All those wanting Orford Shipped Off.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It's lucky for us that Matty isn't a big fella. The courier won't cost so much. Can we ship him out tomorrow?

Matt has made some admirable achievements with us since coming here. Now his value to the team is expiring and it's clear for all to see. He isn't going to get any better from here. I'll be very concerned if the coaching staff aren't looking to introduce a new leading half from next year.

I want to see some big things from Foran next year. So far his progress has been prodigious.

By all reports Hasler coaches the team to play what is front of them rather than play to a pattern. At times this is great but when frustrated or struggling this means we have problems.

Orford's composure and decision making is at question when under the pump. He is not a Joey type half but it would seem as he gets frustrated too easily, especially by teams that know his game (like Melbourne.) I am sure that is why others were doing the kicking. Foran's kicks were just as bad on Friday, though obviously he will have some time to prove himself as he hasn't failed at this aspect week after week.

Dan link said:
[quote author=Chip & Chase link=topic=181735.msg241831#msg241831 date=1252892404]
What don't you like about Foran's chances of making a fist of halfback Dan ?

he hasn't shown any massive individual creativity in attack, i dont know that he could steer the ship so to speak
[/quote]

He doesn't have to be lumped with whole box and dice first season. If we have Lyon at 5/8 he can do the directing and Foran can feel his way into the position. You don't need an electrifying halfback if you have a decent 5/8 calling the shots. Think Hornby/Soward, Robson/Mortimer, Wallace/Lockyer, Whoever/Marshall, Whoever/Campese, etc etc. Anyway who is to say he doesn't have any attacking spark, he has probably been kept on a pretty tight rein under orders to defer to the little general. He didn't seem to have any problems finding the tryline this year and he isn't afraid to take on the line. I like the fact that his defence seems up to NRL standard, which is a big plus. Acknowledge that the big unknown is the quality of his kicking game, but presuming that he can drop kick a football more than 30m and can thread a grubber past the oppositions legs than we are ahead. Nothing to lose by giving him a crack, but I can't see Des resting Orford to try Foran.

If we sign Orford for next year he will play every game, that's a given, so I don't know how anyone else is supposed to be given a shot in that spot, short of injury to Orford. It's not like we can try Hodgkison, Cherry Ripe or Foran over a 3 week period each and then decide who is best......the season will be gone before we know it. Trial games are a waste of time. Just got to bite the bullet and make a decision and go with it and hope it works out. I think Foran is the best option, we know he can cut it at NRL level, a level which the other two are untried at.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7