All is revealed

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Being a 50's child I was blessed to be a 60's Teenager, that and the early 70's was just fabulous for music.

My first concert, the Rolling Stones live at Randwick Racecourse 1969, what an experience.

My brother fought in Vietnam, went to Hong Kong for R & R ( rest and rooting) and bought me the Woodstock live record , the original unedited version full of F & C words which in 1970 in Australia were highly illegal.

I loved many of the bands / artists from that record but none more than Hendrix, man that sucker could play!!

Not sure how this all relates to the original thread but thought I'd post it anyway.

Another cracker. I can hear how bands like the Brian Jonestown Massacre and to a lesser extent the Dandy Warhols have been influenced by these type of bands.
I've always liked the fact that this music has never been mainstream. I suppose it started with the 13th Floor Elevators. Some people say it started with the Grateful Dead but that's BS. Bands like the Beatles and Pink Floyd were on the periphery. The cutting edge was much more exclusive.

Being a 50's child I was blessed to be a 60's Teenager, that and the early 70's was just fabulous for music.

My first concert, the Rolling Stones live at Randwick Racecourse 1969, what an experience.

My brother fought in Vietnam, went to Hong Kong for R & R ( rest and rooting) and bought me the Woodstock live record , the original unedited version full of F & C words which in 1970 in Australia were highly illegal.

I loved many of the bands / artists from that record but none more than Hendrix, man that sucker could play!!

Not sure how this all relates to the original thread but thought I'd post it anyway.
That was my first concert in Australia Mark. I never saw Hendrix but my mate Jacko did. Jacko was a studio drummer for EMI in London. He and some mates were sitting in the bar at Limehouse. Hendrix came onstage and someone said "Who's the Spade with Noel". He started playing and everybody raced down the front. They sacked him three days later because everybody was watching him and they were'nt selling any beer.

Last edited:

Here's one from '69, Mick Taylor guitar

Come back here 2 hours later to this thread and @Moondog is still showing his music collection hahaha

Keep up the great work mate

Come back here 2 hours later to this thread and @Moondog is still showing his music collection hahaha

Keep up the great work mate
Thanks mjb136. I'm glad you like it, I don't want to give anybody the ****s though as I realise it's a footy forum. I'll post a couple more. These guys used to be known as the Oxford Circle...

Thanks mjb136. I'm glad you like it, I don't want to give anybody the ****s though as I realise it's a footy forum. I'll post a couple more. These guys used to be known as the Oxford Circle...
This is all really cool Moondog. Some great bands you've put up. I thoroughly enjoyed listening to them. Good therapy for getting out of the Sea Eagles doldrums.

Sounds like you've seen some great live music Mark. My first ever live concert was an all ages day gig at Brookvale Oval. The Hoodoo Gurus played and James Reyne arrived in a helicopter. All those kids stomping around really trashed old Brookie back then.

A favourite old style album I really enjoy is the 1989 reunion version of Tommy by The Who. They got together 20 years after the original release. It rocks.

rf4377050.jpg

FMD can someone give me the abridged version.

Enormous effort for a post, can someone summarise for me.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • lsz
    First Grader

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8