ALTERNATE ANGLE

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
do you want us to use cites?

I can give you quite a few, including countless calls & emails from Saunders and Zorba, all off the back of things said by some of your friends. I was almost at the point of being arrassed by them all because a few didnt like what we had to say!

That is just one instance.

I have no problem with the volunteers. They have there hearts in the right places.

I have an issue with the people who attempt to control the way others think.

I also gave my time in 2004 selling tickets etc. But that never stopped me from displaying disappointment and admiration of club performances on and off the field.

oh pete there is a difference with a robin hood complex in this thread and an overall one!

By the way Wheel isnt poor or defenseless!

There's no paranoia when you have the physical evidence of what you're saying.

In many respects it's a wonder we haven't become TRULY vindictive given some of the treatment.

btw when I mentioned ass kissers this certainly wasn't directed to volunteers. It's basically directed to anyone who thinks that they wont say a bad thing about there club as they seriously think it will impact the way the club will view them as a supporter. Stupid really, how is the club going to know what the average supporter really thinks. If you don't discuss the obvious issues holding the club back from prospering.

Pete, you give the club good feedback in regards to membership prices etc. Views which all on ST would agree with. But some may not feel it 's not appropriate to discuss such an issue on an message board as they wouldn't want to upset the club.

I have seen Pete's comments with regard the membership packages.

He may be surprised to know that the CEO shares his opinion but the very ones he applauds are the ones stymying change.

My comments we not specifically directed at those 'volunteers' in general. Good luck to them, I personally volunteered in the running of cricket club with 16 teams and I know the committment required etc.

My view is the club perceives that many of these good meaning people who donate their time is a reflection of the Sea Eagle supporter base. They are continually around a lot of our officials at functions etc and I doubt they have ever said a negative thing against the club in their lives & that is their perogative. In fact more often they lavish praise on the club, management, performances etc etc. Despite our dubious recent on field record, bumbling efforts with Monasgate, poor football club member recruitment, massive reduction in season ticket holders, club 'media' personel getting on forums and basically telling supporters (& members in Snoz's case) to bugger off etc etc

As a result certain elements of the club feel they are in 'touch' with the community, understand what the supporters think etc etc. They are lapsed into a false sense of security in their own performances and contribution to the club and the supporters.

Lets face facts us 'internet' supporters also represent a small portion of the paying public who turn up each weekend to Brookie.

Pete you say sport is more than about winning - I hate to tell you this but in a professional sporting competition winning should be the only thing important to the club. Sport is now a big business, and now rigthly or wrongly the supporters that pay their way through the turnstiles, buy their sponsors products, pay their membership fees, buy the merchandise are the ones who count. They are paying the players and Management wages and more effort should be applied to see what counts with them rather relying on a few pats on the back from 'well meaning' supporters and getting a good cosy feel from it.

Please be ensure my comments were not directed at the volunteers personally, I just used them as an example to portray why some involved at the club have performed incredilbly poorly in their interactions with members/supporters.

Hope this clairifies my opinion

Daniel, I very much agree that Wheel is not defenceless and it is for that reason I am surprised that you are leading his defence. I am confident that Wheel will further elaborate and respond to my comments in his normal articulate manner in due course.

As for the ones that I applaud being the problem with the membership packages I would like to see the factual basis for this comment. We are talking about a small group of people, who are extremely passionate about Manly, who give freely of their time for little reward yet they have apparently the power to influence an important revenue stream of a company that has a turnover in the vicinity of $10m annually.

Call me naive if you like but if this group of people can exert that level of influence our new CEO really needs to show his authority and leadership

lets put things this way.... I miss Arko!

Corso Pete - you absolutely astound me mate. You talk about Wheel's perception regarding the team, and that you feel all 200,000 fans are equal, yet at the same time, on another site, you question one's honesty because of their (should I say - MY) chosen career path !!!

I said this at another place & time. You screw words around to fit your argument, then you contradict yourself.

Is an Accountant more "honest" than a Banker? Or is it just your perception? LoL.

Dude - that's Hypocritical.

Additionally, you commented that The Bears members could fit in a phone box. That may be true, or is it your perception? Weren't The Bears supporters as good as Manly ones?

Hmmm. this almost contradicts your whole argument...

Wheel, thanks for your response. You clarified the matter well and as I suspected you would. It was done with class & dignity.

My dear Ryan, my comment in regard to the 200K that attended Brookie was in relation to what benefit they should get from the club, if you remember the initial crux of this thread was about certain supporters allegedly receiving some form of preferential treatment. It had nothing do with their chosen career paths.

The comment in regard to bankers and North Sydney supporters was meant to be satirical, in my chosen field bankers are looked on with some disdain and as a Manly suppporter the same beliefs are held in relation to North Sydney supporters. It is a joke, Ryan don't be so thin skinned about everything. The joke about North Sydney supporters meeting a phone box is so old it should be cremated. If have offended your chosen career then I most sincerley apologise.

This site is not for the faint hearted, accept what is said and move on. I will not debate further topics with you.

Pete,

Ryans post was about Perception....not careers!

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8