5/8 2017

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Just had a look at Brookvales profile. He is 25 years old! I'm a 15 year old! Cmon brother give me a break but I do see the comparisons you see and it's a little bit scary. Maybe this is me from the future or something?
No you're busted Turbo, I checked months ago and you and Brookvale2015 shared the same IP address. I decided not to make an issue of it just in case you really are a 15 year old. Which you do seem to be (and even if not in years, then perhaps in other ways).
Friendly tip - Love your enthusiasm but you make up stuff and that detracts from the value of your input.

No you're busted Turbo, I checked months ago and you and Brookvale2015 shared the same IP address. I decided not to make an issue of it just in case you really are a 15 year old. Which you do seem to be (and even if not in years, then perhaps in other ways).
Friendly tip - Love your enthusiasm but you make up stuff and that detracts from the value of your input.
Righto I was brookvale2015 but I acted like such a dickhead back then and lied that I was 25 years old (only because I though there was an age restriction) but I'm 15 years old no doubt love manly to the bone. Hopefully you can look past my start to this forum, I actually started on zero tackle and I really enjoyed that forum but I got banned for starting fights with this parra fan. So I came to silvertails and I was silly while I was the other user, I tended to do what baz did and love favourites. Rightly this stating to sound like a Mitchell Pearce statement anyway sorry for the inconvenience.

It's not inconvenient it's just that there's no need to pretend around here, be who you are. And why try to trick anyone? After all, we are all (mainly) on the same side here.

Or you post yourself on one side of field and still look like a disorganised mess?

The guy is really struggling there is no doubt. He is completely turning his back on the basics and trying way too hard when he should just keep it simple. Manly have had ball in the opposition 20 and he has come up with a duck egg time and time again. This idea that we have to punch holes all the time for the halves to do something is rubbish...maybe to consistently win games and be effective for the duration of a match, yes, but when the opportunities do present (as they do in most games of football), he comes up with rubbish.
Punching holes is not just all about "actual punching holes" but the likelihood of the structures creating or punching holes to put doubt into the defence or just sheer power that attracts defence.

You have to set running lines, structures ,"ask more straight running questions" to the defence along with setting up plays in the previous tackles, setting up your most dynamic powerful runners at the right times during a tackle count and either take advantage of the next play or use them as the next play.

It is not the be all and end all but in the early stages of basically a new team/coach you are not going to have all the above set in place, it is way too much to ask early on. (Foran supplied and was the foundation of most of our structure along with Ballin---DCE did bugger all in this department)

The way fans were going on about more sharpness from dummy half and DCE "floating around" like they are some kind of wonder drug to attack is getting way ahead of themselves---it's more important right now to compete and gain power in the forwards then at least our simple attacking spreads have a fighting chance, Parcell can take advantage---the overall confidence will improve, the offloads and ball playing interchange even with the forwards will improve and it will flow on into the backs.

Melb rely on structure and well rehearsed running lines with Bellamy stressing the emphasis on asking questions and straightness with those questions---everyone knows their roles----we are nowhere near that stage yet.

70% of sharp long sweeping wide effective spreads with the best running lines and decoys is right to left---left to right spreads are weak in comparison and mostly embarrassing to watch. That in itself shows you can get away with posting players on one side---it shouldn't be the case but it mostly is and shows the lack of professionalism in players being able to pass on both sides and coaching.

(This is not saying 70% of tries are on that side as the right side can be set up after a dangerous left side sweep along with isolating the right side for a kick)

Left to right spreads tend to be short shifts in comparison to right to left with weaker, less crisp, floating or end over end passing.

As i said at the start of the year most of our tries in the early stages will be simple show and goes or of a very basic attacking nature, so if we don't compete in the forwards or offer any danger in this department we will struggle in attack.

I even stated last year that DCE would have a terrible year if the forwards don't aim up---without all the ball-playing structures/options of Foran and G.Stewart from the past covering our forward weaknessess and also allowing DCE to play off structures.

I see DCE performances improving year 2 and 3(in our squad build up and maturity) and being able to float around more, hopefully some good signs back end of this year also.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7