And now BK: I agree rehire Zorba now

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Good point mata, hey Dan is it worthwhile racking and stacking all the zorba posts in some dungeon tomorrow morning so we can just concentrate on the footie games??

Thanks cambo for clearing up the ritchie connection - I didn't know that, yes am sure there are articles of support coming in from media mates

Matabele said:
Time to move on gents.
Compassionate person you are. Life will catch up with you one day and when your in hospital maybe on chemotherapy or something just as nice I hope you reflect on being a nasty bastard and come to regret it.

Being a twat wins you no friends.

W ushat gives ben kennedy so much pull....42 games and he is a legend...please he can go back to drugcastle...in my eyes, but out Ben.As for Peter if u ain't performing u don't have a job. facts of business. He was part of a poor performing business model. Get over it and worry about Saturday night. The more fuel we keep giving the media the more they will try and unsettle

One of the most influential people in the club is Des, what has he had to say about it? Nothing that I can remember. If it was trully tearing the club apart I'm sure he'd be having plenty to say.

BK's entitled to his opinion but this is just a media beat up. Let's just get on with the finals, after all that's more important.

This certainly has been an abzorbing debate.

(Hopefully it will start to peter out soon)

shauneagle said:
who's zorba?
When your in hospital having chemotherapy and at your lowest he's the guy who loads his car with your fave players and visits you. A heart as big as a lion and I'm ashamed of you guys for forgetting it.

He's not just lost his job but his family as well. Maybe he wasn't the best guy for the job but things should have been done differently.

Jerry1 said:
shauneagle said:
who's zorba?
When your in hospital having chemotherapy and at your lowest he's the guy who loads his car with your fave players and visits you. A heart as big as a lion and I'm ashamed of you guys for forgetting it.

He's not just lost his job but his family as well. Maybe he wasn't the best guy for the job but things should have been done differently.

Yeah. I agree. Firstly he should not have been let go of but had his role redefined. If that's not possible business and salary wise and he had to go then he should have been shown respect as a long standing servant of the club and been given a dignified send off. And lastly, with the semis upon us - sorry, full joke and unforgivably bad timing.

bazeagle said:
Jerry1 said:
shauneagle said:
who's zorba?

Yeah. I agree. Firstly he should not have been let go of but had his role redefined. If that's not possible business and salary wise and he had to go then he should have been shown respect as a long standing servant of the club and been given a dignified send off. And lastly, with the semis upon us - sorry, full joke and unforgivably bad timing.

Jerry1 said:
shauneagle said:
who's zorba?

Heart of gold alright.
Got people off side because he like the late Rex mossop he calls it like he sees it.

He's as manly as arko

No doubt he bleeds Manly and the club and all associated love him but all this crap is helping no one. No one is bigger than the club and the supporters need to move on. I am sick of reading about it.

Jerry1 said:
Matabele said:
Time to move on gents.
Compassionate person you are. Life will catch up with you one day and when your in hospital maybe on chemotherapy or something just as nice I hope you reflect on being a nasty bastard and come to regret it.

Being a twat wins you no friends.

Can you just check that log in your eye?

Daddycool said:
One of the most influential people in the club is Des, what has he had to say about it? Nothing that I can remember. If it was trully tearing the club apart I'm sure he'd be having plenty to say.

BK's entitled to his opinion but this is just a media beat up. Let's just get on with the finals, after all that's more important.

Don't you guys think it's strange that Club owner Scott Penn et al haven't joind the debate regarding Uncle Zorba?

Did his Board hire David Perry to get the Club's finances into order?

Was he getting tired of injecting $1.4m annually with the Board's present structure of the Club?

Or did he give Perry a mandate to improve the Club's bottom line with perhaps a few ruffled feathers along the way?

Did he see the writing on the wall for 66 y,o, Uncle Zorba?

I think zorba himself probably new his time was over. But we all have pride and ego and it was probably had for him to come to terms with that. I love the bloke, hate the timing of the announcement but in the age of digital on and social media we probably need someone a bit more tech savy and intune with current media trends.

In saying that I hope he is always welcome in the dugout at brookie

spot on Cam!! summed it up perfectly!! Not easy to get out after 4 decades in the club as a leader. Agree that Penn hasn't stopped it so he sees the changesneeded and brought inPerry. Club just moving on and Perry has to be given full reign to turn around 7 figure loss. I'm hoping we hang in ther until new tv deal and hopefully the extra funds will prop us up. 20 million by Penn is an amazing amount and should be noted by all on here. No Penn, no Manly!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6