2023 Confidence level.....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Out of interest where do you reckon we'll be this time next year?

• Total voters
Okay, let's break this up:

Fullback - we have a GOOD fullback in Tom, who NEVER plays, and chews up miles of cap. Who knows how long he'll last - but he makes Foz look like Iron Man. We now have a winger, who can step up, and do an "adequate" job - and that's the best Garrick is at fullback - adequate. We also have Weekes, who looked great in an awful team. We are okay here.

Wingers - we are okay with Saab (who will be returning from long term injury), and Garrick (returning from surgery). At a pinch, we can pull in that plodder Tuipulotu (but he's a huge step back). We are okay here.

Centres - we have one decent centre in Koula. The others (Parker, Harper & Tuipulotu just aren't up to scratch are are more closely suited to a GOOD NSW Cup team). We need another centre.

Five Eight - we have Schuster, who needs to change a LOT in many ways to fulfill this role. We also have Weekes, who looks fantastic. We are okay here.

Halfback - We have DCE. The more I DON'T say on this bloke the better. He's a primary reason oin so many ways this team is miserable. We have Croker & Humphreys who can step up if required. I also think we should let DCE goes - chews up way too much cap and basically sucks. We are okay here.

Props: Firstly, Jake should be prop. He's way to slow and immobile to be playing lock. Also, Fittler showed how to use Jake properly (hopefully our scrub coach took note). Then we have Aloiai (who never takes the field like Tom), but then created massive drama off the field. Paseka needs to step up, and Keppie needs to become more consistent, and channel that aggression. We are probably good here. The fact that Bullemor can play in the middles makes prop quite deep - but they all need to improve.

Hooker: We have Croker, who tries his guts out, but adds absolutely nothing in attack or X-factor. He has no kicking game (short or long). Then we have some diminutive dude in our Flegg team people are suggesting should step up. This is out biggest hole and need. And we are heading into our 4th - 5th year without a proper resolution. We need a Hooker BADLY or we'll continue to get dominated by the top 4 teams, and now the top 8 teams.

Backrow: We have Olakau'atu, who could be anything. I just hope Des doesn't break him. We are bringing in an absolute plod in Tuilagi (don't let people sway you, just look at his numbers - he's a plod). Then I believe Jake should be a prop. For me, this suggests we need TWO backrowers (one being a lock). Hooker is priority, but a beastly lock is paramount. We need TWO backrowers

Utility: We'll have Lawton and Weekes - so for me, our 14 spot is actually up there with the better teams believe it or not. So we are okay here.

Priority wise:
1. Hooker
2. New lock to cover Jakes position
3. Centre
4. Backrower
Spot on champ.

Hey, I started writing a response to your earlier post where you listed a possible team for next year and said that that team would finish 2nd last. I was going to say, I thought that was a bit tough coz as long as they can stay relatively fit, that team is a much better team than 2nd last. Anyway, you then did this pretty good analysis and to me, it doesn't sound like you think it's a 2nd last placed team. RE your position situation .....

FB - agree but with any player, you don't how long they'll last. So let's just hope Tom gets some luck next year.
Wingers - agree. But maybe you can shine some light on Saab. I noted in a post after the last home game, that I saw him out on the field with a minor limp, no crutches, no brace. It got me wondering if his injury was actually a long term prob.
Centres - agree - except I'm still a Parker fan in the absence of a class centre available. No, he's not a match winner but he is a solid defender, all guts and all Manly. If Koula goes up another level next year, Parker would be a solid support until someone quicker comes along. Maybe Weekes?? I don't know about that.
5/8 - agree. It's now over to Josh.
Half - agree but look, Cherry isn't going anywhere so we just have to hope something changes with his consistency.
Props - agree. Just 2 things - do you think Jake is up to a full game at prop? Fittler plays him off the bench but he'll be expected/or want to be playing the whole game. I'm not sure he's got the battering ram body for that. The other thing is Boyle. He's been another injury prone player but I watched him in that Roosters game and he was pretty good. He bent the line most runs and his tackling seemed ok. But I never heard anymore about him after that game. Part of the communication problems we've all discussed previously. Is he injured again? I've got no idea but if he's still around, he could still be a decent player. The games I watched with Tuitavake this year, I have to say, I couldn't see the talent noted. I thought Sione looked more dangerous and of course, he's gone. Anyway, in lieu of unknown players coming (as noted by @Mark from Brisbane) I think there are enough props to work with if they lift a level as you've noted.
Backrowers - agree. Guac could be anything but man, he has to stop starting from a flat footed run. It's one of the things that has driven me nuts about Des this year, seemingly, he hasn't coached more of the hole running into him. Or has it been Cherry not providing the opportunity? And Tuilagi - I know his stats aren't great but the few games I saw, he looks like he has some potential, so hopefully Des can get something more out of him.
Hooker - Again, Croker isn't going anywhere. Having just gotten the B&F in that position, Des won't be moving him. So I reckon Lawton will be the back up. I'm not as harsh on him as you are in attack but he certainly isn't up to some others like say, Mahoney. But he needs to be in that team for his defence and courage as a motivator to the rest of them.
And finally, I think one of the missing backrowers could be Zac Fulton. Yes, he's young and inexperinced but he showed enough in that Roosters cameo that he's got what it takes to take the step up. A good pre season and I reckon he'll be ready for a backrower spot some time next year. Anyway, for what's it's worth.

So you've listed Zac Fulton, Morgan Boyle and Brad Parker as your alternatives. Okies then.

Most clubs have their rosters settled already Mark for next season. There aren't any players of note left.

We are where we are.

