An end to upgrade grants could force issue on stadiums stalemate

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
You can have choice at brookvale. At the sfs it's all one big stand. I find plastic seats personally offensive and i refuse to sit in them. Watching football is something that is done standing up. To have to squeeze past people every time you want a drink or a pee or to talk to someone or a different view or any other reason you might want to move around is infuriating.
Either they get rid of half of the stupid, small plastic seats in these "stadiums" and turn them in to terraces or they (and any retard that endorses them) just accept that they are inhumane and cease playing footy there.
All you need at a footy game are corporate facilities to bring in the money and hills/terraces for the plebs. Plastic seats are unacceptable and just because someone like darren wants to be contrary and say they are good, it doesn't change the truth.

I can see where Darren is coming from but if you think the crowds will increase at the SFS you are on drugs Darren. And as if Parra would average 40k each week if they won the GF, those drugs are obviously strong. However Brookie is old and sub standard unfortunately. If we don't get a upgrade we will have to move or at least play 50% of our home games elsewhere, accept it.

There's been some big crowds at anz with parra when they are on a roll. Bad luck, it ain't this year. or the one before, or before lol

Yeah, lol. They get a big crowd here and there for big games but they would not average that. No Sydney team would average 40k would they?

I reckon a high flying Dogs or Parra have oodles of fans who would come out of the woodwork if they were coming first etc.

I really doubt it. Best Sydney clubs can hope for is an average just below 20k IMO. Too much stuff going on in Sydney on any given weekend to draw in more than that in the current climate. The NRL being as stale as dog's wee at the moment doesn't help either.

they didnt even pack out parra stadium in 2001 or 2010 when they had their best chances since the 80's only 17K so 40K is just lies.

They get 30K at homebush against the bulldogs (thier home ground) but we got more when we took a game to brisbane, guess we should just play there by that logic

Compare us to the roosters since 05 and we average about 1K more. Guess roosters would average only 1 person by some of the logic out there

For all these people having a lovefest over SFS being Manlys future, lets see on June 24th, Sunday arvo game at SFS.

Based on what some people are saying we should get a crowd made up of well over 10,000 Manly fans and then add the Chookies fans on top.

I will state here and now we will not get that many Manly fans to that game, and for all those calling for a move to the SFS well let's see if you can prove me wrong, or will the bull**** excuses come out.

If the Manly club were to promote it like one of their own home games and provide similar incentives AND allow current season ticket/pass holders to utilise those tickets , you'd see more people than you will in this case.

You're not comparing situations like-for-like.

One thing I'd suggest if we move to the big stadium's is the amalgamation of The Diggers, and Manly League's Club, because frankly, MLC wouldn't survive without those game days.

Use The Diggers as our base.

Amalgamate the members of both clubs. Opposition fans can see a "true" picture of what a beaches team stands by (the ammenities are far better than the dillapitated Leagues Club).

Obviously transport is the issue. I'm sure the club wouldn't have to subsidise the bus tickets - as people could pay for them as they need to. You'd just need the correct number of buses.

Sell off the Leagues Club site, and develop it, with a view to holding certain commercial space for recurring income. Pay off some debt as well. This helps sustain the team, and The Diggers, who becomes a much busier business.

You don't have to pay bucket loads of money for that god awful council run(down) ground any more.

Kristina Kirsch can celebrate as jobs are lost in the area, the council loses 2% of it's revenue and her house price goes up.

They looked at a merger some years ago Ryan, when Paul Cummings was CEO. It didn't come to pass, the Diggers had their own problems anyway and are now part of the Mounties Group. We couldn't have an organisation from western Sydney owning, or part owning, our leagues club, could we? Or could we?

There would also be the issue of resolving the charter of a club set up to propagate RL in the district with one that is tied to a returned servicemens charter - i.e. not pouring hundreds of thousands into a football club. That could be an insurmountable issue.

SFS will only work if we have it as our own ground. Some people couldn't be bothered and will watch on tele. Their attitudes will change (like Collingwood) etc if that's where they will be in the future.

Brookie 4 Eva: beautiful Sunday in God's country. Sunday arvo footy, Brett and Glenn back. Georgie and Wolfie playing has to be 15k for the premiers. If we get 12 or so then Penn may as well trade more games as he will make more dough elsewhere than at Brookie. If we can't get 15k on a beautiful day then the district don't deserve a team.

I thought there would be 20k there today to be honest. I remember coming to Brookie as a Bears fan in the mid 90's, and it was a pretty intimidating experience, alway being at capacity

It didn't look like many more could fit in there today, thought it was more than 15k tbh

Not a great day for Darren, a reasonable crowd and Brookie and a Manly win :p

Maybe more fans will wannt to go to the "better" ground. Well done boys on a tough win. 2 points is 2 points!

Darren going support another team. I for one am sick of the negative dribble that comes from your keyboard

Darren said:
Maybe more fans will wannt to go to the "better" ground. Well done boys on a tough win. 2 points is 2 points!

Quite true Darren, more fans did go to the better ground with more at Brookie than the SFS

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4