Absolutely Unacceptable

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The number for security at brookie is
0424155032 just sms them as you both wont be able to hear each other on phone anyway.. tell them where you sitting or standing & what the issue is they will come around..

Brookiegreg, I am always the model of decorum, as you well know. For a taste of real abuse you should attend Leichhardt, decked out in Manly gear, when we play the Tigers. You'll come away from there with your back covered in spit.

DSM5 said:
Brookiegreg, I am always the model of decorum, as you well know. For a taste of real abuse you should attend Leichhardt, decked out in Manly gear, when we play the Tigers. You'll come away from there with your back covered in spit.

Sorry DSM how could I be thinking otherwise??? :heart:

Yes I am salivating just thinking about going to leichhardt oval.....I always thought going to Newcastle would take pole position in the abuse stakes?

Feel free to go to the family hill or jane try stand. If you are on the hill, you know what to expect so dont get your little ears all offended when you hear it.

CussCuss said:
Feel free to go to the family hill or jane try stand. If you are on the hill, you know what to expect so dont get your little ears all offended when you hear it.

This opinion is in my opinion wrong. The hill in my view should be split and allow the family hill room where the view is better of the game.

Near the beer shed expect this sort of stuff but to say you should expect it all over the hill is wrong.

I am not easily offended,bu when their supportrs are yelling obscenities all night at the top of their lungs with kids all around and yelling out Stewarts a rapist and a kiddy fiddler,in my books is just not on,these idiots need to pull their head in FFS some ppl have no idea.

Daniel said:
CussCuss said:

This opinion is in my opinion wrong. The hill in my view should be split and allow the family hill room where the view is better of the game.

Near the beer shed expect this sort of stuff but to say you should expect it all over the hill is wrong.

The fact is league has a high % of fans that have a lower than average IQ. When you are dealing with this level of human you should expect it. I dont agree with it in anyway but this behaviour should be expected at a league game. I know I expect it. Its funny going to a Rugby game, the crowds are so different and you dont expect that sort of stuff there.

I don't know about a lower IQ than average Garts, but league's a working class game and you don't have to have a coat with elbow patches, or wear boat shoes, minus socks, to watch it. Rugby is a private school thing. And we all know that private school people don't misbehave.

I think a portion of league fans do DSM5. Present company excluded of course!!!! Private school boys definately miss behave however I am commenting on the crowd behaviour at games. I never hear what I hear at League games when attending the Rugby. Although in saying that I do attend many more League games per year. I get the working class comment, it would have a influence as generally all my blue collar worker mates are a little cruder, guess thats due to the work environment they are used to, all blokes and that. However they still dont carry on like some of the brain dead idiots at league games.

It's my guess you'd not hear such vulgarity and other stuff that's distressing if you reserved seats in the stands. On the other hand, on the hill, that's where one expects more fruitier language. The beer flows, the crowd rocks and the noise is pumped up. All in all, a terrific place to watch footie and yell abuse to one's hearts content (although within some limits). My daughter's have, at times, accused me of behaving like some brain dead idiot on the hill. All good.

Garts said:
I think a portion of league fans do DSM5. Present company excluded of course!!!! Private school boys definately miss behave however I am commenting on the crowd behaviour at games. I never hear what I hear at League games when attending the Rugby. Although in saying that I do attend many more League games per year. I get the working class comment, it would have a influence as generally all my blue collar worker mates are a little cruder, guess thats due to the work environment they are used to, all blokes and that. However they still dont carry on like some of the brain dead idiots at league games.

that's because a crowd of 20 is less likely to make noise as a crowd of 10,000+

Fluffy said:
I was abused by one of our own.

She gave me a wet willy, damn thing at 3 years old gets you everytime she is on her dads shoulders shame she is such a little cutie. Didnt want a bar of the parra scarf.

oh on the subject, buy a season ticket in the jane try stand.

Yeah she got me too. It doesn't help when her little fingers fit right into your ear.

Love you Brooke :)

People, you're not looking at it the right way.

There are two battles in a Rugby League game. One is on the field, one is in the crowd. Both will affect one another.

