• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Snake

Snake's Alive!
So this is the position with the biggest question mark over it heading into next season.

Possible options are;

Lyon
Gutherson
Koroisau
Parcell
Moltzen

Nothing to get too excited out.

I think the best bet would be to put Lyon at 5/8, move Hiku into the centres, and bring Tom T onto the wing. Moltzen should never see 1st grade, and Gutherson can be the necessary cover for the backs that will inevitably be required given Matai, Snake, and Lyon are all post 30 years old.

Parcell and Koroisau are genuine hookers and I don't like what i've seen of Api at 6 anyway. I do think he is a fine player though.

Thoughts?

Parcell is the closest thing to foz and I think he is our future 5/8. Koroisau shouldn't be 5/8 just not built for that position. Well would u take Lyon out of the centres? I wouldn't he just always get Peta in a perfect position to plant the ball down. Moltzen should not be mentioned! Gutho needs more experience in the top grade.

By the way Parcell and Koroisau have both been promised playing week in week out so that shows that Lyon won't be 5/8. Unless they waste a bench spot on a hooker that is not needed when we could have another forward.

• 📚
Reactions: Rex
Parcell is the closest thing to foz and I think he is our future 5/8. Koroisau shouldn't be 5/8 just not built for that position. Well would u take Lyon out of the centres? I wouldn't he just always get Peta in a perfect position to plant the ball down. Moltzen should not be mentioned! Gutho needs more experience in the top grade.

Killer is slowing, making it harder to get around the opposite centre. Saw that alot this year.

Unless Parcell is marked as the future 5/8, I think it makes sense to play killer at 5/8 (which he will do well at) and allow hiku to centre and then Tommy/Gutho to the wing.

I'm sure our new coach who was a fairly decent 6 himself will have a pretty strong opinion here so will be interesting to see who he goes with.

I'd personally go with Killer for at least next year. That would bring Peta into the centres where he is much better defensively and would allow either Tommy or Gutho (probably Tommy) onto the wing which should add some much needed pace to the side. We may have a star studded backline, but Snake, Killer and Skivy are all the wrong side of 30 and are no longer a pure speed threat (was Skivy ever fast??). And lets face it, Peta and Jorge aren't exactly amongst the fastest outside backs going around.

Two hookers in the side could work. I know the game has changed a bit since then but it worked with Ballin and L'Estrange.

Right now I'm not sold on Koroisau or Parcell playing 5/8.

Forget Moltzen. Strictly NSW Cup material. He'll be like JLJ was here, only used as an injury or rep game replacement.

However, I can't shake the feeling that the club didn't sign two 22 year old hookers to share the role or have one play in NSW Cup. I think one of them will end up as DCE's halves partner, just which one remains to be seen.

Last edited:
Killer is our best option at 5/8 because he is proven at this position and is the most experienced in this position . Killer at 5/8 will also free a spot in the backline for Turbo and Gutherson . Parcell was quoted as saying that he wants to play hooker .

Yes I agree with you ( holden v8) it wouldn't surprise to see both parcell and koroisau play as interchange hookers,remember the interchange rule is only 8 nxt year,so I can see these 2 plus dce having a field day once teams with big boppers start to tire late in games.

I think having 2 explosive hookers in the 17 will prove to be a major strike weapon for us. So hopefully Api starts and Parcell on bench.
Ive never really wanted Lyon at 5/8 but i think everyone would benefit from this move. He is slowing up to be a strike centre, we can't have T Turbo out of the side and Hiku is a better centre than he is winger.
This really dose make the most sense.

I don't understand why its an assumption hiku will automatically play centre! I think with a new coach hiku could be forced to play for his spot the way I see it we have 3 future stars (hiku,gutho and TT) fighting how 2 positions! Good times ahead for 2016!

Fairly sure it will be Parcel at 6, given Lyon is rather injury prone now & Manly have ****loads of quality at centre (Clint, Hiku, Tommy).

A full off season with Lyon at 6, only to get injured in the 1st round, would be a disaster. But if he was at 4 then he would be readily replaced.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8