2020 hooker (and Fainu disc.)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Cust or Croker for hooker 2020 if Nas is out

• Cust

Votes: 47 32.4%
  • Crocker

Votes: 16 11.0%
  • Zach Dockar-Clay

• Fainu

• Levi

Votes: 50 34.5%

• Total voters
Gee the Cows have had more then their share of very poor player off field behaviour in past times so maybe not a balanced comparison there but each to their own of course . Hope that you can still retain the once an Eagle supporter , always an Eagle supporter adage , this will pass , still a great and proud club collectively . Hope that you can stay loyal to the cause .
hissy fit over. this sort of stuff does rile me though,
go manly.

But I also believe television and other media platforms have romanticised criminality in this country for way too long.
Hmm.Don't you think it is barking up the wrong tree to imply that art and media should change their spin in order to reduce crime or gangs? Sure, there is artistic romanticising in gang shows, but no more than in cop shows. And wholesome family shows too, for that matter

I'm sure you'd agree the romantic aspect in either case is firmly based in material reality. for example, everyone knows that some people do actually achieve power and wealth by breaking the law, but that comes with danger and risk. This danger and risk is the romantic aspect, and it is not fictional, it is real

Also I don’t see how your argument is advanced at all by pointing out rich kids who become criminals, or poor kids who make good?

Your argument sounds like blaming the illegal ice trade on Breaking Bad. Or blaming West Side Story for Manhattan street gangs having knife fights. Wonderfully artistic shows, but wouldn't you agree it is more likely the real ice trade, and the real street gangs, are what caused those shows to strike such a chord of reality with their audiences? Like The Godfather, and countless others. I mean, everyone in Sydney knew about Abe Saffron, and he sure wasn't fictional.

Hmm.Don't you think it is barking up the wrong tree to imply that art and media should change their spin in order to reduce crime or gangs? Sure, there is artistic romanticising in gang shows, but no more than in cop shows. And wholesome family shows too, for that matter

I'm sure you'd agree the romantic aspect in either case is firmly based in material reality. for example, everyone knows that some people do actually achieve power and wealth by breaking the law, but that comes with danger and risk. This danger and risk is the romantic aspect, and it is not fictional, it is real

Also I don’t see how your argument is advanced at all by pointing out rich kids who become criminals, or poor kids who make good?

Your argument sounds like blaming the illegal ice trade on Breaking Bad. Or blaming West Side Story for Manhattan street gangs having knife fights. Wonderfully artistic shows, but wouldn't you agree it is more likely the real ice trade, and the real street gangs, are what caused those shows to strike such a chord of reality with their audiences? Like The Godfather, and countless others. I mean, everyone in Sydney knew about Abe Saffron, and he sure wasn't fictional.
I’m all for artistic expression and freedom of speech... my point is that real criminals are being glamourised on various platforms and it is having an impact. There is a world of difference between fictional programming and putting real life murderers up on a pedestal. The actual drug trade itself is a whole other argument in my opinion. Of course the international drug cartels have an impact on crime and addiction. Along with the huge pharmaceutical conglomerates, they are doing an exceptional job at poisoning young lives.

Last edited:
my point is that real criminals are being glamourised on various platforms and it is having an impact
Yes I know that's your point.
I see Marvel characters are being glamourised and no doubt that's having an impact too :) Not to mention NRL players and other sportsmen :)

Let's start a threat called ... "what the Government doesn't want you to know" .... who really finances the chemtrails .... big Pharma is an Isis front ...... Oil companies own Disney ...

Let's start a threat called ... "what the Government doesn't want you to know" .... who really finances the chemtrails .... big Pharma is an Isis front ...... Oil companies own Disney ...
Yes I know that's your point.
I see Marvel characters are being glamourised and no doubt that's having an impact too :) Not to mention NRL players and other sportsmen :)
I just don’t see the correlation between fictional super heroes, successful sportsmen, and career criminals...

That would be a huge thread, enormous topics may surface like laws assented under Queen of Australia since the enactment of the Australia Act in 1986 (when the queen of Ausrtralia doesn't exist), Judges and Politicians who do they really swear their oath to? Why are bank and financial institution CEO's not in jail (gaol)?

May need a thread that runs on for many years :)

Last edited:
I just don’t see the correlation between fictional super heroes, successful sportsmen, and career criminals...
Don't worry about it. My point, for what it's worth, was merely that if Gladys suddenly announces she has a new strategy to combat youths joining criminal gangs, and the strategy is... (drum roll) "I'm going to censor how criminals are portrayed on tv and the media"... I reckon we'd all go... "er, wtf???"
I would anyway, lol

The super villains such as dr evil inspire criminal gangs. Probably.
Which real life
Don't worry about it. My point, for what it's worth, was merely that if Gladys suddenly announces she has a new strategy to combat youths joining criminal gangs, and the strategy is... (drum roll) "I'm going to censor how criminals are portrayed on tv and the media"... I reckon we'd all go... "er, wtf???"
I would anyway, lol
Definitely. And there is obviously a wide ranging set of issues which are all contributing to the increasing problem we can see today.

Which real life

Definitely. And there is obviously a wide ranging set of issues which are all contributing to the increasing problem we can see today.
How do you know the problem is increasing? Today's activity doesn't really seem to be as bad as Cabramatta in the 80's and 90s. Hell, what about the cross in the past?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8