AND ANOTHER !!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
it would be along the lines of either

dgallop
david.gallop
davidg

My thoughts would be based on other emails I have received from the NRL it would be davidg

After all the crap Stewart and Watmough copped throughout last week you would think every player in the comp would take it easy and keep a low profile for at very least the following weekend....

Anyway the NRL have shown once again what a two-bit operation they are with the blatant hypocrisy in punishments handed down.

mcatt link said:
After all the crap Stewart and Watmough copped throughout last week you would think every player in the comp would take it easy and keep a low profile for at very least the following weekend....

Anyway the NRL have shown once again what a two-bit operation they are with the blatant hypocrisy in punishments handed down.

You would also think the media would beat them up as much if not more than Stewart

Dan link said:
[quote author=mcatt link=topic=179702.msg213621#msg213621 date=1237341933]

You would also think the media would beat them up as much if not more than Stewart
[/quote]

to me this is the biggest hipocrisy...
The media are bigger hypocrites than the NRL, because whilst the NRL lack consistency, the media makes no attempt at it at all.

Unfortunately with Brett the inconsistencies and hypocrisy with the NRL and the media go hand in hand .
The level of sensationalism generated by the media with Brett Stewart was ridiculous. Front page headlines for days and days, new versions from their close and unnamed sources and witnesses... Amazing
When the news broke that the DNA results were negative it was relegated to pages further in and given only the smallest amount of space.
It was a complete trial by media.
The fact the NRL reacted (or should I say over-reacted ) was (IMO) based on the media coverage generated.
Gallop was never going to be happy with anything other than a suspension due to the media pressure. Manly acted the same as other clubs in the past e.g Brisbane.

Gallop succumbed to media pressure with his heavy handed stance, but has not made it a precendent. As per The Footy Show last Thursday, he made it clear that the NRL always had the power to step in before Brett's incident, and had used it in the past and would do so in the future if the Club does not take the correct stand. I guess he condoned Lockyer, Thaiday etc last year, and even chose Inglis who had been caught intoxicated in the past also.

In Friend's case the media attention has not been that full on, so Gallop is happy with just a fine.

Driving your own car whilst drunk is definitely worse than catching a cab whilst drunk, or at least it used to be.  Now Gallop has reversed that idea. 

nebula link said:
[quote author=tookey link=topic=179702.msg213711#msg213711 date=1237358316]
I think that the address is @nrl.com.au

So everyone should send e-mails to

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

and at least one of the e-mails addresses must be correct.
I thought it was [email protected]

You missed [email protected].  The email address in NRL.com whois uses this convention so it's likely Gallop's does as well.  Just send to all of them just in case
[/quote]

Gotta admit Cronulla do stand alone in their stance against unruly behaviour.

Greg Bird - Gone
Tevita Latu - Gone

Brett Seymour is lucky he didn't get shownthe door again.

The smart thing to do in the future is 10k fine and stand down for a week. That being said hopefully it doesn't happen again in the future but when it comes to league players the penny just doesn't drop.......

Nutzcraw link said:
Gotta admit Cronulla do stand alone in their stance against unruly behaviour.

Greg Bird - Gone
Tevita Latu - Gone

Brett Seymour is lucky he didn't get shownthe door again.

The smart thing to do in the future is 10k fine and stand down for a week. That being said hopefully it doesn't happen again in the future but when it comes to league players the penny just doesn't drop.......

Yet their players dont seem to learn

Jye Mullane lives down south. Expect a comeback from the dead from jumping Jye is Seymour is punted

Some articles are saying he may be punted yet.....

If the sharks could get have a dominant few years and get that elusive premiership I think they could be one of the best brands in australia.

I really do applaud them on their stance against this type of behaviour. I know Greg Bird's case isn't looking good for him but he was at the time their "Best Player" their "player to build a team around" type and they had the nuts to do it.

Do you think if Braith Anasta did greg bird 'allegedly' did the roosters would punt him??

Do you think if Brett Stewart did what Greg Bird ' allegedly' did that we'd punt him??

I doubt it....

They are an easy team to pick on but they have people in the right spots doing the right thing at the moment. In saying that I love smashing them when we play them!

I think you'll find that Cronulla's actions in banning players did not come from any moral/ethical stance but from an economic one.  If you were a sponsor would you want to be associated with Greg Bird?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4