2015 Dick Smith NRL Auckland Nines GAME DAY THREAD

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Eden Park, Auckland on Saturday 31 January and Sunday 1 February. The sixteen NRL clubs have been split into four pools of four each, and will all play each other once within their pool over the Saturday and Sunday, with the finals taking place on Sunday afternoon.

We'll do our best to stay across the results on Twitter, and you can also discuss the matches on our Game Day forum.

2015-ninesRANGITOTO.jpg

PAR-LUteams.jpg

Will Hopoate, Semi Radradra, John Folau, Brad Takairangi, Reece Robinson, Corey Norman, Chris Sandow (c), Junior Paulo, Kaysa Pritchard, Peni Terepo, Manu Ma'u, Tepai Moeroa, Joseph Paulo, David Gower, Kenny Edwards, Halauafu Lavaka, Pauli Pauli, Luke Kelly

MAN-LUteams.jpg

Daly Cherry-Evans (c), Manaia Rudolph, Jayden Hodges, Brayden Wiliame, Tony Satini, Kieran Foran,Clinton Gutherson, Tom Trbojevic, Peta Hiku, Tom Symonds, Cheyse Blair, James Hasson, Feleti Mateo, Jesse Sene-Lefao, Josh Starling, Michael Chee Kam, Blake Leary, Dunamis Lui

NEW-LUteams.jpg

Sione Mata'utia, Jake Mamo, Dane Gagai, Chanel Mata'utia, Carlos Tuimavave, Jarrod Mullen (c), Tyrone Roberts, Pat Mata'utia, Adam Clydsdale, Paterika Vaivai, Tyler Randell, Chris Houston, Robbie Rochow, Nathan Ross, Korbin Sims, Joseph Tapine, Jack Stockwell, Danny Levi

SGI-LUteams.jpg

Euan Aitken, Mike Cooper, Shannon Crook, Josh Dugan, Tyson Frizell, Craig Garvey, Nathan Green,Yaw Kiti Glymin, Beau Henry, Dan Hunt, Benji Marshall (c), Peter Mata'utia, Will Matthews, Eto Nabuli, Jason Nightingale, Adam Quinlan, Joel Thompson, Shannon Wakeman

2015-ninesHUNUA.jpg

CAN-LUteams.jpg

Sam Williams, Mitch Cornish, Jarrod Croker (c), Lachlan Croker, Sisa Waqa, Joel Edwards, Josh McCrone, Rhys Kennedy, Glen Buttriss, Brenko Lee, Bill Tupou, Jack Ahearn, Luke Bateman, Haydon Hodge, Mark Nicholls, Kyle O'Donnell, Tevita Pangai Jnr, Ken Nagas

NZW-LUteams.jpg

Shaun Johnson (C), Matthew Allwood, Nathan Friend, Ben Henry, Ryan Hoffman, Sebastine Ikahihifo, Solomone Kata, Ngani Laumape, Sam Lisone, Tuimoala Lolohea, Sione Lousi, Simon Mannering, Suaia Matagi, Ben Matulino, Ken Maumalo, Dominique Peyroux, Nathaniel Roache, Bodene Thompson, Sam Tomkins, Chad Townsend, Manu Vatuvei, Jonathan Wright

GLD-LUteams.jpg

William Zillman, James Roberts, Anthony Don, David Mead, Josh Hoffman, Brad Tighe, Kalifa Faifai Loa, Aidan Sezer, Daniel Mortimer, Christian Hazard, Kierran Moseley, Ryan James, Mark Ioane,Lachlan Burr, Dave Taylor, Matt Robinson, Kane Elgey, Matthew White

WST-LUteams.jpg

Sitaleki Akauola, Nathan Brown, Jack Buchanan, Manaia Cherrington, Josh Drinkwater, Asipeli Fine,Salesi Funaki, Delouise Hoeter, Chris Lawrence, Lamar Liolevave, Kyle Lovett, Joel Luani, Kevin Naiqama, Pat Richards, Brenden Santi, Ava Seumanufagai, Tim Simona, Sauaso Sue

2015-ninesPIHA-1.jpg

BRI-LUteams.jpg

Andrew McCullough (captain), Ajuma Adams, Elijah Alick, Joe Boyce, Greg Eden, James Gavet, Alex Glenn, Todd Lowrie, Lachlan Maranta, Anthony Milford, Francis Molo, Darren Nicholls, Jayden Nikorima, Kodi Nikorima, Joe Ofahengaue, Tom Opacic, Matt Parcell, Aaron Whitchurch

