2015 Rumoured and confirmed signings.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: 2014 Rumoured and confirmed signings.

rmd said:
Jake T will be fine but they may be worried about his ankle injury and the long term. Providing he takes his time in recovery and doesn't rush it he should be okay.

I don't think we'll end up with anymore forwards on the roster than last year.

We also have 5 props coming up from the 20s

Albert Kelly Maurice Blair off to the epl
http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/sport/nrl/nrl-players-albert-kelly-and-maurice-blair-quit-gold-coast-titans-for-uk-super-league/story-fnj9yd9w-1227094649566
Titans will have some cash free now.

Broncos secure South Logan and basically the entire intrest super cup with new deal.
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/brisbane-broncos-link-with-rugby-league-nursery-souths-logan-magpies/story-fniabm4i-1227093039774?nk=2d666c54e3d72d846a57c635499608e4

What a douche Rickie Stuart must be to hand this to broncos.

Titans rumoured to have made a big offer for Ballin

manlyfan76 said:
Albert Kelly Maurice Blair off to the epl
http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/sport/nrl/nrl-players-albert-kelly-and-maurice-blair-quit-gold-coast-titans-for-uk-super-league/story-fnj9yd9w-1227094649566
Titans will have some cash free now.

That's a shame as I think Albert Kelly still has a lot to offer the NRL. Was looking forward to seeing him develop further, this year was hampered by injury.

tookey said:
Titans rumoured to have made a big offer for Ballin

Ha, could it be that he's going too? Maybe that's why he wasn't in the membership photo!

A mate who has some contacts in the inner sanctum of League said there is a rumour spreading that Jarryd Hayne is actually doing a Jamie Lyon. That is he wants out of his Parramatta contract and is going away for a bit then returning to play for another club. And guess which team is rumoured to be the club he wants to play at. One guess. Its a bird with maroon and white colours.

No way you say. Salary cap issues. A joke right. Probably just another of those jokes doing the circuit, but made me laugh at first and then think a little.

Bearfax said:
A mate who has some contacts in the inner sanctum of League said there is a rumour spreading that Jarryd Hayne is actually doing a Jamie Lyon. That is he wants out of his Parramatta contract and is going away for a bit then returning to play for another club. And guess which team is rumoured to be the club he wants to play at. One guess. Its a bird with maroon and white colours.

No way you say. Salary cap issues. A joke right. Probably just another of those jokes doing the circuit, but made me laugh at first and then think a little.

He signed a letter of intent in that should return to the nrl, it can only be with Parra. That was a condition of his release.

Ryan said:
Bearfax said:

He signed a letter of intent in that should return to the nrl, it can only be with Parra. That was a condition of his release.

As was recently reported in respect of matters like this in general, a letter of intent is not worth the paper its written on.

Ryan said:
Bearfax said:

As was recently reported in respect of matters like this in general, a letter of intent is not worth the paper its written on.

Ryan said:
Bearfax said:

this was in yesterday's smh:

The statement was clear from the club in its media release as part of the Hayne announcement: ‘‘Hayne has signed a ‘lifetime agreement’ with the Eels, so if he chooses to return to the NRL, he will come back to Parramatta without question,’’ it read.
There is no doubt his heart is with the club, but I asked his agent, Wayne Beavis, about the contract, and he was surprised to learn about the deal but offered no comment.
If there is a contract, what are they paying him and is it a salary cap issue? More likely, there is a gentleman’s agreement – but for the Eels to announce a lifetime deal was odd.

lol, sounds like beavis is annoyed he can't do the 'he's going to union' to drive up the contract now!

They will ask Smith to pay him from the NRL outside the cap when he wants to come back to the NRL next year

From the mouth of Steve Noyce - Foran to the sharks in 2016. Apparently he seemed to think it was a done deal...though I really can't see why he would go. Or at least why he'd go to the Sharks.

Frosteagle said:
From the mouth of Steve Noyce - Foran to the sharks in 2016. Apparently he seemed to think it was a done deal...though I really can't see why he would go. Or at least why he'd go to the Sharks.

Lol

Gee Foran is sure signing a lot of contracts elsewhere. Canterbury, Parramatta, Cronulla...no doubt Penrith, New Zealand, North Queensland, St Helens, Salford. I wonder if he knows he's signing with all these clubs. Maybe he can play for each a couple of games per season ..seems only fair.

The Dragons may have to offload eight players to ease salary cap concerns

DEAN RITCHIE
The Courier-Mail
October 21, 2014 12:00AM

ST GEORGE Illawarra are fighting an internal crisis with up to eight players caught up in the club’s salary cap drama.

The Dragons are between $500,000 and $600,000 over their cap for next season with management attempting to offload and restructure the club’s playing roster.

The Daily Telegraph can today reveal the full list of players under the pump at the joint venture club.

Moves to shift players are causing angst in the playing group although club officials have no choice but to be ruthless.

Players are restless but coach Paul McGregor, known to be an uncompromising leader, is determined to implement his own squad.

And McGregor knows the club needs change, having won 43 of 98 games since the 2010 grand final for a modest success rate of just 43.8 per cent.

Recruitment guru Peter Mulholland is currently sifting through the mess.

The Daily Telegraph understands:

• Blues forward Trent Merrin comes off contract after next season and is seeking a better deal. The Sydney Roosters have expressed preliminary interest for 2016.

• Fullback Gerard Beale looks like being off-loaded to Gold Coast Titans.

• Winger Jason Nightingale comes off after next year, his future also uncertain. There has been talk about Super League.

• Centre Dylan Farrell could be moving to Cronulla although he hasn’t found a new club just yet.

• Forward Jack Stockwell looks set to sign with either Manly or Newcastle.

• Star winger Brett Morris is certain to leave and, most probably, sign with Canterbury.

• There is talk prop Dan Hunt has been granted permission to talk with other clubs but he looks set to stay at the club.

• Fullback Adam Quinlan may be looking, with the club’s permission, for another club.

There was talk NSW back Josh Dugan may be asked to take a pay cut through a third party agreement but this has been denied by his management.

Dragons management want to copy Penrith, who cut loose star player Luke Lewis, Lachlan Coote, Michael Jennings and Michael Gordon due to salary cap pressure.

The Panthers have since become competitive again.

One source close to the Dragons said: “’Mary’ (McGregor) wants his own side. He wants to reshape the roster. And he has no choice. The club is way over the salary cap.”

Mulholland did not return calls on Monday.

The issues at Saints arose when forward Joel Thompson backflipped on a deal to return to Canberra. The club used that moneyto sign Benji Marshall midway through last season for about $600,000 a season.

The Dragons will return to training next week.

Anyone seen enough of stockwell to comment? Seems he shows promise but needs a few more kgs on him. Like most of our bench forwards, really...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8