2011 Squad

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
i'm worried about snake not been ready for round 1 too. i saw him mid-august and he said his recovery wasn't going as good as the other knee. but i think with the court case not weighing on his mind anymore, he can fully focus on getting his fitness back up.

pre -season training will start in 3 weeks so I guess we will maybe know a bit more then

Post  automatically merged: [time]1287690725[/time]

a bit from sports confidential today

IF you thought all the player movement at the Manly Sea Eagles was a bit of a shake-up on the northern peninsula, stand by for a lot more changes north of the Spit.

NRL regulars Josh Perry, Trent Hodkinson, Ben Farrar and Chris Bailey have all departed the Narrabeen headquarters - and Sport Confidential understands the 2008 premiers are poised to make a raft of other changes.

Coach Des Hasler is renowned as one of the hardest taskmasters in rugby league and the Eagles bowing out in the first week of the finals for the past two years has been simply unacceptable for the one-time champion halfback.

Hasler wants Manly back to the Silvertails days of 2007 and 2008 and there have been some major rumblings behind the scenes about how to try to rejuvenate the club

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
pre -season training will start in 3 weeks so I guess we will maybe know a bit more then

Post  automatically merged: [time]1287690725[/time]

a bit from sports confidential today

IF you thought all the player movement at the Manly Sea Eagles was a bit of a shake-up on the northern peninsula, stand by for a lot more changes north of the Spit.

NRL regulars Josh Perry, Trent Hodkinson, Ben Farrar and Chris Bailey have all departed the Narrabeen headquarters - and Sport Confidential understands the 2008 premiers are poised to make a raft of other changes.

Coach Des Hasler is renowned as one of the hardest taskmasters in rugby league and the Eagles bowing out in the first week of the finals for the past two years has been simply unacceptable for the one-time champion halfback.

Hasler wants Manly back to the Silvertails days of 2007 and 2008 and there have been some major rumblings behind the scenes about how to try to rejuvenate the club

As upposed to every coach at every club doing exactly the same thing.

The only difference is we lack financial backers, and management (whilst probably trying), have been unable to do anything about it. We SO need a Greenberg type at our club. Sorry guys - we do. He could sell Hookers at a Nunnery.

Look at how they went last year, yet can STILL buy Pritchard, Eastwood, Hodkinson & co, and tie up long term middle to large business partners in Jaycar.

The Sea Eagles brand should be an easy sell. It took me all of 48 hours to get Nab to visit Narrabeen Headquarters. We have heaps of synergies that could bode well with aligned business partners. "Silvertails" tag, just one....and remember - perception means a lot in todays world.

Look at what the brand has done to Max Delmege image. His putting his money in, has certainly returned a MASSIVE benefit beyong recognition.

1. Stewart
2. Robertson
3. Lyon
4. Matai
5. D. Williams
6. Foran
7. DCE
8. Kite
9. Ballin
10. King
11. Watmough
12. Rodney
13. G Stewart

14. T Williams
15. Rose
16. Buhrer
17. Cross

Thats the team on paper right now i would start with.

and Stromquist must be a special for origin now, thanks rhino

My Side for 2011.

1. B. Stewart
2. M. robinson ( Oldfield to replace as soon as he has a bad game or injured)
3. Lyon
4. Matai( T Williams while he is on suspension)
5. W. Hopoate
6. Foran
7. DCE
8. King
9 Ballin
10. Kite
11. watmough
12. Rodney
13. G stewart
Reserves
14. Rose
15.Seu Seu
16. Galavao
17. Buher

PLease note that Tony Williams will come in for matai while he in on suspension and mauro to come in for G Stewart while he is on suspension.

David Williams will need to get back into first grade. If we all remember him before he got injured that he kept dropping the ball. Hopoate and Oldfield are out future and we need to use them and start releasing the older players like both williams and robinson. Tony is lazy, david is injury prone and robinson is getting on with age and he served us well but time to start looking at youth.

We are missing a utlity player so i think seu seu could be the best fit for that position.