The crowd should be hostile. The "brain dead idiots" only appear so becase they (we) are small in number. There should be 10,000 people shouting abuse & profanities throughout the game. If everyone gets angry the whole vibe changes. It should be a powderkeg. The refs should be too scared to let the away team stray offside. They should should be too scared to let a suspect forward pass go (from the away team).
The opposition fans are our enemies. We should make the experience as uncomfortable as possible for them. If their team is winning, they should be harrassed into leaving the ground before full time. We can't go out there & win the game but we can deny the pricks the joy of seeing their team win.
We support our team for the joy of seeing them win. If we lose, we can get some of that joy back by ruining the opposition supporters night. The team might lose but if the supporters can't enjoy it, it's not so bad.

Some of you have said you wont go to Doggies games because of their crowd. Well, they've beaten you. We're all footy fans here. Going to the footy is something we enjoy. The Dogs fans have taken a game of enjoyment away from you. Our job is to take that away from other sh1theads who support other teams.

It's not about offending women & children. I want them involved. We need to win the crowd battle & maybe help intimidate the refs & opposition wingers. Even if the players find it more amusing than intimidating, they're still distracted. The people down the front should be hanging over the fence, fists in the air, shouting all game.

Duff said:
People, you're not looking at it the right way.

There are two battles in a Rugby League game. One is on the field, one is in the crowd. Both will affect one another.

The crowd should be hostile. The "brain dead idiots" only appear so becase they (we) are small in number. There should be 10,000 people shouting abuse & profanities throughout the game. If everyone gets angry the whole vibe changes. It should be a powderkeg. The refs should be too scared to let the away team stray offside. They should should be too scared to let a suspect forward pass go (from the away team).
The opposition fans are our enemies. We should make the experience as uncomfortable as possible for them. If their team is winning, they should be harrassed into leaving the ground before full time. We can't go out there & win the game but we can deny the pricks the joy of seeing their team win.
We support our team for the joy of seeing them win. If we lose, we can get some of that joy back by ruining the opposition supporters night. The team might lose but if the supporters can't enjoy it, it's not so bad.

Some of you have said you wont go to Doggies games because of their crowd. Well, they've beaten you. We're all footy fans here. Going to the footy is something we enjoy. The Dogs fans have taken a game of enjoyment away from you. Our job is to take that away from other sh1theads who support other teams.

It's not about offending women & children. I want them involved. We need to win the crowd battle & maybe help intimidate the refs & opposition wingers. Even if the players find it more amusing than intimidating, they're still distracted. The people down the front should be hanging over the fence, fists in the air, shouting all game.
It might get a bit out of hand after a while if every team started doing that , something like football factory where you have a blew with the other teams supporters on the way to the ground then wait for them at train stations after the game with chains clubs knifes & the like , lol ..

jjai said:
something like football factory where you have a blew with the other teams supporters on the way to the ground then wait for them at train stations after the game

You must be hanging with the right crowds, I've never left a football game and been able to say another teams supporter blew me !!! :D :D :D

I'm in two minds here, you've got to accept that if you go to a game there's a chance you will hear this stuff. If you stand on the hill near the beer shed you will definitely hear this stuff, so you can do your best (without guarantee) to avoid it. When I go with the old man I go to the hill because I enjoy the atmosphere. I plan to start taking my young bloke soon so I probably won't go to the hill.

That being said I also think you need to be mindful of those around you. At the Cowboys game we moved from the hill to under the stand because of the weather. There was a bloke and two young boys next to us the whole game. When they called Oldfield back when he was streaking away I was about to unload on the ref with both barrels but managed to check myself because of who was in earshot. I still gave him a mouthful, but without the profanities.

Brookie4eva said:
jjai said:
something like football factory where you have a blew with the other teams supporters on the way to the ground then wait for them at train stations after the game

You must be hanging with the right crowds, I've never left a football game and been able to say another teams supporter blew me !!! :D :D :D

I shouldn`t even reply to this:sleepy: but i will :p would have been better if i just wrote fight , i see that now..:D

I see AFL crowds all twisted and angry the whole game. I've never seen a crowd get that emotionally wound up and abusive... and that's just from watching them on tv.
When I have my 8 year old son or 11 year old daughter with me I will avoid the hill. There'll be exposed to enough profanity as they get older, no need to give them a overdose injection now ;^)
But I must admit I liked Duff's small essay on what it means to be a supporter on the hill. All I can say is, if you are willing to go that far, and heap abuse upon abuse on the opposition and their supporters, you had better be willing or wanting to rumble. I think most will take abuse and being made to feel uncomfortable as a reason to fight. (I may be wrong)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6