A birdie told me ....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The big flaw in this is that he is contracted to the Titans until the end of 2016. Does ANYONE here actually believe the Titans will release him to join us.

Apart from that minor flaw, no thanks from me.

As with most players it all comes down to how much.

Do we need him? No.

Do we want him at 500K? No

Do we want him at 300K? Yes

Was it Gary Winter - an ex con playing at Manly....
Andrew Walker....
Im gunna Bird Up & would be super excited about the direction we have changed in a short period if he is signed, the pack we crave would be there in 2016.

I think he will ask for a release to join Manly and Titans will grant it due to his previous misdemeanors. I think Titans will make a play at a few high profile players (potentially players from other codes) and go through a complete re-build now that this has happened. They have a few good young forwards coming through the ranks. Bird wont want to be at the Titans next year with their roster and being the only 'old head' left in the pack and is close to Myles and Chez which will only help. They will no doubt be in his ear. Wouldn't be surprised if it is announced soon. Manly apparently sounded him out months ago and he was waiting to see what Chez decided to do. Look for Manly to announce a few signings early next week once the dust settles on DCE re-signing.
Lussick, Bird, Myles added to the pack and a young half to partner with DCE and we are strong for next year, with us only loosing Foran and a few other excess props (Mason, Hasson, Andrews etc).

just throwing it out there but is birds game that far removed from forans? he has a history of playing 5/8 at state and i think international level very successfully. both strong guys take on the line and bring other players with them. both defend strongly and are both leaders. i wonder if they are really looking at bird as our next 5/8 instead of as an out and out backrower.

Don't forget the rumours that Cartwright will be in charge, no doubt Bird wants to re-join his old coach because he is the best coach in the world just like Brad Arthur.

Bird will be in with bozo n Barrett from recent NSW campaigns so it may not be that far fetched.

We need a strike backrower who can run good lines and hit holes. Our pack needs to get younger. I'd prefer us look at some of the young ones at the Panthers. They won't be able to keep all of them.

Can't see the Titans letting bird go, but if we can somehow sign him for next year would be a massive coup. Can't believe people on this forum wouldn't be happy having a NSW and Australian back rower in their side. Would be just what we need in the back row, would add aggression, and a mobile back rower will ball skills. The no d$$khead policy is a myth. Winning football games is all I care about. Not having a bunch of nice guys to cheer for and win the spoon.

We need a strike backrower who can run good lines and hit holes. Our pack needs to get younger. I'd prefer us look at some of the young ones at the Panthers. They won't be able to keep all of them.
I still think Vidot would work in this capacity.

We also need to do something with Jorge.

Can't see the Titans letting bird go, but if we can somehow sign him for next year would be a massive coup. Can't believe people on this forum wouldn't be happy having a NSW and Australian back rower in their side. Would be just what we need in the back row, would add aggression, and a mobile back rower will ball skills. The no d$$khead policy is a myth. Winning football games is all I care about. Not having a bunch of nice guys to cheer for and win the spoon.
Before the backflip Titans were considerin letting birdie go. Dont know now.

Id prefer we get gifty back next year. Let's approach Souths and ask if we can buy his final year of his contract and bring him back. He is about the same age as bird

Id prefer we get gifty back next year. Let's approach Souths and ask if we can buy his final year of his contract and bring him back. He is about the same age as bird

Yeah let's pay him $500k for the season just to get 10 games out of him, brilliant!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4