A fresh look

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
'
Sorry C&C you must be kidding, not convinced by that performance, were you also withholding judgment on 40-nil? lol

That was a crunch game for Manly, we got flogged by Souths recently and ... well ... put it this way, I am convinced.

We are contenders and the problem now is grand final, not the top 8.
Explain the dragons game to me then, and to a lesser extent the storm effort. Mate if we were playing teams of the quality of souths each week then absolutely I'm convinced we are grand final bound. But unfortunately we are not. It's a cliche well used in RL, but I'm taking it one game at a time.

Broncos will be tougher, but we get them at a good time - no hunt and no Roberts. Let's see how we go up there and that'll be a better indicator than last night.

Lets not be getting too carried away here re Grand Finals, etc.

Top 8 is the minmum expectation, just like every year. Top 4 is a possibility.
Its a whole new ball game sfter that.
We have the potential to go deep, just need luck with injuries and have momentum at the right end of the season.

The best thing is the culture, passion and desire seem to be there at the moment.
Good signs.

After a win you have the same people post the same things.

After a loss the same people post the same things.

If the Team starts playing with consistency maybe we could get some better topics/discussion on here

Broncos will be tougher, but we get them at a good time - no hunt and no Roberts. Let's see how we go up there and that'll be a better indicator than last night
Let's hope the players think it is an away game ;)
I agree the team has a way to go but for some reason I thought Souths was a massive danger game for us. The fact we held off their strong start speaks a lot for how far we've come.
Having a settled line-up each week (apart from front rowers) must be huge in helping teamwork develop.

I'm more than happy to be proven wrong on several fronts!! I predicted 12-15th finish and looks like Im way off the mark. Love the way we are playing, still a touch inconsistent but on our day we can match it with everyone. The Canberra win gave me faith again, this huge win reinforces it.

Now excuse me while I dig into my 3rd serving of humble pie..

OK
So we had a lot of very unsettled supporters throwing all manner of criticism at the club, coaching staff & the players. All very forgivable, considering we are all passionate fans.
However, after round 10, we will be well inside the 8 and have beaten several of the premiership favorites and driven a couple of others to the wire.
Look, I really love the passion, but would some of the fans who post on here give consideration to their bullish comments that;
  • Barrett cannot coach (and is useless and doesn't understand the Manly culture)
  • Bozo (Bob Fulton) is a relic of the past, a trouble maker and out of his depth in the modern age. Get rid off him
  • Our squad is hopeless
  • Green is useless, cannot play, just a reject from Pommy league, journeyman....
  • DCE is not captain material, cannot lead or make a decisive input to the side (10 million dallar white elaphant) who will never repay
  • Walker is all hype, childish, sooky...not a true champion like beaver and tooves
  • Uate is finished (what the hell are the coaching staff thinking getting this washed up reject to a great club like Manly)
  • BJ should retire, he is &%$#ed and too old
  • Nate (Mr Plodd) is finished, a waste of money and a detriment to the club
  • Winterstein....useless, too old
  • Siro, useless. Why did we buy this reject.
  • Oh you liked the Turbo's...by God they are unbelievable. Never be as good as Snake and Gift (OMG that's a beauty)
  • Lewis Brown, OK you got me there but he has been "solid"
I could go on, but I understand we are all supporters wanting success. It doesn't make a season, and we made a few mistakes and silly errors. But by God, we do have a football side to cheer, support and go crazy about. Let's celebrate and enjoy the ups and downs of the season, because we are IN IT!!!!
  • Oh, and API looks OK to me! (but Hastings is a ****ing GUN in waiting)

Im not quite sure why you wrote this post. You claim you want everyone to just get on with it and support the club, however all this attention seeking post did was remind everyone about the legitimate issues that people saw early on when we played like rubbish. I don't think one person mentioned any of those negatives after the win last night, so why did you? I am very happy with the way the team is performing on away matches so far this season and Barrett is obviously starting to show glimpses of the talent that justified him getting the job in the first place. People had and have legitimate concerns about issues around this team but so long as they perform to their best and keep racking up wins nobody will be whinging. A fair dinkum dig and some resemblance of structure when we play is all any of us ever wanted, right know they are giving us that in spades! Once again it is a long season and whilst we are playing some good football we still have a long way to go. Maybe save these kind of posts for after the victory lap at ANZ in October. But I take your point on board.

