2018 Rnd 2 - Manly v Parra [Pre-Game Day Discussion]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
That's a team that can win against Parramatta. I like Hastings on the bench and Parker at centre is a significant improvement on Matt Wright, though I'd like to see Tom Wright get a go. But that looks a good solid team. Baz must be looking at the Silvertails forum.

How do you drop 2 guys who didn't even play last week. :confused:

Different opposition .. different forward pack ... different tactics by baz is my guess. Wants a bigger more experienced front rower against Parra.

Also Hastings had a real dig in reggies from reports ... and Baz may think specific cover for Croker may make Hastings a better option than Brown at this time.

I think it’s a more balanced side this week
Perrett will offer more from the bench than Winterstein & Hastings can cover the backline better than Brown

I’d agree, I think Parker offers a lot more opportunity at centre than M Wright who is defensively pretty good and that’s about it, he wasn’t even there for goal kicking.

And very very keen to see Hastings get a run!!

Good work TBaz

Maybe the changes simply mean that Brown and Winterstein will actually play this week, while it's Hasting's and Perrett's turn to sit through a game.

Good point but doubt that will happen, although Jacko might sit on the bench and not be used!

So pleased with these changes, I hope it stays this way:

Sea Eagles:

1 Tom Trbojevic,
2 Jorge Taufua,
3 Brad Parker,
4 Brian Kelly,
5 Akuila Uate,
6 Lachlan Croker,
7 Daly Cherry-Evans (c),
8 Addin Fonua-Blake,
9 Apisai Koroisau,
10 Martin Taupau,
11 Joel Thompson,
12 Curtis Sironen,
13 Jake Trbojevic

Interchange: 14 Jackson Hastings, 15 Shaun Lane, 16 Lloyd Perrett, 17 Kelepi Tanginoa

Reserves: 18 Matthew Wright, 19 Lewis Brown, 20 Jack Gosiewski, 21 Frank Winterstein

Brad Parker replaces Matthew Wright at centre while Jackson Hastings and Lloyd Perrett replaces Lewis Brown and Frank Winterstein on the interchange.

That team brings a tear to the glass eye.

Anyone else think it's a vote of no confidence in Croker?
I think its more to do with giving Api a break. He made something like 65 tackles. His attacking game wasnt there last week.. went through so much work. Hastings will give us a spark and when hes on can kick goals too. DCE is a 59% goal kicker. We cant rely on that.

Parker over Wright.. well done. I am happy it didnt take him 6 weeks to figure it out.

Team looks good. Also Perrett back on the bench giving us more size and options in rotation.

Congratulations Baz. Great looking side. I thought Perrett and Hastings were absolute standouts in the Roosters trial and also last week. Parker I have always been impressed with in the centres and just gets better every time I see him play. I think this side will beat Parra big time on Sunday!!!

I wonder if Hastings can play hooker? I know he covers Fullback, 5/8, halfback, I guess centres and wing at a pinch?

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8