Aaron Schoupp

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

manly al

First Grader
Bit hard to see the reasoning , if it partly based on some expectation that Turbo 's future availability is going to be on the problematic side and Koula more likely required as the full back on a regular basis , certainly on the disconcerting side .
Every prospect Talau now to be considered as a more then capable centre if required , maybe some consideration also for Garrick to revert to wing but would still expect in the short term at least , a centre option .
Edge , 9 , 13 and maybe prop would seem more of a priority to maybe bolster a bit right now but could hopefully be some in the current squad who can still measure up or progress .
Parker for a i st grade edge seems a way off , if it is going to eventuate at all going forward

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Bit hard to see the reasoning
We only had 7 outside backs in our top 30 ... you need 5 in every game, and one is already out injured and sadly will remain a fitness question mark (Turbo).
Paulo and Ray haven't exactly demanded 1st grade selection, so we simply need more depth.
As for Shoppy, he's 22yo and has 50 NRL games under his belt, and probably didn't cost much. Sounds quite reasonable to me.

Frogz

Bencher
Premium Member
Maybe Hot n Sour Schoupp....depends on how he goes each week. Personally one of my favourite Asian schoupps

Rocky

Bencher
The only thing that comes to mind for me in us signing Schoupp is ... why??

I think our recruitment staff are missing the point. We don't need more three quarters. We need those who share a professional name with certain workers at places like Kings Cross. You know the ones ... cheap high heels, fishnets, mini skirt, tank top, cheap handbag, charge by the hour.....

Can not win a premiership without a real one. And IMO the only real one we currently have isn't first grade standard (sorry Gordon fans, but he's not).
Mitch Kenny and Sam Verrils say hi.

But yeah given our current roster we would need to ugrade the 9 position.

Chunkytuna

Reserve Grader
Tipping Member
I think it’s just the two of us that think Ray-Ray has some worth.
Each time he gets a crack in 1st grade he seems to gain a bit more confidence.
The best thing I liked about RR on Friday night wasn’t the try he scored, or the gun shot celebration. It was after that when he turned and just screamed into air with his eyes shut.
That to me was pure passion. Thats the sort of energy that a team needs.
I love seeing players that you can tell it’s much more than a try scored.
It’s personal to them. That sort of emotion can become infectious to the rest of the team.
I agree and I like his passion as well, but he’s just too slow and seems well off the pace in first grade.

The only thing that comes to mind for me in us signing Schoupp is ... why??

I think our recruitment staff are missing the point. We don't need more three quarters. We need those who share a professional name with certain workers at places like Kings Cross. You know the ones ... cheap high heels, fishnets, mini skirt, tank top, cheap handbag, charge by the hour.....

Can not win a premiership without a real one. And IMO the only real one we currently have isn't first grade standard (sorry Gordon fans, but he's not).
…. You were getting me all excited with your second paragraph… only to disappoint!

Just sayin’

manly al

First Grader
We only had 7 outside backs in our top 30 ... you need 5 in every game, and one is already out injured and sadly will remain a fitness question mark (Turbo).
Paulo and Ray haven't exactly demanded 1st grade selection, so we simply need more depth.
As for Shoppy, he's 22yo and has 50 NRL games under his belt, and probably didn't cost much. Sounds quite reasonable to me.
Also have young Hoppa [ who looks real promising especially as a full back ] and Faulalo in the top squad [ or maybe in Faulalo 's case soon ]
If Schoupp is rated ahead of this pair right now , must be of a reasonable standard or fair rating .
Hardly know anything about him , surprised that he has already accumulated 50 N R L games so again must have something going for him ability wise and a previous state junior rep should represent something positive

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
Not sure we're winning premierships with Aldi center isle bargain buys.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
If anything I'm picturing an Oates style winger. Bigger body to start the set. Barge over to score.
I never pictured anything from Kaeo Weekes at Manly as he was a big disappointment under Seibold
But What a difference a different coach can make
Kaeo has been a Revelation under Ricky

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
I never pictured anything from Kaeo Weekes at Manly as he was a big disappointment under Seibold
The killer for Weekes from having him debut at 5/8 against the red hot Penrith at Penrith.
They exposed him and basically smashed his mindset so obviously, you could both see it and feel it.
His first couple of games at Manly were off the bench were decent, with some moments of flair including a try and assist.
At Canberra he played good against Manly and had his best game yet vs Dogs, where you could see his confidence growing and will only improve and personally I hope he does well.....I also really like his young team mate Strange as a player, that kid has tougness, speed and is just old school footy ability and brains about him.

Nike

Reserve Grader
If they do play him, a full tox test needs to be undertaken. He is coming from the Coke Coast after all.
Don't go to literally any pub toilet on any day of the week then, ever. I think only the Eastern Suburbs would have us beat for consumption lmao.

double hoops

First Grader
I've always said Kaeo is a kid we need/ed to keep.

I see the problem sitting with those who are impatient only see the short sighted approach, those who demand instant success, but aren't willing to work hard and build it.

Our club sack coaches praying for success.

Seibolds know his jobs at stake, in a 2 or 3 year window he needs real success. He's just playing the percentage play, an experienced Brooks will have less ups and downs in that time frame than rookie half Weekes.

Raiders as a club are playing the long game, they've backed a coach who long term has won nothing, and continue to back him longer still.

As a result that coach has the ability to invest in youth. Play the long game. Raiders and a very young team.

Are Manly willing to be patient? I sure know this squad could use some of that energy and speed of youth.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
12 8 4 100 18
12 7 5 64 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 7 5 -37 16
12 6 5 36 15
13 7 6 133 14
12 6 6 77 14
13 7 6 4 14