The best thing about our ladder position is that we are yet to play 5 of the bottom 6 teams. There might be some more big wins in the offing.

So many highlights from last night ... Tapau's blockbusting form, the real athleticism of our forward pack (I have always loved Lawrence), Walker's incredible form, Jake and Tom, Uate's combination with Walker, young Kelly, Blake Green's great combination with DCE etc. It's also becoming clearer week by week that Trent Barrett is an early favourite for coach of the year - so much to be positive about!

But the really wonderful thing for me is the wonderful way DCE is leading this side and the respectful way he talks to refs to get his point across. Last night's discussion with the referee in the 2nd half asking why the team was suddenly being penalised for doing exactly what they did in the first half was a brilliant remark. Result ... a few penalties came our way not long after that. I reckon DEC has taken a leaf out of Cameron Smith's book, and let's admit it, he's the best in the business at talking to refs. Well done Chezza!

@midsteyne I posted this on another thread, but I believe it is relevant to consider in any discourse with Stone.

@Terry Zarsoff In Short, the book starts with a Brain damaged rear ball turret gunner injured during WW11. When taken from the aircraft and hospitalised all he can do is continuously masturbate and utter "Garp Garp"

He is then known as Technical Sargeant Garp.

Whilst the utterances of @Strone and Garp are different the similarity of their obsessional behaviour is remarkable.

Im not quite sure why you wrote this post. You claim you want everyone to just get on with it and support the club, however all this attention seeking post did was remind everyone about the legitimate issues that people saw early on when we played like rubbish. I don't think one person mentioned any of those negatives after the win last night, so why did you? I am very happy with the way the team is performing on away matches so far this season and Barrett is obviously starting to show glimpses of the talent that justified him getting the job in the first place. People had and have legitimate concerns about issues around this team but so long as they perform to their best and keep racking up wins nobody will be whinging. A fair dinkum dig and some resemblance of structure when we play is all any of us ever wanted, right know they are giving us that in spades! Once again it is a long season and whilst we are playing some good football we still have a long way to go. Maybe save these kind of posts for after the victory lap at ANZ in October. But I take your point on board.
Seriously, i don't think we ever played like rubbish, but the point was to give the team 8-10 rounds before whipping the **** out of the team and coaches etc. They are very competitive and we will win more than we lose. Agree with much of what you said, they are far from the finished product. But we won't run 12th to 16th as some alarmists predicted. The attack has been maligned, but gee there was some great stuff last night.

Explain the dragons game to me then, and to a lesser extent the storm effort. Mate if we were playing teams of the quality of souths each week then absolutely I'm convinced we are grand final bound. But unfortunately we are not. It's a cliche well used in RL, but I'm taking it one game at a time.

Broncos will be tougher, but we get them at a good time - no hunt and no Roberts. Let's see how we go up there and that'll be a better indicator than last night.
Combine the efforts against Souths and the Raiders and I think it's fair to say the form is "good" The past 12 months we have struggled to score points with our attack, so I say bravo to the display last night...very positive moving forward

Combine the efforts against Souths and the Raiders and I think it's fair to say the form is "good" The past 12 months we have struggled to score points with our attack, so I say bravo to the display last night...very positive moving forward
Don't get me wrong, rather be winning than losing, just not as bullish about putting 40+ on a very poor opponent. The effort against the Raiders was good though. I'm just want to see this run continue next week against the Ponies.

Don't get me wrong, rather be winning than losing, just not as bullish about putting 40+ on a very poor opponent. The effort against the Raiders was good though. I'm just want to see this run continue next week against the Ponies.

I still think it counts as an indication though. Last year we came up against a pretty ordinary Souths side and we put 20 on them in the first half with some reasonable tries before winning the game 20-12.

This year we came up against a poor Souths side and put 30 on them in the first half with some spectacular attacking football and finished the match 46-8 victors with a four try haul for our winger and plenty of team spirit and enthusiasm.

It's a great win even though Souths were poor. We put them to the sword instead of just winning the match.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7