1st Test Against Jarpies

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
pretty even days play.

Looked like the track is a little two paced in areas. katich accidently chipped a few once he was well past his 50.

So far it certainly looks like we will get a result one way or another.

Jaques or hughes in for Haydos at the end of the series.

That last spell of 5/2 off 21 balls was class. He worked the ball perfectly and the saffies had no answer although Duminy looked a bit ripped off.

Aussies take a 94 run lead into the second innings.

Boucher did well keeping the strike and making the most of the last wicket.

Fro link said:
[quote author=SilentBob link=topic=178975.msg204463#msg204463 date=1229585903]
Johnson is chipping in with his usual arsey wickets, a wicket is a wicket I suppose.

You make a lot more sense when you are silent Bob :)
[/quote]

Those first two were pretty arsey, good on him, about time he did something.

Hayden is **** and should reitre immediately, let's see if it works again.

yep, but he could well have been given out an over or so earlier hawkeye had it hitting the stumps just.

have to take the good with the bad

True fluffy but the law in cricket is benefit of the doubt. It always goes to the batsman. Mind you in the next Series in SA there will be right of appeal with each team having a few challenges to umpires decisions.

You lose the benefit of the doubt if you don't offer a shot. He was lucky not to be given LBW, it was worth a big shout.

As far as the C&B goes, that's cricket. When you are out of form things seem to go against you. If he was in form he would have got that out of the middle of the bat, instead of missing it by 3 inches. Maybe the reflexes are just slowing up a little too much for the big man, might be time to move on. We've got a pretty seasoned campaigner in Katich there at the top now, so why not get Jacques back and get him some more test experience before the Ashes.

Thanks for the scoop. Take him to South Africa for the return series is what I meant.

By the way, I reckon De Villiers has got the best hands I've seen since Mark Waugh, the boy can catch.

It's going to be an interesting last day, getting Smith and Amla today were big wickets, but we still aren't home. Still I can't see them chasing 400+, it'll be a mighty effort if they pull it off.

at the end of the day our batsman got out far too many times playing stupid shots, theirs did not.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • Dan
    Kim Jong Dan
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8