2013 Rumoured and confirmed signings.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
There is a rumour as well that Aaron Woods wants out of the tigers of they re-sign Benji. He would make a good replacement for King.

the cap increases again in 2014 by 450k. a few of the new boys were only on 1 year deals, hard to say. manly probably has too many backrowers

I suspect this will be Manly's recruitment policy in future. No star signings, just a number of good established fringe players on one year contracts and outstanding juniors that become available to long term contracts. They then let go those one year contract fringe players at the end of the year that dont make it, sign the good ones to extended contracts. They'll keep Horo, Lawrence, Symonds, probably Fa'aioso, let go most of the rest, hold on to the kids such as Gagan, Hiku, Sao, Manson, perhaps Tonga and go for another group for next year thereby adding to the junior strength and back up players over time without breaking the bank.

DSM5 said:
Hopefully that rumor about Weyman is dead. Grant and/ or Wood would be very handy.

Sure, Weyman would be down in that list, but with all our injuries/suspensions , if he was ready to sign up in the last week or two everyone here would have been screaming for him to join.

bones said:
Have we let Kite go for salary cap reasons or because of his age?

I think for cap reasons. I remember they were shopping him around for this year (remember the Tigers rumour). Obviously letting Vic and Liam go released a bit of pressure, although we have signed a couple of others since, so who knows how this mysterious beast called the salary cap works.

Lawrence signed for 3 years & Fa'aoso for 2 or 3 as well. I think Horo & Symonds have done enough to earn extensions.

We have a good crop of youngsters coming through too so our next era also looks promising.

Starling & Grant are still young & would be great additions as well if they come off!

Darren said:
Kite, Joe, Rose, Farrar, Wolfie and Gower should free up dough for Grant. Does Brett have in his contract a minimum amount of games to get full contract?

Not quite that simple Darren. If we use all of those players funds, 6 of them to pay for Grant, we then need to replace another 5 spots in the NRL squad. The minimum wage is now $85k from memory, so there is another $425k in salary costs at a minimum.

In saying all this would love the club to find away to sign Grant.

We love our incumbents, but the future has to be addressed as well.

So Grant/Starling have 10+ years left, whereas our beloved Kitey has 2 :angel:

I also believe, that as with Brett, Kitey wanted a longer term contract than Manly would commit to.
Brett succeeded, but a prop does not have his repertoire of skills :(

Chip and Chase said:
bones said:
Have we let Kite go for salary cap reasons or because of his age?

I think for cap reasons. I remember they were shopping him around for this year (remember the Tigers rumour). Obviously letting Vic and Liam go released a bit of pressure, although we have signed a couple of others since, so who knows how this mysterious beast called the salary cap works.

I suspect the truth lies somewhere between the cap and his age. I hate seeing players let go at this stage of their careers particularly when they have been good servants of the club and are still playing well.

I thought that Kitey and Princess were on large back ended contracts. I think we've squeezed both players lemons. I'll miss Kitey the most and wont like seeing him run around against us. Princess to a legal firm.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Why would Grant want to leave Penrith to join us????
Oh yeah, to win a premiership ;)

And why would he want to play with Foran over Soward? It just doesn't make sense :p

http://www.nrl.com/panther-says-rumours-he-wants-out-false/tabid/10874/newsid/72331/default.aspx

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11