CBY-LUteams.jpg

Tim Browne, Damien Cook, Levi Dodd, Adam Elliott, Herman Ese'ese, Antonio Kaufusi, Shaun Lane, Michael Lichaa, Moses Mbye, Josh Morris, Sam Perrett, Lloyd Perrett, Tyrone Phillips, Frank Pritchard, Curtis Rona, Corey Thompson, Aiden Tolman, Tony Williams

CRO-LUteams.jpg

Luke Lewis (c), Valentine Holmes, Sosaia Feki, Gerard Beale, Ricky Leutele, Jack Bird, Nu Brown, Kyle Stanley, Sam Tagataese, Pat Politoni, Tinirau Arona, Matt Prior, Chris Heighington, Blake Ayshford,Nathan Gardner, Todd Murphy, Sami Sauiluma, Junior Roqica

SYD-LUteams.jpg

Mitchell Aubusson, Brendan Elliot, Kane Evans, Jackson Hastings, Samisoni Langi, Nene Macdonald, James Maloney, Willie Manu, Sam Moa, Taane Milne, Dylan Napa, Mitchell Pearce, Lagi Setu, Nathan Stapleton, Siosiua Taukeiaho, Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, Jared Waerea-Hargreaves, Mitchell Williams

Australia v New Zealand Women's Nines squads:

AUS Jillaroos: Sam Hammond, Karina Brown, Jenni-Sue Hoepper, Annette Brander, Deanna Turner, Ali Brigginshaw, Maddie Studdon, Steph Hancock (c), Brittany Breayley, Heather Ballinger, Kezie Apps, Vanessa Foliaki, Ruan Sims, Julie Young, Kellye Hodges, Nikki Richards. Coach: Steve Folkes

NZ Silver Ferns: Sarina Fiso, Maitua Feterika, Teuila Fotu-Moala, Georgia Hale, Chanel Huddleston, Nora Maaka, Kelly Maipi, Laura Mariu, Krystal Murray, Hilda Peters, Kahurangi Peters, Rona Peters, Krystal Rota, Atawhai Tupaea, Janna Vaughan, Sharnita Woodman

Thanks for posting BE.

We definitely are in the best pool. No surprise we are playing eels, and we are the opening game which is cool.

The Waiheke pool is probably this years pools of death. (although Hunana pool will give them a run)

After a cursory glance at the squads it looks to me like the Worries and Easts will be the most successful.
I thought you had to have a large percentage of first graders in each squad but I'd only heard of about three in the squad from the 'Riff. What is the criteria? I guess it doesn't matter - this is about as relevant a form guide to the NRL premiership as 20:20 is to Test cricket.

we are one of the few team with both top line halves we have to be a decent chance if they play most games.

great post B E
Manly can definitely win this comp but IMO any team can with this in the format of the nines Just no injuries and some promising signs from the young guys and its a win, take home the cheque and the trophy bonus !!

After a cursory glance at the squads it looks to me like the Worries and Easts will be the most successful.
I thought you had to have a large percentage of first graders in each squad but I'd only heard of about three in the squad from the 'Riff. What is the criteria? I guess it doesn't matter - this is about as relevant a form guide to the NRL premiership as 20:20 is to Test cricket.
Agreed, the Riff line up looks like it would struggle to beat my local team the Penno Stags.

NZ the obvious favourites with Sharks/Roosters smokies.
Like the Seaeagles squad in that 2nd tier but being 1 eyed....hard to make a fair call.
Titans if Based on speed but only other dangers are Eels / Sths imo.
Players outside Manly keen to see are big Taumoloulo tearing & smashing, also new Shark Jack Bird - great player who will immediately step up to top grade.

I could re-hash my gag from last year which purported to be a media release from the nrl stipulating that clubs need to nominate at least one of their top 5 players to receive a season ending injury. God how we laughed at that one.

Doesn't look like livestream.com will be broadcasting it, will have to fire up xbmc and see what I can find

I've watched a little of rugby 7s and the winner will be the team who is smarter and better trained for 9s, not necessarily the one with big fast athletes. Whether Manly wants to devote much time and energy to training players in totally different structures - when our real focus is NRL - is highly debatable.
One of the premiership battlers will get a thrill out of winning this thing, such as Warriors, Titans, Eels.

I think the winner is more likely to be the teams that score the most points in each game

THe injury part is always a concern, fact is its a high tempo game & due to the fact its the first real hit out after the off season is the danger.
On the flip side players need trials pre season & there will be just as many injuries from trials in the coming weeks, but being conventional footy it will just be classed as bad luck where if its in 9's , ppl will question the games value......personally I love it & have booked out the house Sat/Sun & have my bar full.
Just another thing feathered friends, beware the time it starts as I got caught out last year & with Manly up first, you dont want to miss game 1.
The NZ time states a 12.30 start but take into account the time difference each state in Aus!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8