• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Shoe1

Journey Man
I wonder if they’ve done any stats on people that took the flu jab in april have tested positive to coffee 19.
not sure, but I read that the flu stats are down massively this year. So with fewer people coughing in public it would have an effect on limiting spread of covid19 from people who are non-symptomatic carriers

The Indian

Bencher
I hope he gets the jab and plays and I have gotten the needle myself as have my family BUT that was my choice and by same token it's his right to chose what goes into his body.

In this world at the moment there is so much aggro at people who think or act in a way that is slightly outside the lines of what the moralizing majority think. In a few days/weeks time we will see people with masks chastising people who do not, or vice versa.

Back to footy, hope he plays but if he doesn't OK it's his choice and hope he come back rested and angry for the week after.

frank stokes

I discriminate indiscriminately
I hope he gets the jab and plays and I have gotten the needle myself as have my family BUT that was my choice and by same token it's his right to chose what goes into his body.

In this world at the moment there is so much aggro at people who think or act in a way that is slightly outside the lines of what the moralizing majority think. In a few days/weeks time we will see people with masks chastising people who do not, or vice versa.

Back to footy, hope he plays but if he doesn't OK it's his choice and hope he come back rested and angry for the week after.
What I find hilarious is that for all the years that we have had flu injections it is still only about 55-60% EFFECTIVE (as pointed out by an epidemiologist on TODAY show this morning) yet the Qld govt are carrying on like people are put at risk (by a totally different virus mind you) if players dont have it... and the sheeple just buy it hook, line and sinker...

The Indian

Bencher
What I find hilarious is that for all the years that we have had flu injections it is still only about 55-60% EFFECTIVE (as pointed out by an epidemiologist on TODAY show this morning) yet the Qld govt are carrying on like people are put at risk (by a totally different virus mind you) if players dont have it... and the sheeple just buy it hook, line and sinker...

Agreed. Political grandstanding and opportunism of epic proportions by Qld. Sadly they make the rules at the moment.

Andyvb88

Reserve Grader
I never use to get the flu shot till the wife asked me too. I have had it 4 years in a row and 2 out of the 4 years I have had the worst flu and chest infection I have ever had. I think vaccinations should be mandatory and flu shot a choice. But I respect everyone’s decision

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I thought the idea behind flu jabs was about hospital beds. Because of flu season and the covid possibly hitting at the same time it was possible to have beds shortages so the idea was to reduce the flu cases
currently in many states that does not seem to be the case.

EOL now nesting on the GC

Official NRL commentator of the UK Royal Family
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Whats wrong with Silvertails today? Is it April fools day?
So many of you are ' its a person's choice ' and 'we should respect that '...

This is not the Silvertails way. Your job is to ridicule and belittle. To roast and be angry. To swear and curse. All this pro its your choice rubbish has to stop.

This isn't Woodstock people.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Whats wrong with Silvertails today? Is it April fools day?
So many of you are ' its a person's choice ' and 'we should respect that '...

This is not the Silvertails way. Your job is to ridicule and belittle. To roast and be angry. To swear and curse. All this pro its your choice rubbish has to stop.

This isn't Woodstock people.
**** him, take it for the team you wanker!!

PS: is that better???

Shoe1

Journey Man
The NRL put it in its Covid19 plan that they developed to get permission to get the comp going again. I'm not sure the Government insisted on it, but because they approved the plan, the NRl has to stick to it.

Shoe1

Journey Man
I never use to get the flu shot till the wife asked me too. I have had it 4 years in a row and 2 out of the 4 years I have had the worst flu and chest infection I have ever had. I think vaccinations should be mandatory and flu shot a choice. But I respect everyone’s decision
imagine how bad it would have been if you didn't have the jab!

frank stokes

I discriminate indiscriminately
The NRL put it in its Covid19 plan that they developed to get permission to get the comp going again. I'm not sure the Government insisted on it, but because they approved the plan, the NRl has to stick to it.
Fair point but the govt could also alter the approved plan (in consultation with NRL of course) but have chosen to play hard ball for the sake of political grandstanding... it's all a bit of a farce because NOBODY in Qld is any safer because 272 NRL players have had a flu jab...

Dion Johnson

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I am not sure if the flu jab is a personal choice, the intent of the mandatory jab was to minimise the amount of people with symptoms while Covid is about.

If you look at this from a pragmatic perspective, the players getting temperature checks all the time, the jab can decrease the number of people getting the flu.

Lessons I have learned from Covid that wearing a mask reduces other people’s risk of you transmitting a virus to them, that’s the analogy I compare the jab too, it’s not only about you it’s about others also.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
11 8 3 75 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
11 6 5 -9 14
10 6 4 -10 14
12 6 5 36 13
11 6 5 107 12