2015 Rumoured and confirmed signings.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh dear god no. No more signings, please. The last fortnight has shown we have the talent here already.

Better to invest in the development of Gutherson , Travers, the 4 Trbojevic brothers, Demetriou, Knight, Pearcell and others.
Ryan, I agree. Keep the 15 that destroyed the leaders last night (forgetting Hasson and Foran). Add the 5 new signings Brown, Myles, Korisou, Parcell and Lussick.
Add Lawrence, Gutherson, Buhrer, Symonds and a few of the U20's mentioned and I am happy with our 2016 squad. Would mean off loading Sao and Lui who are reportedly gone and Hodges, Burgess, Blair, Wolfman, Williami and a couple of other NSW Cup players.

So from what I can tell;

Hasson, Lui, jLJ, wolfy, São def won't be here next year - Hodges, Willie unlikely. Halfway to the 14?

Others still under contract Ballin, etc will oy go if they get better offers.

I think our defensive line speed in the middle has looked a touch better with Leary or Sao playing middle forward in the last few weeks. But Dunamis would be one of those guys you'd rather have in your top 25 than not. Farewell and good luck (but not too much) mate.

So, can anyone actually answer whether MCK is here next year? It has been asked about a dozen times since Saturday night. From what I have heard in dispatches all he needs is an attitude adjustment. If he is going to be a forward he also needs to add about 5-10kg from what I saw on Saturday.

I was at the game Saturday night and worked out that I was sitting behind a prominent player manager.
I had a chat to him during the break and he did say Chee Kam is off to the Tigers next year.
I think he has a lot to offer and could develop into a good first grader.

There you go and it just goes to show how much confidence they have in these players by signing them in a one year deal .
More likely that all Clubs are waiting to know how much the Cap increases in 2017 with the new NRL Licensing Deal.

Tigers have serious Cap problems this and next year too.

There you go and it just goes to show how much confidence they have in these players by signing them in a one year deal .

That and the fact they have really bad salary cap dramas at the club. Even though MCK had a good game on Saturday he was playing in a team with confidence. He has had 3 yrs here, injuries have played a part but even Jake T was out last season due to a broken leg and made a huge impact upon return.

MCK didn't show enough of the promise he had when we signed him up so the jury is still out on him regardless of Saturday. I must admit though i loved his kick chases down the field, always the first player to tackle the kick returner.

The club took a punt on him and gave him a three year deal and he's played two NRL games in 1st Grade in that time, both times when the cupboard was nearly bare so what does that tell us?
There was an article earlier in the year that he knew it was make it or break and was told as much.
The fact that he couldn't make 1st grade this year until now when we've had the year from hell is telling - is it attitude, commitment, just not up to it or maybe no-one showed him how to take goat photo's.

He's gone to the Tigers on a one year deal and he may turn out to be one that got away but chances are he won't be.

More likely that all Clubs are waiting to know how much the Cap increases in 2017 with the new NRL Licensing Deal.

Tigers have serious Cap problems this and next year too.
The Tigers have re-signed Quality players Heleta, Naiquama and Simona for 2 more years until 2017 unlike JLJ MCK and an unknown Sevens Rugby player ??? who signed until the end of 2016 for obvious reasons

The club took a punt on him and gave him a three year deal and he's played two NRL games in 1st Grade in that time, both times when the cupboard was nearly bare so what does that tell us?
There was an article earlier in the year that he knew it was make it or break and was told as much.
The fact that he couldn't make 1st grade this year until now when we've had the year from hell is telling - is it attitude, commitment, just not up to it or maybe no-one showed him how to take goat photo's.

He's gone to the Tigers on a one year deal and he may turn out to be one that got away but chances are he won't be.

Apparently trained the house down over the summer break, dont think it was his commitment. Was just never given a chance . From what i saw, could tackle, had pace, was enthusiastic - but Toovey went with Hasson during the year, not MCK. Dont understand why. He is finally over his injuries, the guy has some talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8