7 September 2014

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I probably lean towards being a bit of a pessimist but strangely I feel pretty good about the potential of this team. If we weren't having a genuine dig or I thought this team lacked the ability to compete then I'd probably be a little pissed.
My gut tells me we are close to clicking and when we do we'll definitely be a force to be reckoned with.

I think we are going ok. We have some good players however we have had some bad luck with injuries and the draw is shocking. Certainly we haven't clicked yet as a team.

However I would say we are performing below expectations considering the clean out and the decision to cut Tooves.

It is still relatively early days though.

Worked it out. Ryan is our perennial stirrer to keep excitement going on the forums. Try it. Make a comment and he'll take the opposite position and if you take the opposite position he'll reverse his opinion. On to you Ryan.

Worked it out. Ryan is our perennial stirrer to keep excitement going on the forums. Try it. Make a comment and he'll take the opposite position and if you take the opposite position he'll reverse his opinion. On to you Ryan.

Yeah, It took a couple of posts for me to twig. It was either that or he is the worst judge of a football team in history.

As much as I don't like watching games that we lost, I sat down today and watched Thursday's game after being at the ground.

A couple of poor decisions and mistakes in the final 15 cost us the match but that's how it goes sometimes.

There is not a doubt in my mind that the effort was there and we will only get better.

We used 5 kickers none of whom could kick long. This cruelled us in terms of field position. The best attacking kicks came from T-Red ffs. The Squeels knew we had no one to take the ball to the line and hit a runner and they easily absorbed everything we threw at them. They were missing no-one (I don't count Mannah or Choc) and we were missing our main playmaker.

We are not at the level of the Donkeys or Cows but we are definitely a top 8 side. Our forwards are not being dominated like they were in 2015.

Bummed that we've lost Jorge but we're due to get DCE and Ferris back soon and that will make a huge difference.

Last edited:
Yes we were always going to be better at the end then the start of the season. Must win this week but. They will be fired up playing at home after being flogged. If we go to Newcastle without the right attitude we could come home with our tales bent. Seriously if we can't beat the knight we ain't gunna play finals. No five day excuses. It's time Hex has a reason to have people change his nickname.

I'm allowed to have an opinion @Bearfax (shock horror I know). I completely agree with Ralphie / bones & others on this one. Just because it isn't your opinion, doesn't mean it's disagreeing with everyone, or incorrect.

As JenEagle stated in this thread, "we are performing below expectations".

I also disagree with @Woodsie on Addin Fonua Blake. We already have Vave / Myles who just cart the ball up. I then compare them to guys like Burgess, Hargrves, Scott & many, many others, and yeah, our boys aren't world beaters (in fact, our boys have spent a long time in NSW Cup teams that have been getting lapped).

They are now in 1st grade, and guess what - we are 3 from 7.

I'll be sure from this point on though, to just agree with whatever your saying, because one wouldn't want to ruffle the feathers of the all knowing, all conquering @Bearfax

@Ryan said

"I'll be sure from this point on though, to just agree with whatever your saying, because one wouldn't want to ruffle the feathers of the all knowing, all conquering @Bearfax"

I agree Ryan, much better plan than the opinions you have expressed recently.

@Ryan said

"I'll be sure from this point on though, to just agree with whatever your saying, because one wouldn't want to ruffle the feathers of the all knowing, all conquering @Bearfax"

I agree Ryan, much better plan than the opinions you have expressed recently.

@Woodsie - argue these cases then with merit.

1. DCE is out of form. HE has claimed he is down on form. I agree. I'd like you to tell us how both of us are wrong.

2. We have the 5th worst attack / defense in the NRL. How is that relating to us looking fantastic. People are concerned we may not beat Newcastle. NEWCASTLE.

3. Fanua Blake & Vave your claiming as world beaters. Compare them to Scott, Burgess, Napa, Hargreaves, Graham & many, many others (who also create 2nd phase play).

You have to open your mind mate. Just throwing an Eagles jersey on doesn't make you Bob Fulton, Terry Randall, Ben Kennedy & others instantly.

Ryan are you saying that there are only 2 types of prop; World beaters or plodders?

Very black and white and you could say pretty much every player is a plodder in our team and most teams. Jake would be the only world beater in our 17.

I'm allowed to have an opinion @Bearfax (shock horror I know). I completely agree with Ralphie / bones & others on this one. Just because it isn't your opinion, doesn't mean it's disagreeing with everyone, or incorrect.

As JenEagle stated in this thread, "we are performing below expectations".

I also disagree with @Woodsie on Addin Fonua Blake. We already have Vave / Myles who just cart the ball up. I then compare them to guys like Burgess, Hargrves, Scott & many, many others, and yeah, our boys aren't world beaters (in fact, our boys have spent a long time in NSW Cup teams that have been getting lapped).

They are now in 1st grade, and guess what - we are 3 from 7.

I'll be sure from this point on though, to just agree with whatever your saying, because one wouldn't want to ruffle the feathers of the all knowing, all conquering @Bearfax

I was merely pointing out your propensity for taking an adversarial position. I was actually giving you credit for stimulating the forum. Perhaps you dont recognise a complement even when it hits you in the face mate.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6