All we are saying, is Pearce off !

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Pearce is quite a good player but reminds me of a Des Hasler-style half. Fit and speedy, good defender, but not really known for his vision or organisation.

Pearce is young, good one on one tackler, ball runner but can he direct the team on the field? DCE needs someone who can do that to play his best football. Pearce at the right money could be a better option then Green moving forward..
I agree. He is a dam fine club footballer and would be a great foil for DCE. Only 27 so DCE and pierce could be long term halves combos. I would be excited about that combo. Would work a lot better than the moylan dce combo fans were getting excited about imo.

images

images

Id take Pearce as a replacement for Green. Still a lot of years left in him, not injury prone, good defender, good passing/running game. Terrible at state level but usually very good at club level. Dont think he would be getting picked for NSW anymore which would be a bonus for Manly. As long as he has gotten the stupid crap he did outside the game out of his system I wouldnt have a problem with him coming to Manly(and Im a Queenslander but dont hold that against me)

I couldn't see roosters releasing him. How dumb would that be. Sign cronk for 1 year at 34, release pierce in his prime at 27 and then have to go on market again to replace cronk if he retires in 2019! And not many good halves would be available either. A lot harder to replace a good half on a long term deal than a say a forward

I couldn't see roosters releasing him. How dumb would that be. Sign cronk for 1 year at 34, release pierce in his prime at 27 and then have to go on market again to replace cronk if he retires in 2019! And not many good halves would be available either. A lot harder to replace a good half on a long term deal than a say a forward

Yeah, I dont think they will actually release him. Stranger things have happened though plus its the off season and speculation, rumours and bulls#*t are all we have at the moment.

Why w
Yeah, I dont think they will actually release him. Stranger things have happened though plus its the off season and speculation, rumours and bulls#*t are all we have at the moment.
Why would Manly go for Pearce, just go for Cronk much better than Pearce

If Mitchell Pearce had a kicking game, he would be one of the best players in the NRL...he has a beautiful long and short passing game, is super quick, takes the line on as good as any half in the competition and plays direct at the line.

Where he falls short is his horrendous last tackle options. Poor, poor, poor, poor, poor. That is why he does't cut it at Origin level...the low % plays are essential against quality opposition and Pearce just does not have it.

Green has the low % plays in his repertoire but is not the threat with the ball that Pearce is.

Pearce is three years younger and a better footballer overall so I would prefer we signed him. I actually like Pearce more after the animal incident too...the PC society had a field day with that one.

Last edited:
I know the part about Green to Warriors is true because he still wants out and that story form a few weeks ago about Green being extended is part of this situation. Green wants out to take the deal with Warriors for security purposes but Manly won't release him unless they have a replacement...they would have to begrudgingly try and extend Green for longer than they want to, in order to pacify forcing him to honour his original deal at Manly.

So It makes sense that if they could get Pearce, they would have their replacement and Green gets a long term deal at the Warriors for his family.

I know the part about Green to Warriors is true because he still wants out and that story form a few weeks ago about Green being extended is part of this situation. Green wants out to take the deal with Warriors for security purposes but Manly won't release him unless they have a replacement...they would have to begrudgingly try and extend Green for longer than they want to, in order to pacify forcing him to honour his original deal at Manly.

So It makes sense that if they could get Pearce, they would have their replacement and Green gets a long term deal at the Warriors for his family.
I don't understand why manly should begrudgingly extend Green's contract. That's unheard of. He has 1 more year left and he can't walk out.. surely? I don't think it's a wise move to extend him into 2019. As much as I think Pearce is a wanker I prefer him over Green. Moylan would be ideal. But we're all living pipe dreams in the off-season.

I don't understand why manly should begrudgingly extend Green's contract. That's unheard of. He has 1 more year left and he can't walk out.. surely? I don't think it's a wise move to extend him into 2019. As much as I think Pearce is a wanker I prefer him over Green. Moylan would be ideal. But we're all living pipe dreams in the off-season.
Well it's similar to the Gutho situation...when a player can secure their future, you kinda have to do the right thing by them...it's easy when your fan to just say "stiff ****" to the player but these are real human-beings with family and the culture of the club and playing group can be affected when players feel like they are being hung out to dry...a la Glenn Stewart.

That doesn't mean clubs pander to every demand, but they do tread softly in certain circumstances. I know Manly want Green for 2018 unless something really opportunistic pops up, but they'd be preventing him and his family from longer term security so they throw in an extra year at Manly and keep him happy.

Doesn't mean he will see it out or even play firsts in 2019, but it keeps people satisfied in the mean time.

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8