2019 Rumoured and confirmed signings (NON-DISCUSSION THREAD).

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Newcastle young gun Kalyn Ponga’s management team have approached the Knights about an upgraded and extended contract valued at $6 million over the next four seasons.
In a deal which would make Ponga one of the highest paid players in the history of rugby league, Fox Sports has learned the figure was floated during the Knights recent loss to Wests Tigers at McDonald Jones Stadium.

Regarded as one of the best talents to emerge in the last decade, Ponga is currently signed with the Knights until the end of 2021 with an option for 2022 in the Newcastle fullback’s favour.

But under the terms of this upgraded contract, Ponga would remain at the Knights until the end of 2023 on a deal worth $6 million over the next four years.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/a9c32938c509c472743b6b026cc950ea

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...r/news-story/b7f08a38e20469aa75733dafe39394d5

Three months ago Dylan Walker’s entire career hung by a thread.

Now the Manly five-eighth is on the verge of a contract extension that can propel him towards becoming a 10-year NRL player.
The Sunday Telegraph has learned Walker is close to signing off on a new multi-year deal with the Sea Eagles, possibly as early this week.
The mere closeness of a deal being struck is a remarkable story for the 23-year-old, who only this year was beset by turmoil.
Walker was acquitted of assaulting his partner in May, lifting a playing suspension that saw him miss the first 10 rounds of this season.

Few would’ve predicted he would’ve been able to respond on the football field like he has.
His combination with Sea Eagles captain Daly Cherry-Evans has developed into one of the most balanced in the competition.
Having joined the Sea Eagles from South Sydney four years ago, Walker’s contract at Manly was due to expire in October.

Along with club management, Sea Eagles coach Des Hasler has purposely taken his time to assess Walker’s value while also accounting for his efforts to alter his life off the field.
By all accounts, Walker has impressed the club’s hierarchy with his willingness to repay the faith they have shown.

Walker has made no secret of his desire to remain at Manly — and it’s believed he’s close to achieving that goal.
“I’d love to stay here. Manly’s been good to me and I love the boys here,” Walker said recently.
“I spoke to Des at the start of the pre-season (about his future at the club) and bits here and there but it hasn’t been playing on my mind too much.
“For me it’s about going out there and playing good footy for my teammates.
“To be honest, I haven’t thought about it (the future) too much.

“I will leave that to my manager but I’m pretty optimistic.”
Walker was on $600,000 a year but can expect to take a financial pay-cut on his next deal.
“I’m still young and have a lot more football to go around,’’ Walker said.
“I want to stay. I love this club and the boys around it.
“I work hard at my craft. I’m 100 per cent dedicated.”

Walker will be a key figure when Manly travel to Canberra for a huge top-four clash with Canberra at GIO Stadium next Sunday.

@Ben
@nightster

Warriors and ex-Sea Eagles prop Ligi Sao to Hull FC.Warriors shedding some forwards,look to be clearing some space for some signings,supposedly chasing David Fifita with a massive offer.....
It's quoted in todays Courier Mail by Peter Badel that we are in the bidding for Kotoni Staggs. These journalists will write almost anything but has anyone hard any whispers?

Cronulla Sharks have emerged as the frontrunners to land Ramien’s signature on a four-year deal worth close to $2 million.

It's quoted in todays Courier Mail by Peter Badel that we are in the bidding for Kotoni Staggs. These journalists will write almost anything but has anyone hard any whispers?

I know when we weren’t sure about Walker coming back we were definitely keen on stagg. Can’t see the broncs letting him go though.

According to Booze Rothf*ck on controversy corner
Mary McGregor's melon is on the chopping block.
Stay tuned.
Not to me
I'm out...

Experienced Eels centre Michael Jennings said he had attracted some late interest from Canterbury but was happy to thrash out a new two-year deal with Parramatta he will sign off on later this week.

"Reagan Campbell-Gillard has moved another step closer to joining the Eels next year. NRL.com understands his manager Mark Stewart met Panthers officials on Thursday to discuss his future. The Eels are still keen to lure the out-of-favour Panthers prop to the club next year despite the former Blues forward still having another five years to run on his deal. Parramatta are willing to pay just shy of $600,000 a year for his services, however the Panthers need to determine if they want to cover close to $300,000 in the difference of his current deal"
It's unbelievable to think the 'Riff were paying RCG $900,000 each season for five years. Surely these figures are magnified.

Wayde Egan rumored to also being shopped around by the Panthers with the papers reporting him on 500K

Panthers are off their rocker

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10