6pm Friday Game

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Have to admit, I miss watching league on Saturday afternoons. Adelaide started getting the ABC telecasts in the early 90's when the commentators were Warren Boland, Arthur Beetson, John Peard and Debbie Spillane. Manly got quite a few home games that I got to watch and one that will always stand out was the day we thumped Western Suburbs 66-8 in 1994. Cliffy was on fire playing halfback that day.

Adelaide ABC were getting the coverage a lot earlier than that HoldenV8. I was down there doing my rookies at RAAF Edinburgh in 1980 and us New South Welshmen and Queenslanders were watching the 3pm Saturday games back then too. :)

So we're assuming where it says pay tv they mean Fox....hmmm, not so sure....

This was always coming.

It's like the racing industry, the NRL don't want to cater for crowds other that big matches. They are only interested in the 80k people who attend Origin and the GF. The 9000 that turn up to Brookie on a cold wet day are just a pain in the butt.

6pm for Sydney games would be a disaster but for some teams not an issue ( those are mentioned above).

Even the mighty Broncos ( lol) with their stadium a 10 minute walk from the city wouldn't have a problem, although get used to it they will get about 24 of the 26 Friday night FTA games regardless.

So that means for most of those without Fox a free night without footy as who wants to see those tossers every Friday?

6PM Sunday night game would be better than a Friday 6PM.

I must say though i am glad the two games at 7:30PM Friday nights is over either way. Agree 6PM Friday will be difficult to get too but i still think you would draw a better crowd at 6PM on a Friday night than you would 7PM on a Monday night.

I haven't seen the story yet but I would imagine it would be mainly for the Warriors.

A kickoff for them would be 8pm but would they want every 2nd Friday night? I doubt it. They would also love their Sunday arvo/ Saturday night footy.

It also depends on whether the idiots at NRL want to schedule 6pm Friday every week or only about 5 or 6 like they did with the Thursday night games this year and last.

I don't mind watching a 6pm Friday game if it were a Warriors home game. I wouldn't want to see this scheduled for the 24 or 26 rounds though.

It can't work for any Sydney teams. Probably parra would be the only Sydney team that could pull it off with such a huge working base to call upon. It would finish early enough for the workers to still get the train afterwards.

Maybe the 8th game can be mixed up with a few Friday night 6pm, Saturday 1pm, Sunday night 6pm. At least no games would clash them which is a good thing.

Give the 6pm Friday night games to the Roosters as well. None of their supporters turn up anyway to Allianz ;)

Have to admit, I miss watching league on Saturday afternoons. Adelaide started getting the ABC telecasts in the early 90's when the commentators were Warren Boland, Arthur Beetson, John Peard and Debbie Spillane. Manly got quite a few home games that I got to watch and one that will always stand out was the day we thumped Western Suburbs 66-8 in 1994. Cliffy was on fire playing halfback that day.
Yes great memories, I actually thought that commentary team was heaps better than the idiots on nine, Boland was knowledgeable and a bit like Brandy, hated them both when playing against us but really enjoy their input on tv.

If he pays top dollar, he can have it.

I can't see Ch9 relinquishing too much from their current deal, without a very big payout from Foxtel (or Optus) for a couple of those games to be transferred back.
Rupe never pays top dollar.

Had to have a 6pm Friday. Wayne likes to get to the Horlicks at a decent hour.

Adelaide ABC were getting the coverage a lot earlier than that HoldenV8. I was down there doing my rookies at RAAF Edinburgh in 1980 and us New South Welshmen and Queenslanders were watching the 3pm Saturday games back then too. :)

Even though I've been a Manly fan since 1982, I'll admit that during the 80's when I was growing up the local Aussie rules competition (the SANFL) was my main sport in winter. Then I grew up lol

Give the 6pm Friday night games to the Roosters as s turn up anyway to Allianz ;)
Titans will play this game each week. The NRL contacted their three supporters - one is 12yrs old and finishes school in time, one is unemployed so no worries there, and the other one is sleeping with her boss, so can knock off early. Green light Foxtel!

This is just Fox back tracking and realising that pay TV will die in the eastern states with out rugby league. I heard somewhere that they don't have the rights to the Premier Leauge from 2018 on? If that's so then it will only be Rugby and AFL.
AFL is a better game to watch live than on TV and as soon as the swans loose a few NSW won't care too much for them.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8