2nd Row the KEY the Key.....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
This untested backrow of Green & Brown will have a huge impact on the outcome Friday night
The boys up front in Jake, Myles are reliable & will hold their own - proven on form from 2015
Kapow is just a brute & will simply play tough footy & imo, roam about creating chaos in tight & on the edges - right & left , though that supreme right fend is best used on the left edge....
Thing is - Brown played much of 2015 as a utility often shifted to the centres & his 2nd row partner was a centre/winger - mainly in NSW cup!!
Its a scary thought that these 2 outside backs are facing off in the 1st game in the forwards!!
*Shows a few things - Barrett has plenty of faith in the toughness of the other big boppers to handle the muscle of a rugged pack in the Dogs.
*The coaching staff at Manly are giving players a go on form - not pet favourites
*Barrett has a game plan that can expect high tempo - quickness across the park & meeting an area we have recently gone downhill - keeping up with the speed of todays game - often looking slower than our opposition...
Brown has played for NZ in the backrow & could really prove a super buy & Green....well maybe be that bigger faster backrower who can actually break the line.
Add Leary to that replacement backrower & he also adds that agile style.
Really keen to see Brown & Green do well & be a massive part of the new Manly side come Friday...I know plenty are apprehensive with Barretts call, but imo he has it right & will prove that in 2 days.....burning the Dogs with game speed, particularly late in both halves.

Good points. This year we not only have two less interchanges but at least one interchange will be the hooker, something we are not used to.
Prop rotation AND second row will be criticle. One thing is sure, Dan can expect some traffic on silvertails on friday and the weekend.

This untested backrow of Green & Brown will have a huge impact on the outcome Friday night
The boys up front in Jake, Myles are reliable & will hold their own - proven on form from 2015
Kapow is just a brute & will simply play tough footy & imo, roam about creating chaos in tight & on the edges - right & left , though that supreme right fend is best used on the left edge....
Thing is - Brown played much of 2015 as a utility often shifted to the centres & his 2nd row partner was a centre/winger - mainly in NSW cup!!
Its a scary thought that these 2 outside backs are facing off in the 1st game in the forwards!!
*Shows a few things - Barrett has plenty of faith in the toughness of the other big boppers to handle the muscle of a rugged pack in the Dogs.
*The coaching staff at Manly are giving players a go on form - not pet favourites
*Barrett has a game plan that can expect high tempo - quickness across the park & meeting an area we have recently gone downhill - keeping up with the speed of todays game - often looking slower than our opposition...
Brown has played for NZ in the backrow & could really prove a super buy & Green....well maybe be that bigger faster backrower who can actually break the line.
Add Leary to that replacement backrower & he also adds that agile style.
Really keen to see Brown & Green do well & be a massive part of the new Manly side come Friday...I know plenty are apprehensive with Barretts call, but imo he has it right & will prove that in 2 days.....burning the Dogs with game speed, particularly late in both halves.
G'day all,Be interesting to see how Green goes as he did have some big raps on him at one stage,maybe the change of club and position will be the making of him.
I don't know about no pet selections though as neither Brown nor Koroisau have taken part in any pre season matches,both recovering from off season surgery and both coming with Barrett from Penrith,with the obvious prospect of a first grade position.We can certainly hope though you now must perform or someone else gets a go.
cheers mike

Maxta could be correct. With Brown and Green in the second row I think Barrett is looking to exploit the Dogs lack of speed and stamina in the forwards. Both are the type who could probably play for 80 minutes so that might also be a factor. In-game injuries aside TB might not be planning on taking either player off during the game and leaving his interchanges for the three up front and at lock.

How the outside backs line up will be interesting. If Snake is out we know Tommy will play fullback. But who comes in on the wing?

Here is a question. Is there a chance that Green might end up on the wing with Feleti into the 2nd row and Vave onto the bench?

giphy.gif

I think Lewis Brown will be one of the best recruits we have made for some time. Don't underestimate how tough and powerful he is. His defence is top notch and he can play for eighty minutes.
Green is an unknown to me but has obviously impressed the coaching staff.
The input from Cartwright and Siebold in selections also gives me confidence that they have come up with a team to beat the Dogs.

Green rewarded for hard
work

Wayne Cousins

Thu 3rd March, 10:34AM
1456961873879.jpg

Caption: Nathan Green (left) will make his Club debut for the Sea Eagles alongside Martin Taupau on Friday night.

Hard work and impressive trial form led to Coach Trent Barrett giving Nathan Green the chance to make his Club premiership debut for the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles at Brookvale Oval this Friday night.

The former St George-Illawarra Dragons centre/winger was offered an opportunity with the Sea Eagles by Barrett, who brought him over with the view of playing Green in the back-row.

Barrett said Green deserves his chance against the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs in the opening round of the Telstra Premiership.

”I thought he has been one of our real standouts of this pre-season. I’ve said all along we will pick players on their trial form and hold them accountable as to how well they train,’’ Barrett said.

“We had some pretty disappointed guys through the week that did miss out on the side. We have got some depth but I certainly won’t shy away from picking the side that gives us the best chance to win on the weekend.

“It is their spot now and it is up to them to keep it. I know Nathan is really excited. He has put on a lot of weight in the off-season and he has trained solely as a back-rower.

“I am really confident that he will do a good job. He brings a bit of size, he is willing, and he does all the little things right. That’s all I need him to do.”

Barrett is clearly sending a message this week. Hopefully it lights a fire under everyones belly and the internal competition drives the club to new hights.

Glad to see a coach who selects on form. Hopefully it pans out. Still concerned we are 1 prop short though.

Picking on form.. No favourites? Brown has no current form with manly.. He's been injured.. Same with api. Sounds like favourites to me. Anyway everyone has a clean slate. Like Tb says.. Your spot to lose now. Few players gunning for their spots is always a good thing. Got a feeling williame will play and I think he may even start at fullback with Turbo on the wing.

Picking on form.. No favourites? Brown has no current form with manly.. He's been injured.. Same with api. Sounds like favourites to me. Anyway everyone has a clean slate. Like Tb says.. Your spot to lose now. Few players gunning for their spots is always a good thing. Got a feeling williame will play and I think he may even start at fullback with Turbo on the wing.
Form is not simply judged on games....the ethics at training & determined attitudes & influence on other players also play a big part.
Some must have missed a fair bit relating to Manly's pre season as Green has earned his spot according to Barrett & his training staff- not my choice from afar, but respect the decision by those regarded highly enough to make the big calls.
As for Brown, he has been rated massive with what he brings to Manly with great attitude again pointed out by Barrett & as an international back rower playing in his rightful position, I'm 100% happy with the decision.
Certainly not a favourites situation at all, shown by Green starting & Vave who has been killing it off season a bench chance, fairly obvious examples of that.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8