2024 Rumoured and confirmed signings (NON-DISCUSSION THREAD).

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Another signing news for you all;

Veteran forward Aaron Woods is set to be granted his wish with a new deal at Manly - but it will be a contract with a difference.

Woods, aged 32 and one of the most popular players in the league, is set to get a contract not in Manly's top 30 to start the season.

Assuming he accepts the deal, he will begin the year in the NSW Cup and also take on a role mentoring the Sea Eagles' young forwards.

IMG_5897.jpeg

8 year offer?

Sport Confidential: Manly Sea Eagles offer Haumole Olakau’atu an eight-year deal​

The Sea Eagles have presented the club’s longest ever deal to forward Haumole Olakau’atu in a bid to stave off interest from two other Sydney-based clubs.
Manly have offered rising star Haumole Olakau’atu the equal-longest deal in the club’s history – worth almost $7 million - in a bid to keep the back-rower away from rival clubs.
It is understood the Sea Eagles have upped their deal to re-sign Olakau’atu by tabling a bumper eight year offer worth about $850,000 a season.

The contract length matches the club’s longest ever deal which was given to skipper Daly Cherry-Evans. Cherry-Evans just completed the final year of that mega contract before re-signing with the club for another two years.

Olakau’atu is still not off-contract until the end of 2025, but the Sea Eagles know that other clubs are preparing to entice the Tongan international on deals worth more than $900,000 a season.

The new contract will take Olakau’atu through until the end of the 2031 season where he will be 33. Should he sign he will become the only Sea Eagles player contracted beyond 2027 when the current deals of Josh Schuster, Luke Brooks and Tolutau Koula expire.

The Sea Eagles only extended Olakau’atu’s contract last year through until the end of 2025. During recent talks, they had originally offered a deal to take Olakau’atu through to the end of the 2030 season.

However, Manly has upped the contract length knowing the likes of St George Illawarra and Canberra will swoop should Olakau’atu hit the open market.

Manly slugger weighing up Super League move​

Manly's Samoan Test forward Josh Aloiai could be headed for the Super League next season.

Leigh Leopards, coached by former Sydney Roosters star Adrian Lam, are showing interest in the 27-year-old prop.

Leigh are on a high after winning the Challenge Cup Final this year and are looking to boost their playing stocks.

Aloiai has over 130 NRL games to his name with the Tigers and Sea Eagles and has also played five Tests for Samoa.

He played 16 games for Manly this season and is under contract until the end of 2025 but the club is prepared to grant him a release.

The Sea Eagles are top-heavy with forwards after signing Aitasi James (Wests Tigers) and Corey Waddell (Bulldogs) for next season, and Josh Schuster is set to move into the pack from five-eighth.

https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2Ffs%2F506cab99-57fa-4510-8f4d-6f49199eab28

Nephew apparently. Used to play for Castleford. fullback and centre. Has struggled with injury at Knights. Only played 16 Ressies games in 2 years. Shoulder surgery in 23.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12