putting it behind me" ... we have a culture of little to no consequences for actions ... "yes I kicked him in the head, but I just want to move forward and put it behind me"

We have seen in cricket, the last bastion of fair play and sportsmanship, the complete abandonment of any sort of principle or character ... when 2 of the most blatant cheats and grubs took sandpaper on to the pitch and got caught .. all the commentators could talk about for a year was how good would it be when they came back and should they be made Captain .. once they had moved forward and put it behind them of course.

Sorry, but I am old school .. I would soon fall out of love with Manly if we engaged the same vile, illegal and grubby tactics as Melb.

Brissie Kid

Bencher
The NRL referees are employed fulltime. They have been in lockdown like the players. Are they reviewing game tapes and seeing where they have been milked and tricked? Are they then more aware at their next game?

More importantly, why aren't the NRL reviewing the match tapes every Monday and issuing warnings and fines to those who obviously milked a call?

if you fake a head injury, are you not bringing the game into disrepute? Aren't you helping mums take their kids to soccer?

Clearly everyone but the fans thinks this sort of gamesmanship (wtf?) is ok.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
The NRL referees are employed fulltime. They have been in lockdown like the players. Are they reviewing game tapes and seeing where they have been milked and tricked? Are they then more aware at their next game?

More importantly, why aren't the NRL reviewing the match tapes every Monday and issuing warnings and fines to those who obviously milked a call?

if you fake a head injury, are you not bringing the game into disrepute? Aren't you helping mums take their kids to soccer?

Clearly everyone but the fans thinks this sort of gamesmanship (wtf?) is ok.

100% ... you would also think that ref's have the wit to be able to think in real time ... you would the 2nd or 3rd time Ado Carr grabed the leg of the tackler trying to get to marker he would be penalised ..

MissKate

Bencher
Premium Member
Our players need to stay down plain and simple to get to that next level. Also Storm have managed to find a way to slow the play the ball down. If you see our players tackled by 2 to 3 defenders each defender gets up slowly leaving one defender hanging around in the ruck. The game was meant to be faster but by judging how the Storms playing the referee needs to seriously crack down on this bending of the rules but that's what the Storm stands for winning at all cost by bending, cheating and faking injuries.
The third player not so much hanging round the ruck, more hanging onto the ball. Every tackle the scum make is 2 tackling the player and one blatantly grappling the ball. Because they never get pinged for it. Refs still seem to be so intimidated by the scum, even without scam smith playing/running the game

NYEagle

Bencher
@Snake I just wanted to say sorry for last night I was just annoyed at us losing and hated the fact we dropped so much ball and made so many errors and didn't mean to take our my anger on you.

I think reflecting on yesterday we are still a year or 2 away from truly competing for the title, just need our younger guys to gain a bit more experience.

If we don't win a title in the next 5 years with this group of players then I think it's an injustice..we have so much talent and so very close to being a serious title threat.
I think we have the talent to win now based on what I saw in attack last night, and the way we handle the Storm attack quite easily.

The problem is the one detailed in this thread. It's the divers and the refs that may bring us undone to add to what happened against Souths two years ago.

NYEagle

Damien2812

Bencher
Well that's when Hasler needs to rip into the ref since the way Storm has always played the game is all about blatantly bending the rules. It's sad that the NRL don't do anything about this but like someone said it's driving plenty of fans away from the game.

Shoe1

Journey Man
How ironic- 2 penalties for crusher tackles and none of them charged. Just shows refs killing the game now.
In both “crushers” the players’ heads were on the other side of the tacklers’ shoulders. They weren’t crushers under the definition.

For the ref to make one mistake can be forgiven, but doing it twice looks suss.

Snake

Snake's Alive!
@Snake I just wanted to say sorry for last night I was just annoyed at us losing and hated the fact we dropped so much ball and made so many errors and didn't mean to take our my anger on you.

I think reflecting on yesterday we are still a year or 2 away from truly competing for the title, just need our younger guys to gain a bit more experience.

If we don't win a title in the next 5 years with this group of players then I think it's an injustice..we have so much talent and so very close to being a serious title threat.
All good mate! I certainly get the frustration with the errors but ironically, I think that's what causes the errors; frustration. Storm just choke you and when you are constantly on the back foot, mistakes happen.

I always felt like we'd lose last night so nothing surprised me. In saying that, I totally agree with you about being a year or two away. I am very confident that we will keep developing because of the incredible talent in our squad. It's not our time yet, but it feels like it's coming!

If someone had asked me after 4-5 rounds if I'd be happy to see us push for top 4 and challenge Melbourne by round 21, I'd have taken it for sure! So gotta be happy with the way the season has turned for us.

Bring on the Eels!

joeboy

Bencher
Our captain dives any chance he gets to get a penalty for his team. It’s part of the game. He’s done it for years.
Cheeses effort no different - he’s just cheekier than DCE who would never admit to milking even though it’s blatantly obvious.

We didn’t get the rub of the green with the refs (compiled by our own mistakes) but almost won the game - can’t wait to play the Storm again.

Was going to pust this exact thing. Kudos

Stuey Davis’s Socks

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Our captain dives any chance he gets to get a penalty for his team. It’s part of the game. He’s done it for years.
Cheeses effort no different - he’s just cheekier than DCE who would never admit to milking even though it’s blatantly obvious.

We didn’t get the rub of the green with the refs (compiled by our own mistakes) but almost won the game - can’t wait to play the Storm again.
And Garrick, like Christian Welch, frequently hits and spins in tackles, ending up backing into defenders. He occasionally gets up holding his neck to win a penalty (imho). We’re no angels on the milking front.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
All good mate! I certainly get the frustration with the errors but ironically, I think that's what causes the errors; frustration. Storm just choke you and when you are constantly on the back foot, mistakes happen.

I always felt like we'd lose last night so nothing surprised me. In saying that, I totally agree with you about being a year or two away. I am very confident that we will keep developing because of the incredible talent in our squad. It's not our time yet, but it feels like it's coming!

If someone had asked me after 4-5 rounds if I'd be happy to see us push for top 4 and challenge Melbourne by round 21, I'd have taken it for sure! So gotta be happy with the way the season has turned for us.

Bring on the Eels!
Over the moon with the improvements made since round 5.

Great experience for players like Schuster , Saab , Harper to be in a big game like that.

Are we ready to challenge yet , no.

Could we be in 2022, maybe.

Could we in 2023 , well by then we’ll need a new 6/7 so that is a question that remains to be answered.

Rafferty

Mug punter
I hope we are having a GOOD look at defending this charge. There was nothing in it.
We should of defended Josh 2 weeks ago, this time I think he will go for the 2 if he fights it, could be wrong but I think it’s safer to take the early plea and accept a week, it looked awkward and again Finucane contributed by backing into the tackle.

pt73

Bencher
In both “crushers” the players’ heads were on the other side of the tacklers’ shoulders. They weren’t crushers under the definition.

For the ref to make one mistake can be forgiven, but doing it twice looks suss.
The bunker should intervene if it’s a wrong call, maybe they were too busy having dinner.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 9 2 82 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 8 3 75 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 135 14
12 7 5 57 14
11 6 5 -9 14
11 6 5 -38 14
12 6 5 36 13