Andrew Johns. Immortal #8

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Johns has come out and said he can't change the past. Is he serious? I was under the impression he could.

DSM5 said:
Who cares.

You. You clicked the thread and replied.

Do you realise alot of people turn to drugs because of mental illness due to child abuse or poor upbringing

I think Joey's flirtations with little pills were because of his bi polar issues and as such can be understood if not overlooked.

When you consider how as a player he changed the game with some of the innovations he introduced and set the bar for future halfbacks I think his immortal status is deserved

Shoe1 said:
Napper said:
DSM5 said:
Who cares.

You. You clicked the thread and replied.

Do you realise alot of people turn to drugs because of mental illness due to child abuse or poor upbringing

Also could be the result of being stupid.

You are right. Although he did state he had bi-polar/depression and does alot of charity work for the Black Dog institute.

People are so quick to judge. He never done anything to enhance performance he used rec drugs.

Would we feel the same way abour Choc for breaking the law once or twice?

Its not fair on the guy and sadly i doubt he is the only player who used/uses drugs and at least he was man enough to come clean.

I was at the Men of League function last night and saw how surprised Johns was at his selection. There were a couple of players at my table. They commented how Fulton is worthy of his selection and hesitated on Wally Lewis. They felt that he only had 80 odd games in the ARL and how could you compare that against the nominees who had 250+ games each. Some players do not get the opportunity to have a team of superstars around them, like Wally had at Origin and Test level which is where he earned his position as an immortal.
It was interesting to see that the Men of League have an Honour Roll and they induct 2 or 3 players every year. The interview last night with Ferris Ashton was quite good and it pains me to say, Graeme Hughes is a good MC and he kept the interview interesting.

Utility Player said:
I think Joey's flirtations with little pills were because of his bi polar issues and as such can be understood if not overlooked.

When you consider how as a player he changed the game with some of the innovations he introduced and set the bar for future halfbacks I think his immortal status is deserved

I think his flirtations with little pills was more to do with ,that it was the the early 2000,s & alot of young people were doing it & it was fun ..

Clive Churchill - Immortal
Bob Fulton - Immortal
Reg Gasnier -Immortal
Johnny Raper -Immortal
Graeme Langlands -Immortal
Wally Lewis -Immortal
Arthur Beetson -Immortal
Andrew Johns - Immortal*

NYEagle said:
Clive Churchill - Immortal
Bob Fulton - Immortal
Reg Gasnier -Immortal
Johnny Raper -Immortal
Graeme Langlands -Immortal
Wally Lewis -Immortal
Arthur Beetson -Immortal
Andrew Johns - Immortal*

John's will become known as the midget of the immortals. Couldn't hold Mal Meninga's jock strap.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6