15 Things NRL has to fix

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
16 Get rid of one-sided administrators TG comes to mind Bulldogs - not his go defence works and other clubs OK judged on its merits. But Manly the Manly penalty loading is alive and well. Even the author alluded to it about Mason and Shillington.

Some very good points being made there, and I agree with @Mark from Brisbane in that more than a few points may have been lifted from here: however these same points are being made by league fans all over the place as well..

Also it didn't take me fifteen mins to read, prepping rice for a dish tonight ;)

Yes to be fair Id suggest many fans would be talking about all these issues , I don't post on any other football forums but I imagine most would be the same.

I don't post either but occasionally trawl them for information and you see a LOT of the same things being said, usually with less extravagant use of the English language and a distinct lack of coherence and at times actual words. The point (somehow!) comes across that "we woz robbed cuz" or "this is bull**** bro", and it resonates consistently across the spectrum..

1. Sack Greenturd
2. Sack Greenturd
3. Sack Greenturd
4. Sack Greenturd
5. Sack Greenturd
6. Sack Greenturd
7. Sack Greenturd
8. Sack Greenturd
9. Sack Greenturd
10. Sack Greenturd
11. Sack Greenturd
12. Sack Greenturd
13. Sack Greenturd
14. Sack Smith
15. Sack Grant

Nailed it with "referee both sides". We get screwed this way so often then you get retards on here saying we need to stop giving away stupid penalties.

It does my head in getting penalised for a 4 second subjective holding tackle only to be able to count to 6 more than once in the following set when the opposition are defending. Just play it the same is all we ask.

That will never happen so we need a smaller advantage for biased/subjective calls = the 6 again

16 Get rid of one-sided administrators TG comes to mind Bulldogs - not his go defence works and other clubs OK judged on its merits. But Manly the Manly penalty loading is alive and well. Even the author alluded to it about Mason and Shillington.
Been that way forever I'm afraid, we get pulled up for stuff they leave everyone else alone for, I think it's part of the reason our attack is so potent when we are on song, we have to correct the imbalance caused by overeager match officials doing all they can to assist our opponent.

Two more points for Kent to steal:
1 All those packing into a scrum have to bind securely. No breaking until the ball has exited.
2. Allowing pushing in scrums. This should ensure that forwards actually pack into scrums, not into the backline. If not then you get pushed off the ball.

I don't like the article to be honest.

I don't mind the occasional idea but it's poorly worded/explained, and things like a challenge system (this is not Cricket), and penalise the block runners (on kicks) is stupid. One minute we are complaining about how too many tries are scored from kicks, then we want to penalise one of the ways we can stop so many of these tries happening?! Get the backs out of the scrum? Good luck policing that one too...Jack De Belin played half back on Friday night, Tom Symonds gets shifted into the centres every second week, and when the bench players come on, they can tell the referee anything they want about what position the coach instructed them to play....he has had a half think about all of this stuff.

The NRL went too far years ago, and the way back is not to change things, it's to stop changing things. We've been far too reactive and every year it's a new bloody sport; you can barely keep up with it.

As Tooves said, ask the players. Maybe ask the fans as well,

When highly paid executives come out and say "this is what the fans want"

I am yet to meet one of those fans.

As Tooves said, ask the players. Maybe ask the fans as well,

When highly paid executives come out and say "this is what the fans want"

I am yet to meet one of those fans.

What the fans want, loosely translated means what's best for the television product. Its never been about us fans.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8