2013 NRL Draw

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Berkeley_Eagle said:
487139_380377568716877_2077025613_n.png

Thanks BE. This really shows how crazy the schedule is. Titans get 10 Sunday arvo games! The comp is a joke.

At least Joey is spared a home-town heckling.

Where is the Telecrap's mock outrage about this draw? They mount campaigns to stop cyber bullying, improve Sydney's transport, against electricity prices etc.
But when the issue is so important.... nothing!

ManlyBacker said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:

Thanks BE. This really shows how crazy the schedule is. Titans get 10 Sunday arvo games! The comp is a joke.

They have to keep them afloat financially. For such a crap team, early wooden spoon favourites, they also have a lot of free to air.

If the China games does not eventuate Manly should take

Round 9: Monday, May 13 v Roosters Brookvale Oval (7pm)
to WA

and the

Round 17: Monday, July 8 v Eels Brookvale Oval Fox (7:00pm)

to Suncorp

Having 7 MNF games, with the next team only playing 4 is not a level playing field. The 1 round that is doing my head in as to why we have to play on Monday night is Round 16.
There are 3 other games that weekend which could have had the MNF slot - Knights v Titans, Panthers v Saints and Souths v Raiders. They are all teams that only have 1 or 2 MNF games in the first 20 rounds, and would then give us only 6 - a little better.

What seems to be forgotten is the influence of Foxtel on top of Channel 9. It would not surprise they want Manly in high profile MNF and Sunday twilight games to drive subscriptions. Manly fans being richer than riff raff from west of the M1.

Just with a mate who is a long time member/ Parra season ticket holder....8 home games on a Saturday night....wont be renewing.....

Great job ARLC for your bullsh1t optimistic member numbers

the ARLC don't care at all if people don't renew memberships, the TV deal is worth way more than all the clubs membership totals combined.

The ARLC were spruking that they will have membership to rival the AFL giants like Collingwood.....they may get more than Manly Vale Bowling Club soon....if lucky....

We have been sold out again....just like 1997 Super League bullsh1t.....u watch Ribot pop up soon....

I would have thought 8 home games on a Saturday night would be very attractive for those bogans out there. What's with Thursday night games? Who thought up that idea? Why not Wednesday night?

Mate I live out here.....so you are OK to go every 2nd Saturday night.....I live at Greystanes....work....my kids play sport....its f@rked let me tell u....and membership numbers will be rooted after this....let alone if i want to get to Brookie.

We have been sold out by the Real CEO....David Gyngell and golden pockets "Mr Grant" Sir lunchalot

While the draw isn't great for a lot of clubs.
Fans need to stick a big far que to gyngell and get memberships (clubs may need to start looking at what they offer to members - not sure what but it's in every clubs interest that everyone is fiscally sound in the future)

eagles2win said:
While the draw isn't great for a lot of clubs.
Fans need to stick a big far que to gyngell and get memberships (clubs may need to start looking at what they offer to members - not sure what but it's in every clubs interest that everyone is fiscally sound in the future)

Our think our club is on the right track doing a lot of promotion of memberships around the Northern Beaches. Locals will be in a better position to attend the Monday night, Thursday night & Friday night games. Monday nights games -> under 18s free, bring a mate for free etc promotions.

This draw is great- we don't need to raise heaps of money to up grade Brookie now. Just flatten the grandstands ( we wont need them with reduced crowd sizes) and build a decent toilet block for changerooms and a commentary box on top. A row of benches around the field should cover the crowds that will be able to get to the games.

tugga8 said:
This draw is great- we don't need to raise heaps of money to up grade Brookie now. Just flatten the grandstands ( we wont need them with reduced crowd sizes) and build a decent toilet block for changerooms and a commentary box on top. A row of benches around the field should cover the crowds that will be able to get to the games.

don't forget 1 jumping castle for the 8 or 10 kids that will be able to get to MNF and ThNF

tugga8 said:

Change to an old fashioned ground where you can park cars around the ground

eagles2win said:
There's an article in today's courier mail saying that the Broncos aren't wanting all these Friday games

The Broncos will cry crocodile tears for their fans, but while they can use Friday prime time to boost their corporate value and lockin in regular 7-day cycles, they'll settle for the loss of a few thousand potential members, considering they'll get 20,000+ anyways.

So basically of 20 weeks of football we play 6 games on the weekend.

What's happened to this game?

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8