Serious? T Rex to the bench or gtfo,Gulavao is out injured for a good portion,Whare slots into centres and Wolfman rushed back in for raw pace,he'll be better

Mr Featherly link said:
Hello silvertalis

Here is my 2011 squad:
1. Brent Stewart
2. Michael Robson
3. Steve Matai
4. Jamie Lyons
5. William Hopoate
6. Kieran Foran
7. DCE
8. Jason King
9. Matt Ballin
10. George Rose
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Shane Rodney
13. Glenn Stewart

14. David Williams
15. Tony Williams
16. Brett Kite
17. Joe Gulavou

No more Chris Bailey please

I certainly hope that "Brent Stewart" & "Brett Kite" were typo's!!

Rnd 1 V Melbourne Storm.

How long is Glenn out for ?

1.Brett Stewart
2.Michael Robertson
3.Dean Whare
4.Jamie Lyon
5.David Williams
6.Kieran Foran
7.DCE
8.Jason King
9.Matt Ballin
10.Brent Kite
11.Anthony Watmough
12.Shane Rodney
13.Glenn Stewart

14.Tony Williams
15.George Rose
16.Joe Gulavou
17.Matt Cross

glenn got 4 or 6 weeks? i can't remember.. i think just 4.. he's already served 2 matches.. so hopefully the trials will serve at least another 2.

He got 4 weeks, so he should be available.

Not sure about Joe G though, I thought he suffered a very bad injury?

Also still no news about Whare being taken off on the weekend with 'what looked like a very serious leg injury'. . .

1.Brett Stewart
2.Michael Robertson
3.Tony Williams
4.Jamie Lyon
5.David Williams

Backline with whare and Matai out.

Bench:

14.Jamie Buhrer
15.George Rose
16.Matt Cross
17.James Cunningham

Bench without Gulavou.

All for round 1.

Copa Eagle link said:
1.Brett Stewart
2.Michael Robertson
3.Tony Williams
4.Jamie Lyon
5.David Williams

Backline with whare and Matai out.

Bench:

14.Jamie Buhrer
15.George Rose
16.Matt Cross
17.James Cunningham

Bench without Gulavou.

All for round 1.

TERRIBLE ! I think Whare will be ok. Hopefully, it's more like:-

01. Brett Stewart
02. Michael Robertson
03. Dean Whare
04. Jamie Lyon
05. David Williams
06. Keiran Foran
07. DCE
08. Jason King
09. Matt Ballin
10. Brent Kite
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Shane Rodney
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Tony Williams
15. George Rose
16. James Cunningham
17. Jamie Buhrer

Glenn Stewart is fine for round one.
Buhrer was a highlight to finish our year, and deserves a shot.
Cunningham needs a run in forst grade.
Robinson / Harrison will be pushing for a shot.
Galuvao has a torn peck, and was said to be out for 12 mths - hence I say he may retire.

When Matai is fit, he slots in at centre, IF Whare isn't on fire. If Whare is on fire, Matai plays in the forwards....and de-thrones whoever is sucking.

Rose will be back fit and firing - don't worry about that either.

Donny Singe has copped criticism this year, and he'll flog the boys.

Even Choc is staying off the sherbies...for a change !

people may smite me for this but id like to see Lussick in their over Buhrer, hes an awesome up and coming bloke, hes huge and very mobile, hes got SBW build ! For me Buhrer is good, not great, but Ryan ill be willing to wait, you may have hit the nail on the head with that team !

If Whare is out I think we will see Oldfield play, we have seen time and time again that Des hates to blood new young players, but once he does he has no problem using them.

Copa Eagle link said:
people may smite me for this but id like to see Lussick in their over Buhrer, hes an awesome up and coming bloke, hes huge and very mobile, hes got SBW build ! For me Buhrer is good, not great, but Ryan ill be willing to wait, you may have hit the nail on the head with that team !
No smite from me i thought Lussick was better than JWH in the under 20's. Reminds me a lot of Ben Creagh.

Innes link said:
[quote author=Copa Eagle link=topic=185734.msg304031#msg304031 date=1288068873]
No smite from me i thought Lussick was better than JWH in the under 20's. Reminds me a lot of Ben Creagh.
[/quote]

He really is a good player ! in the QLD All start type game he absolutely killed it and he was filling in playing centre !

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6