1995 - 1997 which one?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
I wouldn't swap it out but think we should have added 95 as we were the stand-up.
97 was ours and belonged to us before the season started, only robbed by drug cheats and and a so called freaking fairy tale script but was half a comp so the 95 would have meant more.

Dam could have had the three peat !

Even though 97 was a split comp (with SL) and probably didn't/doesn't count as much as 95 & 96, losing the way we did in the 97 grand final still hurts today. I also wonder if winning it would have prevented our slide into the Northern Eagles days.
97 for me
Losing the 1997 decider meant that M-W, the best team of the last three seasons, missed out on an automatic 5-year standalone extension to the club’s licence, beyond 1999. An extension that effectively ruled out a JV, although I suppose they could still have done so, if they were feeling charitable towards Norths.

By winning it in the dying stages, the upstart Oldcastle Knoughts were granted the extension instead.

So winning in ‘97 was more important to the club’s future.

Losing the 1997 decider meant that M-W, the best team of the last three seasons, missed out on an automatic 5-year standalone extension to the club’s licence, beyond 1999. An extension that effectively ruled out a JV, although I suppose they could still have done so, if they were feeling charitable towards Norths.

By winning it in the dying stages, the upstart Oldcastle Knoughts were granted the extension instead.

So winning in ‘97 was more important to the club’s future.
This! Agree 100%.

Same happened to Newtown. Jets were winning the 1981 grand final early in the 2nd half. Lost the game and two years later they were out of the comp.

Love this 'The Power Ranger try' from the 1995 semi vs Sharks. Passes from Kosef & Lyons then a steam rolling Haumono (before he went to Super League 1997 and met The Pleasure Machine).

I was there for all three games , can we have them all?

Yep me too. I attended 12 consecutive GFs from 1987.

I will never forget those crying Knights fans - whinged and cried for 75 minutes.

95 loss to Dogs was the day before I few to USA. On the plane were 3 Cronulla Sharks in some Sharks gear, but not normal Sharks attire as I knew, it had a big gold S on it. They had already been given some kit for SuperLeague which didnt shart their own comp until 1997.

Yep me too. I attended 12 consecutive GFs from 1987.

I will never forget those crying Knights fans - whinged and cried for 75 minutes.

95 loss to Dogs was the day before I few to USA. On the plane were 3 Cronulla Sharks in some Sharks gear, but not normal Sharks attire as I knew, it had a big gold S on it. They had already been given some kit for SuperLeague which didnt shart their own comp until 1997.
Jeez that was a dirty game, never forget Tooveys head being used to clean a Knights players footy boots and there wasn’t even a penalty !!

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10