All silent on the choc front

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Roosters might have SBW and Mini leaving but would have signed Fergo on big coin. Napa is a smokey for Australia and is on min wage will get huge money elsewhere, Tupou, Sheck, Guerra, Kane Evans, Friend looking at huge upgrades

Harry said:
c eagle said:
Harry said:
Foran could still get the chance to play alongside his good ...
www.theaustralian.com.au/.../foran...play...roosters/story-fnca0von-122706...

Hey Harry, link wouldn't work , could you paste here, or give us the bones what was said....
Hope this comes through. If not I have pasted it. Cheers
Reports Sydney Roosters Chase Kieran Foran | Triple M NRL
www.triplem.com.au/sydney/sport/.../sydney-roosters-chase-kieran-foran...

Reports Manly superstar Kieran Foran is set to link with good friend Mitchell Pearce at the Sydney Roosters.

Foran has held off contract talks until after the Grand Final and is looking more and more likely he will be the next Sea Eagle to disband from the core.

"I'm hearing actually the Roosters may be the club for Kieran Foran," Brent Read revealed on Sydney's Triple M's Rush Hour.

"James Maloney comes off contract next year, the same time as Kieran does [and] he's great mates with Mitchell Pearce."

Foran was approached by the Bondi-club four years ago but stuck with the Sea Eagles to forge one of the strongest halves combinations with Daly Cherry-Evans.

Easts bought rising star Jackson Hastings to be the long-term solution and it is believed the Roosters want the youngster to be groomed under Foran.

Sonny-Bill Williams is also leaving the club which will free up a large chunk of the salary cap.

The funny thing about the article is that Foran is a mentor for Hastings. So when exactly will he take over? When Foran retires so Hastings is playing reserve grade for the next 6 years or do the Chooks only want Foran for 2 years and then they'll flick him. Im sure the Roosters would be very interested but that part of the story makes it sound like some drivel of a chooks fan forum.

So $BW leaves and now they're in the market for every player off contract. What a load of sht.

mickqld said:
So $BW leaves and now they're in the market for every player off contract. What a load of sht.

I know Trent Robinson wants to focus on Youth for his top grade. Maybe Manly should follow suit, instead of wasting money of average players, unless you need to pay the $$$$ for a key positional player

Sydney Roosters coach Trent Robinson backs next generation to step up should stars leave club
Updated 19 Sep 2014, 9:51amFri 19 Sep 2014, 9:51am

Roosters coach Trent Robinson
PHOTO: Trent Robinson the next generation at the Roosters is ready to step up. (AAP: Paul Miller)

Sydney Roosters coach Trent Robinson is resigned to losing members of his premiership-winning side and has already started planning for the next generation coming through at the club.

admits any long-term success will depend on the development of the club's junior programs.

"We started this when I was here back in 2010," said Robinson, who was an assistant to former coach Brian Smith during his first stint with the Roosters before heading to Super League club Catalans.

"It began with Brian building the team up and me then getting the chance to take over when I did.

We won't be able to keep them all, so you have to make sure your junior pathways are developed to produce the next group of stars.
Sydney Roosters coach Trent Robinson
"I knew it was really good roster to perform with ... we've got enough young guys here with the salary cap that we are in a good position.

"We won't be able to keep them all, so you have to make sure your junior pathways are developed to produce the next group of stars.

"That's where you get continuity."

With the likes of Sonny Bill Williams, Mitchell Pearce, Michael Jennings, Jake Friend and James Maloney, the Roosters have a star-studded squad.

However, Robinson said the club's success is down to hard work and not just having superstar players.

"We have definitely invested a lot in this group over the last five, six, seven years," he said.

"We have to make sure that the juniors coming through are going to replace those guys."

AAP

Harry said:
mickqld said:

I know Trent Robinson wants to focus on Youth for his top grade. Maybe Manly should follow suit, instead of wasting money of average players, unless you need to pay the $$$$ for a key positional player

Sydney Roosters coach Trent Robinson backs next generation to step up should stars leave club

PHOTO: Trent Robinson the next generation at the Roosters is ready to step up. (AAP: Paul Miller)

Sydney Roosters coach Trent Robinson is resigned to losing members of his premiership-winning side and has already started planning for the next generation coming through at the club.

admits any long-term success will depend on the development of the club's junior programs.

"We started this when I was here back in 2010," said Robinson, who was an assistant to former coach Brian Smith during his first stint with the Roosters before heading to Super League club Catalans.

"It began with Brian building the team up and me then getting the chance to take over when I did.

We won't be able to keep them all, so you have to make sure your junior pathways are developed to produce the next group of stars.
"I knew it was really good roster to perform with ... we've got enough young guys here with the salary cap that we are in a good position.

"We won't be able to keep them all, so you have to make sure your junior pathways are developed to produce the next group of stars.

With the likes of Sonny Bill Williams, Mitchell Pearce, Michael Jennings, Jake Friend and James Maloney, the Roosters have a star-studded squad.

However, Robinson said the club's success is down to hard work and not just having superstar players.

"We have definitely invested a lot in this group over the last five, six, seven years," he said.

"We have to make sure that the juniors coming through are going to replace those guys."

AAP

Yeah we all know the rorters youth policy. Buy anyone they can and to hell with the salary cap.

mickqld said:
Harry said:
mickqld said:

AAP

Yeah we all know the rorters youth policy. Buy anyone they can and to hell with the salary cap.

Yeah but we don't even look after our own kids. We have some good big forwards in the 20s but we buy others, waste money and its different if they are superstars we are buying but they're not

if Jackson Hastings is going to be groomed under Foran, he can expect another 6 or more years in reserve grade...

Not another choc thread...... Really, lol.
I hope the big fella hangs around, a few of our forwards are plodders... If we lost chocs go forward, we would need to get some serious go forward in the off season.... I'm one who is hoping he stays without any rubbish.

I heard he is defecting to the Russians

I found it interesting he wasn't mentioned in the injury update. He was injured after the origin and played injured the rest of the year didn't he ?

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2