2016 forward pack

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think we have got 3 certain starters in the pack for next year - fitness assumed. Turbo (10), Myles (8 ??) and Ferris (13). We then have hooker, backrow and bench spots to fill.

Given that Ballin has had the tap on the shoulder you would expect that he will be on the outer especially coming off a serious knee injury. So I expect Koroisau will probably get the nod as you would expect Barrett will be familiar with him from the Panthers association.

I would opt for Mateo as one starting backrower purely for his ball playing ability on the LHS in the absence of Foran (unless we sign some gun 5/8 in the meantime). I think the other backrow spot needs to go to a middle forward who can do some of the grunt work (the Choc role from years past, or more recently Nami/Horo). We could use Myles in this role and start another prop (Starlo, Burgess or BJ) or we could use someone like BJ or even Lussick in this backrow spot. I think Brown is a little light on in size for this role, but not sure if he is wasted on bench. As is Leary probably, but he does have a go and has a very quick play the ball as he rarely gets turtled, defence is solid too. A backrow of Mateo, Symonds and Buhrer has too much "edge forward" feel to it and not enough down and dirty feel. I think the backrow is where we are overpopulated and someone has to miss out when you also think we have Jesse.

Losing Sao and to a lesser extent Mason has hurt our prop depth a little. I guess a lot depends on how the game evolves with the reduction in interchanges, do 80 minute backrowers become more important ?? do you carry that attacking option on the bench to make the most of tiring defences - i.e Parcell

Anyway I think

Starling
Koroisau
Turbo
Myles
Mateo
Buhrer

BJ
Burgess / Lussick - one of
Brown / JSL / Leary - one of
Symonds/Parcell - utility/impact spot

Anyway I think a lot of the forward pack dynamic will follow on from the decision on who plays 5/8.

I guess we will know in say 1-2 months but the lack of an announcement to date suggests Lyon will wear number 6 and Hiku will take his spot in the centres.

At least to start the year.

It's way too soon for Wright ( plus he's injured), Parcell is an option but from NSW Cup to NRL is a big jump so I doubt he'd be our 5/8 for game 1.....after he gets bedded down maybe.

Api will play 9, Ballin ( sad for him) NSW Cup, and as a reserve for injuries, plus also he will be recovering from an ACL so wouldn't expect him to play for the first 5-6 weeks anyway.

Myles will be solid at best, maybe a few more off loads than stars or bj or mase.
I really think we will see a lot of attacking flair and not much of the hard stuff next year. We need an enforcer in the pack.
I would have preferred we kept Sao over acquiring Myles. Ligi started to hit his straps as the season progressed and I expect he will be one of the Warriors best forwards in the future.

I think we have got 3 certain starters in the pack for next year - fitness assumed. Turbo (10), Myles (8 ??) and Ferris (13). We then have hooker, backrow and bench spots to fill.

Given that Ballin has had the tap on the shoulder you would expect that he will be on the outer especially coming off a serious knee injury. So I expect Koroisau will probably get the nod as you would expect Barrett will be familiar with him from the Panthers association.

I would opt for Mateo as one starting backrower purely for his ball playing ability on the LHS in the absence of Foran (unless we sign some gun 5/8 in the meantime). I think the other backrow spot needs to go to a middle forward who can do some of the grunt work (the Choc role from years past, or more recently Nami/Horo). We could use Myles in this role and start another prop (Starlo, Burgess or BJ) or we could use someone like BJ or even Lussick in this backrow spot. I think Brown is a little light on in size for this role, but not sure if he is wasted on bench. As is Leary probably, but he does have a go and has a very quick play the ball as he rarely gets turtled, defence is solid too. A backrow of Mateo, Symonds and Buhrer has too much "edge forward" feel to it and not enough down and dirty feel. I think the backrow is where we are overpopulated and someone has to miss out when you also think we have Jesse.

Losing Sao and to a lesser extent Mason has hurt our prop depth a little. I guess a lot depends on how the game evolves with the reduction in interchanges, do 80 minute backrowers become more important ?? do you carry that attacking option on the bench to make the most of tiring defences - i.e Parcell

Anyway I think

Starling
Koroisau
Turbo
Myles
Mateo
Buhrer

BJ
Burgess / Lussick - one of
Brown / JSL / Leary - one of
Symonds/Parcell - utility/impact spot

Anyway I think a lot of the forward pack dynamic will follow on from the decision on who plays 5/8.
I thought/hoped that Burgess had been released. I'll also be very surprised if Lawrence plays for Manly again, his injury is career threatening and he may not have the same aggression for fear of injury. I like your pack but the bench will of necessity be Lussick, JSL, Leary & Brown. Once again we have wafer thin depth in the forwards so if we get hit with injuries again (Likely) we may have another season at the fringe of the top 8.

I thought/hoped that Burgess had been released. I'll also be very surprised if Lawrence plays for Manly again, his injury is career threatening and he may not have the same aggression for fear of injury. I like your pack but the bench will of necessity be Lussick, JSL, Leary & Brown. Once again we have wafer thin depth in the forwards so if we get hit with injuries again (Likely) we may have another season at the fringe of the top 8.
geez I hope BJ plays again, otherwise we will be light on next year.

and I would have also liked to have kept Sao, he was a good contributor this year and will only improve with more game time. Warriors have got a good buy there I feel.

Last edited:
I thought Ligi was going really well toward the back end of the year and would have been handy to keep...he plays the lock role really well; mobile with an offload, but is prepared to take the tough runs when needed.

My pack for next year

Starling
Api
Turbo
Buhrer - right edge
Mateo - left edge
Myles - middle

Lussick - on for Starling
JSL - on for Turbo
Symonds - On for Myles with Buhrer moving to the middle when the game opens up
Brown - On for Mateo

Its hard to find a prop on the market who fits the bill. Bennett picked up both Gavet and Blair very late on think pre season had already started.
We have spoken to both Moa and Matagi. Sounds like we couldn't afford either. Shame both have that hard running and solid physique needed in our pack. Might be a real opportunity for someone like knight or green in the backrow as we are light on there ATM too.

Last edited:
Apparently Taupau wants out of the Tigers, Souths and Titans leading the race for him in the rumour going around

He would be the dream addition to our forward pack !! Been saying that for about 4 years now though lol

Now that's exactly what our back row needs. Find some brown paper bags Bozo. If Penn really wants a world class signing that would shut every manly fan up.

Apparently Taupau wants out of the Tigers, Souths and Titans leading the race for him in the rumour going around

He would be the dream addition to our forward pack !! Been saying that for about 4 years now though lol

A big yes on taupau.

8. Myles
9. Ballin
10. Trebojevic
11. Mateo
12. Brown
13. Buhrer

14. Korisau
15. Starling
16. Lawrence
17. Symonds

18. Sene-Lefao
19. Lussick
20. Leary
21. Parcell

Barring injury of course and unlessKorisau plays at 6

8. Myles
9. Ballin
10. Trebojevic
11. Mateo
12. Brown
13. Buhrer

14. Korisau
15. Starling
16. Lawrence
17. Symonds

18. Sene-Lefao
19. Lussick
20. Leary
21. Parcell

Barring injury of course and unlessKorisau plays at 6

Ballin won't play it will be stupid if he does. Koroisau starting and Parcell 5/8.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4