A call out to the club from Silvertails

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We are an incredibly loyal and resilient bunch here Silvertails and as the primary supporter forum for out great club deserve far greater input and feedback from those who manage our passion.

Through many periods of upheaval, turmoil, mismanagement and targeting for extinction we have stood unwavering in our support. Yeah, there have been moments of capitulation but on the whole have stood our ground and stayed loyal to MANLY.

We are not kept up to date on anything from current events, to future direction, even to who is currently contracted. We need to know these things to allay our fears and stay strong.

This is downright disrespectful to the clubs supporters and negligent to our monetary sponsors who both expect at least a professional approach.

On the whole, the club appears to be a bunch of absolute amateurs controlled by people that couldn't organise a piss-up in a brewery. The club's interaction with it's supporter base is nothing short of disregard.

Get it together Gorman and your underlings...if you lose us you will all be out of a job real fast. Do you care that you care contributing to the obliteration of one of the NRL's greatest clubs?

Well you dammed well should!
Manly doesn't exist because of money, it thrives and excels with heart, and always has... and the only way it can.

Signed; a past Manly junior who confidently thinks he speaks for all supporters, not just us here at Silvertails.

Last edited:
Under our current leadership, the culture is my way or the highway. I respect the Penn family's right to run the club as they see fit as it is their investment. What I do not respect is that the members and fans are not told the entire truth at times and we are in the dark about the future plans they have for the club.
What is happening with Brookvale oval?
Will we be moving if the ground is not developed?
Will there be further home games taken interstate and overseas?
Will the Penn family be constructive in dealing with the football club?
Will there be a focus on professionalism and end the chronic dysfunction that exists at our club?
Will the rules be transparent for coaches and players? If it is OK to sack a coach on the basis that it is a "Results driven business" used by Scott Penn to justify the removal of Geoff Toovey!

There are many passionate opinions on silvertails and we do this because we love the joint and we see the issues from a fans point of view.

It seems that the plethora of CEOs who have been doing this job with one hand tied behind their backs. There needs to be accountability, the fans are no mugs and this year especially has shown our shortcomings in a very public way. We need discipline from the owners all the way down to the coaching and playing staff. We need to get our act together over the salary cap management and retain our impressive young players.

The next few years are critical for the future of our club!!

I understand your motives but perhaps there are matters that are confidential and shouldn't be shared. The wartime phrase "loose lips sink ships" is valid in business and all walks of life.
If the club posts information on Silvertails then how long do you think it would be until it becomes common knowledge? Journalists gain the majority of their stories from forums and blogs.
I'd love to know the answers to the questions raised; I'm just not sure how the club can convey these to me if that information is sensitive.

Whilst I agree that we would all like better communication .... many of the things we want to know about .. like contract negoations, retention and recruitment are confidential until signed and delivered .... and as The Who says ... much of the rest just feeds the trolls ...

Got to confess I am probably not representative of the collective opinion of my fellow Silvertails ..... I have been a fan player, and supporter since mid 60's. that is likely 35 years before clubs had marketing dept's .... I am a fan by choice ... I don't feel the club owes me anything .. I don't expect anything .... I don't have a sense of entitlement ....

Sometimes we may forget there is a process to these things and that there is no need to convey every single step.

Have we all written to the nsw premier to ask about committing to brookie's funding? Why has that gone silent? Not politically expedient?

If you haven't contacted your local member (not yer peni5) then stfu, you're not a true supporter, and send me $5

The club most likely doesn’t feel the need to post anything revelent to supporters on an independent fan forum . They mostly likely feel they do enough for members on there site
Yes they could reach out to the broader fans to participate outside there own walls
But unfortunately they don’t feel the need I suspect ,

We are an incredibly loyal and resilient bunch here Silvertails
As evidenced by the constant wailing and daily attacks on Manly players, coaches managers and owners (and each other).

Manly doesn't exist because of money
Actually, it only exists because of money.

Signed; a past Manly junior who confidently thinks he speaks for all supporters, not just us here at Silvertails
lol
Typical 3.25 am post, no doubt destined for the Silvertails Soapbox forum.

Haha in that case your one excuse has evaporated!
Just my opinion of course.
For the sake of discussion, is there some specific question you have about current events, or future direction, or who is currently contracted? Someone here can probably answer some of your questions.

Haha in that case your one excuse has evaporated!
Just my opinion of course.
For the sake of discussion, is there some specific question you have about current events, or future direction, or who is currently contracted? Someone here can probably answer some of your questions.

The exact make up of our top 30 has been the main deficiency. Please don't reply, you've been annoying enough already.

As evidenced by the constant wailing and daily attacks on Manly players, coaches managers and owners (and each other).

Actually, it only exists because of money.

lol
Typical 3.25 am post, no doubt destined for the Silvertails Soapbox forum.

Not sure about the content but I was very impressed with the construction of the post given the time stamp.

Hey I’ll even offer my services to write articles on here for them. I can offer a level of wit and sarcasm that is envied by at least three people, and can offer three levels of delivery.

1) Consice and well written essays that deliver all the news in an easily palatable form for people with an above average IQ, ie, your average Silvertails’ poster.

2) In audio form so that the backs can listen to aforementioned news whilst fixing their hair.

3) Also an audio format, but full of cliches, grunts and uncouth terminology, more suited to the former front towers amongst us, as well as the journalists that peruse this forum looking for “scoops”.

I feel that this covers the full spectrum of people who wish to be “in the know” and “up to date” with any and all back room shenanigans that our club employs in an effort to hide the real truths!

*will accept cash payments for my work, but will also require one carton of beer per article so as to deliver a properly realistic portrayal of a Front Rower, and Buzz Rothfield.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4