Alexander Downer...really? Rudd is just on fire

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We really need more exciting politicians, Alexander is such a Downer......

ooohh yeaaah

In World War 11 when we had troops committed to Europe, what did the PM do against the current British PM of the day - said stuff you and brought his troops home to protect his own country.

Bush keeps the American farmers happy by tarrifs and ever other protection on his agricultural products, against every world body, and yet expects us to kow-tow and bow whenever he needs us.

Bush needs us to validate his position in Iraq, after all we are the only other country left!!

Do you really think the Red Hordes are going to stream across the Coral Sea and invade the Simpson Desert and Gulf of Carpentaria. Iraq shows the futility of the invasion theory. It aint going to happen and we need to have better reasons for a relationship with the USA than that. I am all for friendship but it has to go both ways and not be on their terms, which is where we are now. Keating/Hawke managed to send support in terms of naval assistance in the First Gulf War but didn't go as far as sending troops. This is about Bush and his dad, has nothing to do with Australia and that is the way it should be!!

That's right: if we are supposed to stay close to the someone because of what they did for us once ago... well, for starters, the US wouldn't be trash talking the French all the time. Monkey see, monkey do.

I consider the AU-US relationship to be an abusive one, although I consider the world-US relationship the same way, so...

Interesting article by Naomi Klein in yesterday's Good Weekend. Who is really in control of this "war"?

The Battle of the Coral Sea 4 - 8 May 1942

May 4-8, 1942 - The Battle of the Coral Sea was a major air and naval engagement during World War II, fought between the Americans, Australians and Japanese on May 7-8, 1942.

It marked a major turning point in the Pacific war because it effectively stopped the Japanese advance to the south towards Australia.

The action was precipitated by Japanese attempts to send an invasion force by sea to capture Port Moresby, the major Allied airbase in the region. This would have prevented the Allies using land based air power against Japanese forces in the island regions and allowed Japan to extend its air power over North Queensland.

The Battle of the Coral Sea 4 - 8 May 1942

May 4-8, 1942 - The Battle of the Coral Sea was a major air and naval engagement during World War II, fought between the Americans, Australians and Japanese on May 7-8, 1942.

It marked a major turning point in the Pacific war because it effectively stopped the Japanese advance to the south towards Australia.

The action was precipitated by Japanese attempts to send an invasion force by sea to capture Port Moresby, the major Allied airbase in the region. This would have prevented the Allies using land based air power against Japanese forces in the island regions and allowed Japan to extend its air power over North Queensland.

As i said, would the yanks have shown any interest if not for Pearl Harbour?

Irony now is that Japan and the US are major trading partners.

There is a fair element of support to the theory that the US knew of the impending attack on Pearl Harbour (though not the severity of it) and allowed it to happen to sway public opinion which was against them joining in a war that wasn't theres.

Vietnam and Iraq would indicate that this policy is no longer applied.

There is a fair element of support to the theory that the US knew of the impending attack on Pearl Harbour (though not the severity of it) and allowed it to happen to sway public opinion
I would be interested in any evidence you can provide from any source to support such a theory as I have never heard of it. 8|

I did find this
http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/pearl/www.geocities.com/Pentagon/6315/pearl.html
and
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pearl_Harbor_advance-knowledge_debate

BIIK!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8