2016 are you excited, nervous or other?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Still dirty about Tooves. Not sold on Barrett. Excited by a couple of our signings.

There are dark clouds blinding me from the obstacles in our way. Bad feelings are still present, but, is that a rainbow in sight?

Confused, best sums up my feelings at the moment.
Why are we so keen on Walker, and willing to sacrifice several good long-standing Manly players?
Because he is the closest thing we are going to get to a number 6 for next year, something none of those "long standing" Manly players could offer. Granted he isn't a lay down misere to be a superstar 5/8, but worth a go in the face of virtually zero other options. Hopefully he works out, that is the real unknown about next year.....could be good or could be not so good....worth a risk in my opinion, we aren't going to win a premiership with Isaac John or Api K at 5/8.

The only long serving player that has been shown the door is Matty B, which is a bit of a shame. However I'm excited about what we might be able to offer from dummy half with his replacements next year.

I am still very, very dirty........! My passion for the Mighty Eagles runs deep and so I am not over Tooves and Ballin, not sure if I ever will be. But business is business, so they say and things have changed, but it does not mean I like it....!

I will always support the Mighty Sea Eagles but I am actually not sold on our new recruits or our new coach or our new admin or our new training staff etc etc.

I just hope that we smash the squeels and 'forme' big time and become the 2016 premiers then maybe after that you could ask me how I feel about things. :cool:

P.S. Thanks for the thread @Mark from Brisbane and congrats on your 1200th post. :clap:

I am excited because I support a great club that has always typified the characteristics of the Sea Eagle which symbolizes courage, strength and immortality, and is also considered king of the skies and the football fields .
Go the mighty Manly Warringah Sea eagles 2016 and beyond !!!
11223554_10208983637928375_3798900747092883172_n.jpg

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
Because he is the closest thing we are going to get to a number 6 for next year, something none of those "long standing" Manly players could offer. Granted he isn't a lay down misere to be a superstar 5/8, but worth a go in the face of virtually zero other options. Hopefully he works out, that is the real unknown about next year.....could be good or could be not so good....worth a risk in my opinion, we aren't going to win a premiership with Isaac John or Api K at 5/8.

The only long serving player that has been shown the door is Matty B, which is a bit of a shame. However I'm excited about what we might be able to offer from dummy half with his replacements next year.
It's putting a lot of faith in a bloke who is not a known 5/th when we could have tried Gutherson, Tom Turbo, Lyon, Parcell, Api, Brown....
There were options without having to get rid of Gutherson (local), Buhrer (long standing) and Lawrence if reports are correct.

Curious about the new Team, but not excited as it feels like a transit lounge and not my District Club anymore.:(

Reminds me of the year after the NE died.
Hopefully a new team culture is formed and some stay around for 3 or more years so that we know who they are :clap:

Gave up my seating and after 4 decades of attending most H/A games, I will yell at the TV instead. Should be more comfy, but less enjoyable @:cool:

Looking forward to Chez running the show, free from Sooky Pants Foran and the Bully Boyz faction :rock:

Parcell is the only newbie I'm excited about, as I saw him in the finals and the GF. Seems very skilled and should shine with our creative backs :clap:

Won't be cheering any of the convicted personnel, even if they do star - not Manly Culture IMO :shake:

Membership packages dispatched this week, so my 3 game card/hat will be under the tree as usual :)

Last edited:

As I mentioned in another post - why didn't we continue our pursuit of Jack Bird, instead of Walker? There was mention he'd be here for '17, or he was going to the drags. Why couldn't we snag him for '16?

I am excited because I support a great club that has always typified the characteristics of the Sea Eagle which symbolizes courage, strength and immortality, and is also considered king of the skies and the football fields .
View attachment 2698
Thanks Zorb

Gee whizz, you betcha I am excited. I like the look of the team and it's nice we have a couple of gun new recruits for the first time in a few seasons. The past is the past and like others I am still not happy with the **** that went down this year or with the ****s that did it but nothing I can do about about it. I'll be there round one chanting loudly. GO MANLY.

On another topic, is there anyone with any inside knowledge on how the team is gelling under Trent? Compared to past few seasons where there has been all sorts of internal **** in the team how is it now?

I'm feeling more hopeful than nervous. As we get closer to the start of the season I'll start to feel more excited. Five-eighth worries me but other than that we're looking pretty strong.

Struggling to be enthusiastic with league in general, felt the same this time last year but worse this year.

I guess the late 30's are starting to take hold along with the losses of Foran and Ballin don't help.

Still admire watching Matai and Lyon that offer the right mix of toughness, leadership and class, both don't come across as too into themselves and seem to be down to earth.

Kinda horny.....might throw a leg over...honey I'm home!

View attachment 2698
Loved the picture so much BOZO that I pinched it

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4