2014 Rumoured and confirmed signings.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Brookie said:
manly linked to ashton sims

The closest Manly should get to either of the Sims is playing the video game of the same name. Ashton's hands are up there with the worst in the NRL (they cost the Broncos their year in 2008) and Tariq has been a shadow of his former self after breaking the same leg twice .

HappilyManly said:
@SMHsport reporting Krisnan Inu is set to join @storm from @NRL_Bulldogs before June 30

He'll certainly fill a hole for the Storm. They've never adequately replaced Dane Nielsen (who has gone backwards at the Warriors). Plus Justin O'Neill and Sisa Waqa are both out for extended periods after the Warriors match.

Red Pill said:
Just read on zero tackle that Hiku has officially signed a 3 year deal to stay.
Exellent news!

Excellent news. Now for Taufua, Gutherson, J and T Trbojevic, Buhrer etc

Taufua signed? Not according to Zero Tackle and they already have Hiku signed with Manly for the next 3 years.

Bearfax said:
Taufua signed? Not according to Zero Tackle and they already have Hiku signed with Manly for the next 3 years.

You would appear to be correct judging by the quote from the "Powerhouse winger Jorge Taufua set to stay a Sea Eagle" article posted on Silvertails last week:

Jon Geddes - Manly Daily said:
"His current contract runs out at the end of the season and negotiations are well underway for at Manly are looking good.

“Things are looking good,” Taufua said yesterday.

“My manager is taking care of that, I am looking to stay here.

“Nothing is official yet but fingers crossed I can stay on the northern beaches.”

Taufua, 22, made his NRL with Manly in 2012, said he was very happy at the club.

“I wouldn’t want to be anywhere else,” he said.

“I love the club here, I love the players, I love the staff and the culture that I have got used to.”

Click here to read the full article.

The Penrith Panthers have announced the signing of Wests Tigers forward Ben Murdoch-Masila for the rest of the 2014 and 2015 seasons, effective immediately

Off contract Eels lock Joseph Paulo is in the sights Manly and the Broncos. The USA Tomahawks captain is in form, but with former Eels recruitment guru Peter Nolan now at Brisbane, a move north is a chance.
"Manly are looking for a replacement for Glenn Stewart and Joseph is a big, ball playing lock," a well- placed source (lol) tells me.

Mole (RLW 1/5/14)

bones said:
Off contract Eels lock Joseph Paulo is in the sights Manly and the Broncos. The USA Tomahawks captain is in form, but with former Eels recruitment guru Peter Nolan now at Brisbane, a move north is a chance.
"Manly are looking for a replacement for Glenn Stewart and Joseph is a big, ball playing lock," a well- placed source (lol) tells me.

Mole (RLW 1/5/14)
How do you rate Joseph Bones ?

BOZO said:
bones said:

Mole (RLW 1/5/14)
I'd rate him ahead of Billy Bones.

Moondog said:
BOZO said:
bones said:

Mole (RLW 1/5/14)
I'd rate him ahead of Billy Bones.
I dont know about that mate , bones has a reputation of being a good ball player :)

BOZO said:
bones said:

Mole (RLW 1/5/14)

I watch him play and see how well he defends and what he can do with the ball and make my decision once I've watched a few games.

:p

So we let Glen go and try and sign this second rate player as a substitute. A joke.

Paulo can't tackle to save his life.

tookey said:
So we let Glen go and try and sign this second rate player as a substitute. A joke.

Paulo can't tackle to save his life.

It about downgrading some of the players on big money to cheaper options so that the young players who now command a pay rise can be re-signed. Last year we did it with our front rowers. We let Rose, Kite and Galuvao go and signed some cheapies in Lui and Starling. If we want to keep DCE, Foran, Hiku and the like long term then this simply has to be the way to do it. I hate the fact Glenn is going, but I don't want to lose any of the young guns.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 4 5 -16 8