2013 Rumoured and confirmed signings.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Intrigue over Bowen's Cowboy future
By By Jim Morton
AAP
Mon 05th August, 4:17pm

Uncertainty still surrounds the NRL future of North Queensland fullback Matt Bowen
Uncertainty still surrounds the NRL future of North Queensland fullback Matt Bowen
North Queensland star Matt Bowen's uncertain NRL future has become more intriguing after the club elevated rising local fullback Zac Santo on a two-year deal on Monday.

Bowen impressed in Saturday night's 30-12 upset over South Sydney on Saturday night but admits he's unsure whether he wants to play on for a 14th season.

The physical rigours of the competition and the 31-year-old's continued knee problems has put the elusive fullback on the road to retirement.

Contract talks with the club were put on hold last week due to the axing of coach Neil Henry for 2014, but are set to resume this weekend.

While he's also been mentioned as a target for rival clubs, Bowen indicated on Monday that his body would determine his future - a decision that could spark a tussle for his No.1 jumper.

A member of Queensland's Junior Origin squad, Santo was the Cowboys Under-20 player of 2012 and his Holden Cup form has seen him promoted to the senior squad despite an injury-affected season.

The club's games and tries record-holder, Bowen praised the 20-year-old but couldn't confirm he'd assist him in 2014.

"If I'm here next year I'll definitely be doing that," he said.

"Zaccy's been playing good. He deserves his spot in the Cowboys squad next year."

Santo comes in to the senior squad as another veteran fullback, Clint Greenshields, confirmed he'd retire at season's end.

Like Santo, Bowen's 20-year-old cousin, Javid Bowen, has signed to the NRL squad for 2014 while winger Kalifa Faifai Loa would also be a fullback candidate.

North Queensland also extended the contracts seasoned forwards Glenn Hall and Scott Bolton on Monday as well as youngster Ethan Lowe.

But they have been tempered by the loss of impressive teenager Jayden Hodges, a cousin of Broncos and Test centre Justin, to Manly on a three-year deal.

"Hally and Bolts are the type of no-fuss, hard-working forwards that every club needs and will continue to provide great service to the Cowboys," said football manager Peter Parr.

I heard a rumour that I struggle to believe. Sandow and Ben Roberts to Wests Tigers. Though, they did let Heighington and Fifita go to get Blair and Anasta.

eagles2win said:
Thought I'd never see the day a Hodges played for Manly...... won't know what to do boo or cheer

Hopefully he is NOTHING like his brother, apart from some of the football ability of course.

MWSE said:
eagles2win said:
Thought I'd never see the day a Hodges played for Manly...... won't know what to do boo or cheer

Hopefully he is NOTHING like his brother, apart from some of the football ability of course.

Is his brother a good player? his cousin Justin can play a bit

The Who said:
Townsville Eagle said:
Just read in the Townsville Bulletin that Justin Hodges cousin Jayden, has signed with the sea eagles. He got a three year offer to play first grade with the cows but chose the eagles on a lower deal. Anyone know anything about him assuming papers are correct.

Nice to read a post relating to this thread; it was starting to read like a jewellery magazine.

Things certainly weren't crystal clear for awhile.

Lote Tuqiri to make come back in NSW cup this weekend so I suppose he wants to play on next year.

globaleagle said:
The Who said:
Townsville Eagle said:
Just read in the Townsville Bulletin that Justin Hodges cousin Jayden, has signed with the sea eagles. He got a three year offer to play first grade with the cows but chose the eagles on a lower deal. Anyone know anything about him assuming papers are correct.

Nice to read a post relating to this thread; it was starting to read like a jewellery magazine.

Things certainly weren't crystal clear for awhile.

I know that if he chose Manly over the Cows, he's a lot smarter than Justin.

Official word from the club on Horo

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news-display/Justin-Horo-resigns-with-Sea-Eagles/81319

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10