$10,000 fine

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Hadley just reported that Des just said on Fox that he would personally pay for appointments for the toucheis at OPSM

If they fine Des $10k they should also fine both refs and touchies the same amount.  These guys should not be paid for that performance in my opinion.

They may have a future in the NFL where forward passes are allowed.

Good onya Des. Refereeing standards are on a downward spiral. Also why isn't the 3rd referee allowed to make decisions a forward passes. When the video ef was introduced they were allowed to make those decisions but not any more, why? It doesn't take any longer

There is only 1 way forward on the forward pass and its a big step.

1. Passes cannot travel forward at all.
2. video ref can call on it using technology ie can draw a parralell line from one of the ones on the field to see if it travels forward. Any doubt ie ball still touching the line goes to the attackers.

I don't think he could get fined for it as he wasn't critising the referee's. He was implying that there blind........lol

he showed great restraint not to really tear into them.
don't no i could of held back.

absolute joke the referee's today , they r pay more money ,have more time to train, more technology; more of them... how the F@#$ dose that = more mistakes.

where is lulu anyway? has nothing to say on real footie topics

No action against vocal NRL coaches

By David Beniuk AAP Mon, 22 Mar 2010 17:04:54
http://www.nrl.com/news/news/newsart...s/default.aspx

The NRL has warned club coaches about tirades against match officials but will take no action for comments made after the weekend's games.
Manly's Des Hasler, Canterbury's Kevin Moore and South Sydney's John Lang were all critical of referees after their sides' losses during round two.
Hasler was the most vocal, telling reporters he would pay for a touch judge to have his eyes tested after his side's 24-20 loss.
"Rugby league gives coaches far more latitude than most sports to question decisions and we believe that is the right policy," NRL chief operating officer Graham Annesley said in a statement on Monday.
"Referees understand that they are accountable but they should not have to accept accusations of bias, nor should they be subjected to public ridicule or abuse.
"There were a couple of comments this weekend that were at the edge of what we would allow before imposing substantial fines.
"The rules remain clear: if the integrity of the referee is challenged, if demeaning or insulting comments are used then clubs can expect to be fined."
NRL referees boss Robert Finch conceded his officials made two errors costing Manly and Parramatta points in Sunday's match at Parramatta Stadium.
Finch said the referees erred in awarding Manly's first try and an obstruction penalty should have been awarded to the Eels.
He also admitted the final pass for centre Joel Reddy's crucial try for Parramatta was forward.
"I'm pretty disappointed with the team's performance yesterday afternoon," Finch told reporters on Monday.
"There were two incidents in this game which led to points - the first being the first try that Manly scored which was clearly a breach of the key indicators.
"An obstruction should have been awarded against the Manly side and a penalty to the Eels."
"And the (Joel Reddy) try that the Eels scored ... the last part was clearly forward."
Finch said a decision on whether touch judge Gavin Reynolds would be dropped for round three would be made on Tuesday.

I didn't see or hear the first 20 minutes of the game.  Was there an obstruction for our first try?  That's the first that I've heard of it.

No, the decoy runner ran straight through the defensive line, no player was in anyway obstructed.

Surely TV technology can handle this sort of thing.  What about that line in swimming comps that stays with the swimmers.  Forward passes should be looked at in the scoring movement, along with all the other crap that is.  Weird that they're not.

Pepi link said:
No, the decoy runner ran straight through the defensive line, no player was in anyway obstructed.

So in other words, Finch is just trying to justify the advantage that the Eels got with that blatant forward pass for Reddy's try by saying that Manly got an advantage too in the first half.  What a load of crock ! ! !

Yep - he's certainly covering someones butt...
Love how he is still fully behind Hayne and his comment that the officials are just like the players and will get better as the season progresses... ::)

Pepi link said:

The thing though there was one the same in the warriors/sharks game which was pulled up with the decoy runner not impeding any players either. So I guess it's different interpretations by different refs which mean inconsistancy.

A video ref should be able to intervene with obviously forward passes. However just be aware there is a large grey area here as the rule has to do with the way the pass comes from the hands, not whether the ball travels forward. Try it yourself in the park - Run flat out, pass the ball on a flat line and it ends up landing ahead of where it was passed from. it is why someone who passes just at the tackle often looks like they have thrown forward.

The Parra ones were very obvious as they were passed forward from the hands.

The other thing to note is paralax error which often makes TV angles look different than reality, which is the real reason why the video ref cannot make the call. However, commond sense says that anything that can allow the right decision to be made should be utilised.

What about when hayne took out farrar.  he wasn't looking at the ball and made no attempt to go for the ball.  It should have been a penalty to manly.

Most companies would be aghast if a quarter of its customers gave them a thumbs down (the three coached mentioned above plus Anderson agreed with Des).  But our NRL and refereeing clowns just carry blithely on.

u should of heard that moron on talking sport

every excuse in the book for billy boy

then at the end has to the hide to say Jarrad "your on report" Maxwell has had blinders 2 weeks in a row

are billys eyes painted on deadset

Matabele link said:
Harrigan was on talkin sport (aka talking bulldogs with grahme hughes) he has no idea.
He thinks a couple of bad calls in one game has imploded into a fan overration that the standard of refereeing is in crisis when its not in his not so humble opinion

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6