Team has a hole (Canberra with Hodgson for example, they fill it).
Infinitely possible , although unlikely , that there are players still in the finals that might be transferring.

I’m certainly not slitting my wrists just yet.

I might in February but I’m safe for 3 or 4 months.

So you've listed Zac Fulton, Morgan Boyle and Brad Parker as your alternatives. Okies then.
That's a bit simplistic but yes, in the absence of anyone better (and I all I've seen to date are unrealistic/or unknown wish lists). I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens over the next couple of months to get a clearer picture.

Tom fit and playing all year, Schuster fit and finding his potential at 5/8, forwards with a rocket up them over summer in defense drills. Des coaching and Jake captain. I'd say 5th -7th next year.

The team we have now will be a year older and with a really good preseason ,plus less injuries , we can go deep into the finals at the end of 2023 .
Against the top 4 sides that have had settled squads for seasons now, the young brigade are going to come out o top? After having Blacktown as the feeder squad?

Optimism at its finest.

Every year is a new year.0
Start fresh.
These blokes linking bad seasons into the next year live miserable lives.
I don't think it's got anything to do with bad seasons, at least going into those seasons we had a pretty much settled squad. I think it's more to do with the happenings over the past couple of months both on and off the field along with the current upheaval within the coaching staff and not knowing who will be in charge of the team in '23. The reports that half the team didn't front for the mad Monday get together doesn't help either plus the fact that we've let a large portion of the squad go with only the addition of a second rower and bugger all else. We haven’t been grooming our talented juniors to make the step up to firsts either. The only misery in my life currently stems from how my club seems to be imploding and no one is stepping up to clear the air or inform us on possible signings to take the focus off everything else that's currently making headlines. Now for a glass or two of Shiraz to numb the misery😉

I'd have him in there in a heartbeat. I'd also play Tuitavake , but I'm just a numpty. But we are talking Des here. He'll go with what he always has. He'd never admit defeat.
Was Tuitavake injured this year? Thought we might have seen him at some stage but it didn't happen.

Was Tuitavake injured this year? Thought we might have seen him at some stage but it didn't happen.
I saw him get a knee injury in the Blacktown game (from memeory) the night of the Roosters game. If not then the game either side of that. Then never saw him again.

To improve we must play our kids, how did cowboys improve yes kids.
Needs to more than Koula and Schuster. Question is will Des do this or play plodders

Fulton, Weekes, Tuitavake must feature alot more tbh. I do like idea of using Jake upfront but who plays 13 then ?

Like other clubs who are waiting to see what the salary cap increase is next year, I suspect Manly may buy another few players in the offseason if there is a significant increase.

Fulton, Weekes, Tuitavake must feature alot more tbh. I do like idea of using Jake upfront but who plays 13 then ?
Lawton. We could have a bench of Weekes/Humphries, Bullemore/Fulton, Paseka, Keppie/Sipley with Tuitavake as 18.

Jake
Croker
Aloia
Olakatua
Tuilagi
Lawton
DCE
Schuster
Saab
Koula
Harper/Parker
Garrick
Turbo

Weekes
Bullemore
Paseka
Keppie

Last edited:
Okay, let's break this up:

Fullback - we have a GOOD fullback in Tom, who NEVER plays, and chews up miles of cap. Who knows how long he'll last - but he makes Foz look like Iron Man. We now have a winger, who can step up, and do an "adequate" job - and that's the best Garrick is at fullback - adequate. We also have Weekes, who looked great in an awful team. We are okay here.

Wingers - we are okay with Saab (who will be returning from long term injury), and Garrick (returning from surgery). At a pinch, we can pull in that plodder Tuipulotu (but he's a huge step back). We are okay here.

Centres - we have one decent centre in Koula. The others (Parker, Harper & Tuipulotu just aren't up to scratch are are more closely suited to a GOOD NSW Cup team). We need another centre.

Five Eight - we have Schuster, who needs to change a LOT in many ways to fulfill this role. We also have Weekes, who looks fantastic. We are okay here.

Halfback - We have DCE. The more I DON'T say on this bloke the better. He's a primary reason oin so many ways this team is miserable. We have Croker & Humphreys who can step up if required. I also think we should let DCE goes - chews up way too much cap and basically sucks. We are okay here.

Props: Firstly, Jake should be prop. He's way to slow and immobile to be playing lock. Also, Fittler showed how to use Jake properly (hopefully our scrub coach took note). Then we have Aloiai (who never takes the field like Tom), but then created massive drama off the field. Paseka needs to step up, and Keppie needs to become more consistent, and channel that aggression. We are probably good here. The fact that Bullemor can play in the middles makes prop quite deep - but they all need to improve.

Hooker: We have Croker, who tries his guts out, but adds absolutely nothing in attack or X-factor. He has no kicking game (short or long). Then we have some diminutive dude in our Flegg team people are suggesting should step up. This is out biggest hole and need. And we are heading into our 4th - 5th year without a proper resolution. We need a Hooker BADLY or we'll continue to get dominated by the top 4 teams, and now the top 8 teams.

Backrow: We have Olakau'atu, who could be anything. I just hope Des doesn't break him. We are bringing in an absolute plod in Tuilagi (don't let people sway you, just look at his numbers - he's a plod). Then I believe Jake should be a prop. For me, this suggests we need TWO backrowers (one being a lock). Hooker is priority, but a beastly lock is paramount. We need TWO backrowers

Utility: We'll have Lawton and Weekes - so for me, our 14 spot is actually up there with the better teams believe it or not. So we are okay here.

Priority wise:
1. Hooker
2. New lock to cover Jakes position
3. Centre
4. Backrower
Well done - an astute and accurate assessment of where we are at!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11