5th or 6th BUT not 4th

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Running through the predictor (like we all do I suppose), I can't see a home semi...we'd need Penrith to lose a few and after last week that seems unlikely.

SO

Win against Roosters and Bulldogs and finish 5th, playing Panthers at CUA in 1st week of finals.

Lose against Roosters but beat Bulldogs and finish 6th, player Tigers at ??? in 1st week.

But really can't see a home semi unless we win the last two and Penrith lose their last two.

So assuming above whom would you like to play in round 1 of Finals and why??

We are a chance against anyone in the 8 to be honest. Even The Dragons will choke like they do, and are.

Another thing I forgot to add is this
if we play the Panthers want it hot, from my recollection they have played very few day games.
and for the Tigers wet and slippery, minimises Farah (sooky  boy) and Benji's impact on the game and they have to rely on their forwards a lot more

Tigers has to be the preferred option.

Jeez my manly grass and predictions are really coming into play....5th

The Tigers or the Titans...they've cost me heaps of points in the tipping contest. I just can't get it through my thick head that either are the genuine article.
Although I'm starting to believe it says more about me than them..lol

Mark from Brisbane link said:
But really can't see a home semi unless we win the last two and Penrith lose their last two.

If we are to grab fourth spot it will be at the expense of the Tigers. That will require the Tigers to lose to Storm at home and Titans away and us to win both. Certainly not out of the realms of possibility but will mostly depend on how the Storm shape up this week and how we back up on Sunday with our injury concerns.

thats right tigers have the hard run home panthers should win both games and we can win both.we have better for and against than the tigers.

Brad's....Storm don't lose at home (recently) but away have lost just abouit all theor games since the "outing"...so I see  one win and one loss and us still at 5th

it dosent matter were one team finishes as long as they make the eight and history has proved that the team coming 1, 2, 3, or 4 is NOT guaranteed of a grand final win . the biggest factor here is which team win handle the semi final and final pressure, and the team that best handles this is the team that has recently been there and gone all the way and the team with the best credentials here is yes you all finally guessed , its none other than the MIGHTY SEA EAGLES . The dragons , history shows that they chocke they have no chance . The titans , history shows they have no history at all in reaching a grand finall, and all the other pretenders that are in the top 8 , well they are history as well.

Ant80 link said:
Another thing I forgot to add is this
if we play the Panthers want it hot, from my recollection they have played very few day games.
and for the Tigers wet and slippery, minimises Farah (sooky  boy) and Benji's impact on the game and they have to rely on their forwards a lot more

Didn't worry us playing the Tigers on a dry hard track at Gosford on a sunny arvo recently. They are pretenders we will smash them again if we have to.

I'd rather be playing a Team that beat us last time, than a Team that we towled up.

There'll only be 1 day game 1 v 8

7 and 8 has never won the comp since the new league in 98 and i dont think six has iether.broncos in 06,not sure.maybe.

top 4 would have won it 90% of time.no team has won more than 5 games in a row this year.if you run 5-8 you will have to win 4 Away games in a row if you are a sydney side like us(regional is different)

good luck to the sydney sides who dont make the 4.they will need it.

Fact , the eels made the grand final from 8th position last year and if they played a team that wasnt one million dollars over the cap they would have won it. Fact semi finals football is a lot different to premiership games , just ask the dragons that came 1 st last year and got smashed  at home by the eels  the team  that just scraped in 8th position, The great titans will sink in the semis like the unsinkable great titanic did .GO THE SEA EAGLES .

Even if we lose both games we will still finish 7th. 6th if we win 1 game 5th if we win 2 unless tigers lose both games which is the only possibility of 4th. Reminds me of last year now we've lost Rodney. Lost Glen Hall before first semi under tragic circumstances that really hit everyone in the team. Hope things are better with the Hall family these days.
Bad luck for Rodney he has been playing great.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • Dan
    Kim Jong Dan

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9