2017...No Lyon..Matai?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I don't see the logic in moving the NRLs best young player and fullback to another position! It's so stupid it's funny, why move Tom? Just because he performs well there? You could play him at prop and he would play well still but he is a natural fullback, he never drops a bomb, natural try scorer. He would be wasted at centre he will be getting the ball only when the ball goes that way, he is an attacking danger why have him waiting for the ball. Have him at fullback calling for the ball, following the ball plus everyone forgets his excellent ball playing ability, he is our leading player for try assist and he is on the wing! This kid is a fullback and that's where he should stay full stop!

Didn't you bag Lyon wrongly for not playing where the team needed him?

I don't see the logic in moving the NRLs best young player and fullback to another position! It's so stupid it's funny, why move Tom? Just because he performs well there? You could play him at prop and he would play well still but he is a natural fullback, he never drops a bomb, natural try scorer. He would be wasted at centre he will be getting the ball only when the ball goes that way, he is an attacking danger why have him waiting for the ball. Have him at fullback calling for the ball, following the ball plus everyone forgets his excellent ball playing ability, he is our leading player for try assist and he is on the wing! This kid is a fullback and that's where he should stay full stop!

One thing you're going to learn about life kid is that its going to throw you for a loop at times and things you don't want to do have to be done out of necessity.

If only we could just press reset like on the PlayStation......

I'd like the club do throw more interest in our under 20s backs. Brad Parker sounds and looks a great centre partner for walker. He is tall and lanky he is just a perfect centre partner for walker plus he is a local junior and he is very very quick. As for a winger in the backline Tafua has to stay, you will see on Sunday how big his carries are for us. Sure he has high ball and defence problems but his attack is massive for us. Tafuas partner on the wing IMO should be a solid winger not to flashy. Smith from the dogs looks good as does Rona dogs can't keep both. Or Ramien haven't seen much of him but sounds like a good solid player.

Didn't you bag Lyon wrongly for not playing where the team needed him?
Team needs him at fullback not centre may as well just give him to roosters if he is going to be playing centres his whole career. Who's your option for fullback cause currently we don't have one accept snake who is going to be gone soon. Tom to fullback is where he will be needed.

The real problem is the poor management that allowed this scenario to become reality in the first place.

It looks like we are going to lose Killer (already announced), Snake (likely to be gone) and possibly Skivy (forced injury retirement?) all at the same time.

Then to add insult to injury we actually had 2 ready made replacements and some braniac made the decision that Kiwi international Peta Hiku and local junior Clint Gutherson were surplus that wasn't needed.

And for the record I have no problems with Walker in the centres. His one and a half games there were the best he's played this year.

Snake is going nowhere. He is contracted for 600k plus and no club anywhere in the world would pay him more than 200k next year given his form and hammies. We will have the 650k on the books next year. Why would he leave? We just have to work around it.

Snake is going nowhere. He is contracted for 600k plus and no club anywhere in the world would pay him more than 200k next year given his form and hammies. We will have the 650k on the books next year. Why would he leave? We just have to work around it.
No if he really loves manly he will leave cause he is no longer a better option than Tom. Any England club would take him for 600k easy they pay big money.

Team needs him at fullback not centre may as well just give him to roosters if he is going to be playing centres his whole career. Who's your option for fullback cause currently we don't have one accept snake who is going to be gone soon. Tom to fullback is where he will be needed.

Where he is best wasn't the point. Where you feel he is best wasn't the point.

• There seems too be a shortage of good centres around the nrl. We need find a young guy with potential either within or from other clubs.

@susan I agree that no NRL club is going to want Snake next year if he is no longer at Manly. Injury prone and questions over attitude, plus one or two other things hanging over his head have probably made that boat sail before its time.

One or two ESL clubs might take a punt though. Catalan's where his brother currently is seems to be an NRL retirement home these days.

For his family?

No if he really loves manly he will leave cause he is no longer a better option than Tom. Any England club would take him for 600k easy they pay big money.

Give me a break! 600k (and he still does better staying here). Do you think their recruitment guys have their eyes painted on? His hammy goes every second week,he is under a huge cloud rightly or wrongly in this betting stuff and he has been playing like a powderpuff.

And from Bretts point of view the tax dodge doesn't apply anymore AND the pound is getting hammered every week AND if Brexit occurs in a month there will not be enough planes to carry their players over here as the currency devalues AND it rains over there more than it does at Narabeen.

And I hope you were tongue in cheek with the "if he really loves Manly'' stuff.

• There seems too be a shortage of good centres around the nrl. We need find a young guy with potential either within or from other clubs.

Cliffy, forget potential, we are not ever going to replace Matai and Lyon with kids with potential.

I believe Bozo and the club want immediate success and will be replacing top draw with top draw.

May be we can replace them with Gutherson and Hiku, oops thery're not here anymore@:(

The real problem is the poor management that allowed this scenario to become reality in the first place.

It looks like we are going to lose Killer (already announced), Snake (likely to be gone) and possibly Skivy (forced injury retirement?) all at the same time.

Then to add insult to injury we actually had 2 ready made replacements and some braniac made the decision that Kiwi international Peta Hiku and local junior Clint Gutherson were surplus that wasn't needed.

And for the record I have no problems with Walker in the centres. His one and a half games there were the best he's played this year.

RE: Walker I didn't see much in the Canberra game. I might have to roll the tape and see what I missed. Maybe I'm not watching games properly.
I only recall him running backwards in "D" for the first Canberra try. Manly weren't exactly lighting up the board in the first half either.

Oh look tell ya what I'll go back and take a look and see if little rabbit Walker did something and I'll let you know.

NYEagle

May be we can replace them with Gutherson and Hiku, oops thery're not here anymore@:(
Gutherson may be an option if parra have to keep offloading players plus they view him as a long term winger, Jennings and taka are the centres and French will be fullback.

So does Watmough's payout come from an insurance company ?
Or has the NRL sanctioned parra to pay him out and not have it included in their cap ?

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6