2018 YART time

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Id pick players on past performances and proper nrl preformances, not trial matches that are only meant for gaining match fitness. If any coach picks mainly on a couple of trial preformances against reserve grade line ups and players who are only playing for a hit out they are a bad coach.
If they were just for match fitness why has he got half of the "core" players rested? They are called TRIALS for a reason. It's a good opportunity for the fringe players to showcase their skills in a real game environment. If there was no benefit other than match fitness then why bother . Also if you are going to pick the team based on past performances, then you will never blood or give an opportunity to any one new.

Tbh mate - the Eels were marking both Fainu and Wright with triple coverage, including THAT last pass when the 2nd defender turned in allowing Fainu to throw the match winning pass at the death....how sweet that was....and he usually dominated far more in most other games in 2017.
I feel if given the opportunity, he will cause headaches regardless of those calling him "too young", the kid is the goods and if he does well in the trials, I won't be surprised to see his name throughout the season.
Fainu is the real deal. Expect to see plenty of him on the bench. Tom Wright is more the new Phil Blake, but is there room for that in an NRL squad now?

If they were just for match fitness why has he got half of the "core" players rested? They are called TRIALS for a reason. It's a good opportunity for the fringe players to showcase their skills in a real game environment. If there was no benefit other than match fitness then why bother . Also if you are going to pick the team based on past performances, then you will never blood or give an opportunity to any one new.
The core players have been rested because they will play the second trial match. Past performance is how all coaches pick teams, coaches dont go into trials with a blank team sheet.

The core players have been rested because they will play the second trial match. Past performance is how all coaches pick teams, coaches dont go into trials with a blank team sheet.
Your argument is flawed and oversimplified brother. Trials are more than providing match fitness, otherwise the core players would be playing in everyone of them. . Sharks game is to determine how well the fringe players fair (where there is competition for positions) . No one is going to take over DCE Turbo Jurbo Tapau etc..not based on a trial in any event. But as we know there's some positions in the centres + forwards +interchange which haven't been set in stone. This will give Baz something to think about.

Last pre-season we had a centre vacancy with Matthew Wright injured. Kelly and Jono Wright were the contenders and Kelly did enough in the trials to get a chance.
This year it sounds as though the top 17 for round 1 is already settled.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10