2020 hooker (and Fainu disc.)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Cust or Croker for hooker 2020 if Nas is out

• Cust

Votes: 47 32.4%
  • Crocker

Votes: 16 11.0%
  • Zach Dockar-Clay

• Fainu

• Levi

Votes: 50 34.5%

• Total voters
Hi fellow Sea eagle tragics i just heard a rumour being told in Central Queensland circles Jake Granville being shopped around, if so i say go for it BIG TIME. Will suit our style perfectly for 2 yrs or so plus teach Fainu a few old tricks.I think a great option for us GET IT DONE
Western suburbs named players don’t go so well.

The witnesses will all point to Manase. If he goes down on this he will never play NRL again

I highly doubt any witnesses that the defence needs to call upon, should the matter proceed to trial, that they will point to Manase. More importantly, if alcohol was a key factor as you say that may be very problematic for all witnesses.

There seems to be a misconception that the more witnesses you have the better it is for an individuals case, this is not necessarily true. In cross-examination the more witnesses you call upon, there is a risk that slightly different stories get told by witnesses, facts which each individual witnessed maybe different, contradictions between witnesses of what transpired. This will contribute to the element of doubt.

And if you have Chris Murphy QC as your counsel this may very well be over at the committal stage.

I highly doubt any witnesses that the defence needs to call upon, should the matter proceed to trial, that they will point to Manase. More importantly, if alcohol was a key factor as you say that may be very problematic for all witnesses.

There seems to be a misconception that the more witnesses you have the better it is for an individuals case, this is not necessarily true. In cross-examination the more witnesses you call upon, there is a risk that slightly different stories get told by witnesses, facts which each individual witnessed maybe different, contradictions between witnesses of what transpired. This will contribute to the element of doubt.
All that sounds about right. But also it’ll take 18 months to resolve. So he is no good to manly now

All that sounds about right. But also it’ll take 18 months to resolve. So he is no good to manly now
If only it were that simple, then we could sign someone for 12 months and be done with it. But there is the Supreme Court challenge and the committal hearing in mid December before we really know what our options are.

And if you have Chris Murphy QC as your counsel this may very well be over at the committal stage.
Pretty sure the defence won't call the witnesses that were sober. That will be who the prosecution uses

Looks like he might have been playing a real life version of Big Buck Hunter

Pretty sure the defence won't call the witnesses that were sober. That will be who the prosecution uses

Not sure MightyEagles because we don't have Manase as a client and we don't work for the prosecution, unless of course you do engage with either party, then you can share some light on which witnesses will be called by their respective counsel.

Not sure MightyEagles because we don't have Manase as a client and we don't work for the prosecution, unless of course you do engage with either party, then you can share some light on which witnesses will be called by their respective counsel.
I'll keep you posted

Yes Shoe1 that is correct, but the prosecution have to get over the committal stage first.
Committal hearings were all but abolished when the new indictable procedure commenced in April last year. Nothing will happen until the DPP come into the matter and that is supposed to be after 8 weeks but will depend how long the police take to produce the brief, not infrequently it takes longer. As to whether or not the DPP certify any charges for District Court, that will depend entirely on what's in the brief, namely witness statements, any CCTV or videos they can find, medical and forensic evidence. If the injury turns out to be less than really serious, or if extreme intoxication makes proving a specific intention difficult, then Local Court (and a speedier resolution) becomes more likely, but not automatic. If they think there is some gang context they might elect to take it to the higher court anyway, even on an affray. Also its quite dangerous to blow your shot at Supreme Court bail when the brief isn't even served yet.
Anyway we're all thirsty for bits of info about this case but we won't get much for quite some time. Patience, folks :)

Seriously, Manly fans. What have we learned from the Brett Stewart saga?

For those that can remember, we stood solid on the virtue that all are innocent until proven guilty. For those of you passing judgment as fact, do us all a favour and report your eyewitness account to the police. Otherwise, button your lip. Of course the majority of Manly fans would disown him if proven guilty, but procedural fairness has not run its course ... yet!

i can live with the stand down NRL rule in today’s world. It does not discriminate with treating all those convicted the same. Not saying the NRL can’t improve the way it treats the salary cap in these situations but the stand down rule, if charged, is consistent.

If he is innocent, we could hope that the true assailant falls on his sword, excuse the pun and takes the wrap, allowing him to play in 2020. May not happen for whatever code of silence for mates code ... but not saying that’s the situation because that would be ... speculation.

If there are legitimate eyewitness accounts and it’s proven he is guilty then we move on and I’d feel sorry for his wasted talent and I’d tell my sons to write him off as any favourite of ours. No role model status. No longer a hero.

My point is .... don’t speculate, don’t judge ....unless you know it as fact. If it’s fact, report it. If it’s not ...please take care with what you say on this site.

Thank you.

Committal hearings were all but abolished when the new indictable procedure commenced in April last year. Nothing will happen until the DPP come into the matter and that is supposed to be after 8 weeks but will depend how long the police take to produce the brief, not infrequently it takes longer. As to whether or not the DPP certify any charges for District Court, that will depend entirely on what's in the brief, namely witness statements, any CCTV or videos they can find, medical and forensic evidence. If the injury turns out to be less than really serious, or if extreme intoxication makes proving a specific intention difficult, then Local Court (and a speedier resolution) becomes more likely, but not automatic. If they think there is some gang context they might elect to take it to the higher court anyway, even on an affray. Also its quite dangerous to blow your shot at Supreme Court bail when the brief isn't even served yet.
Anyway we're all thirsty for bits of info about this case but we won't get much for quite some time. Patience, folks :)
I like how you explain the legal terminology. You’re obviously versed in legal matters as is @urulion . As the case advances I look forward to you both (and other qualified legal eagles on here) helping the rest of us navigate the legal minefield that it seems to be.
There was a Silvertails member (whos name I forget), that went to many if not all of Brett Stewarts court appearances, and then kept us all in the loop, and out of the media spin.
Patience and facts from here on in.

My apologies SeaEagleRock8, you are correct it seems the reform took place on 30 April 2018. It seems to be substituted with charge certification and case conferencing. Thanks for bringing that to light because I would have continued to be misguided.

Regarding the second point about bail, I suppose every practitioner has a different angle and different instructions from clients. My angle is if a client is incarcerated their most important asset is liberty, and a bail application will be assessed on the material posed before the application (the alleged charges should not constitute a direction on bail, unless of course there is a guilty plea or there are previous convictions of a similar nature).

The only benefit you get by remaining incarcerated is if you are found guilty, that time spent incarcerated will be deducted at the time of sentencing. For me personally, its a small risk for a huge reward (especially if the client has strong grounds to fight the charges he/she should not be there for even one day).

Thanks again and have a nice night.

Last edited:
Hickory dickory dock.....the mouse ran up the clock.....the clock struck one.... and down he run.......

ps. hope some of you older brigade on here can still remember that great nursery rhyme.

I always read / heard it as:

The clock struck one,
The mouse ran down,
Hickory, dickory, dock

Regardless, I remember it well. (So would most on here I reckon.)

Hi fellow Sea eagle tragics i just heard a rumour being told in Central Queensland circles Jake Granville being shopped around, if so i say go for it BIG TIME. Will suit our style perfectly for 2 yrs or so plus teach Fainu a few old tricks.I think a great option for us GET IT DONE
Love his hair :happy:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8