5th is a chance

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Rambo1987

Bencher
I was just told we still can make it to 5th. I didnt think that was a chance.
Rooster lose to the Cowboys.
Warriors lose to Eels.
We win - for & against does not matter.

Then again we lose and Rabbits win - we could be out.

mate as long as we win against the dogs on sunday and once we make the top eight anything can happen .

we need the tigers desperately as they have the weakest pack..penrith flog us out there very time and with a weakened side like ours we would be flogged.i think the tigers are the only side we have even the slightest hope against.Sts and Penrith will murder us.

it doesnt matter really as we will be fodder the following week but a second week final campaign in my book would be an outstanding result given our injuries/suspensions and referee problems.

susan link said:
we need the tigers desperately as they have the weakest pack..penrith flog us out there very time and with a weakened side like ours we would be flogged.i think the tigers are the only side we have even the slightest hope against.Sts and Penrith will murder us.

it doesnt matter really as we will be fodder the following week but a second week final campaign in my book would be an outstanding result given our injuries/suspensions and referee problems.

Yep, hopefully we make the 2nd round of the finals. I want Glenn Stewart fit for our 2nd trial next year.

Riff have 2nd sewed up

So to play tigpies we need the girls to knock the chooks off, odd of $8 albeit close at halftime

ads link said:
Looks like we are 7th, 8th or 9th!

and if the Storm were still playing for points we would currently be 9th now.

I hope we dont cop a flogging tomorrow but still make 8th then suffer the inevitable embarrasment of being flogged by Saints next week. Better to end the season tomorrow in shame than next week in total humiliation.

I hate to say it but some of the 'supporters' on here are disappointing. I'm not running the 'true supporter' line here, far from it. Yep, we aren't going well. It is obvious and there is a raft of reasons why and we have discussed them at length. But to want to see us bow out early I just don't get. Tomorrow is shame, next week is humiliation mick? It may happen and it may not. I'd rather see us finish in the 8 than not. Every week is a new possibility.

Exactly MB. I want to see my team play one more game, this will be season 6 in thE finals if we make it.

TBH I wouldn't be to embarrassed if we're out in the first week of the finals or this week. Think about it we got rookie halves, our fullback has been out for the majority of the season, our back row has now been decimated by injuries and suspension. So if we make it I'll be proud of the boy's none the less

Making 8th is a good effort either way - if we had a full compliment of players we would be one og the favourites.

Im happy being in the 8 and we have done well and how would you feel being a dogs or Eels fan right now.

I personally would be happy being a team that would be a premiership fav but some times we just have to suck it up and be happy where we are.

Yeah our luck with the refs decisions has cost us a top 4 spot alone not to mention our injury's and rookie halves ect.

Those that are happy to accept mediocrity are destined to live with it for all time. Me, I accept winning, anything less is failure.

Ant80 link said:
[quote author=mickqld link=topic=185034.msg290301#msg290301 date=1283606515]
Those that are happy to accept mediocrity are destined to live with it for all time. Me, I accept winning, anything less is failure.

Short term pain, long term gain
[/quote]

We have 2 options
1. Accept a little pain for long term survival
2. Lets go all out and go over the salary cap and come last (the dreaded wooden spoon)

Rambo1987 link said:
[quote author=Ant80 link=topic=185034.msg290303#msg290303 date=1283607055]
[quote author=mickqld link=topic=185034.msg290301#msg290301 date=1283606515]

Short term pain, long term gain
[/quote]

We have 2 options
1. Accept a little pain for long term survival
2. Lets go all out and go over the salary cap and come last (the dreaded wooden spoon)
[/quote]

1st option for me. We've now given Hoppa Jnr and the like experience at top grade and they know they can play there it's only a matter of time until we reap the benefit's. A prime example of this is look at the Canberra Raiders and the New Zealand Warriors who's young players are playing great football no matter how you lookat it.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8