Andrew Johns joins Manly in exclusive deal

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Do You Agree with Manly Signing Andrew Johns

• Yes

Votes: 95 93.1%
  • No

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • uncertain

Votes: 3 2.9%

• Total voters
RE: BREAKING NEWS : Andrew Johns joins Manly in exclusive deal

SwornEagle said:
Great information BB! For those that haven't read his book should do so to educate themselves in the situation of Johns & bipolar disorder.

Someone very close to me has bipolar disorder. He's the best bloke in the world and like most people with chemical imbalances, has a streak of genius in his field.
Before he was diagnosed he did all sorts of recreational things to counteract the chaos. That was over 10 years ago. Now he takes his prescriptions, is creating again and his only vices are drinking coffee and buying too many blurays online.
We cannot judge others unless we have lived their experiences so lets ease up on Joey and welcome him to Manly.

Average bull said:
Stevo said:
Average bull said:
Stevo said:
Average bull said:
Cause he's a fu**en moron

Someone doesn't like tall poppies!

I'd say you're looking in the mirror mate.

No , just don't like him . I've seen him in full flight . ( not on the field ) and its ugly .

As for lookin in the mirror , aren't I entitled to my own opinion , you don't know me at all but your calling me a moron . You sound like a closet knight supporter . DH .

Of course you're entitled to your own opinion. But i'm entitled to disagree with it if it's moronic.

If you can call Johnsy a moron without knowing or having personally met him why can't i direct the same insult at you since our relationship is similar?

If an immortal wants to coach and represent this club then great. Why would we start caring what outsiders think anyway.

You got no idea you small minded flip...lol

Where do I say I've never met him ?

You didn't disagree with me , you just decided to try to be funny ( about as funny a fart in an elevator )

Go back to newcastle with your drugo buddies .

Small minded? I'm not the one calling a bloke i don't know a moron. Meeting the bloke while he's pissed doesn't mean you know him.

I wholeheartedly disagree with you. At no stage was i being humorous.

Stevo said:
Average bull said:
Stevo said:
Average bull said:
Stevo said:

No , just don't like him . I've seen him in full flight . ( not on the field ) and its ugly .

As for lookin in the mirror , aren't I entitled to my own opinion , you don't know me at all but your calling me a moron . You sound like a closet knight supporter . DH .

Of course you're entitled to your own opinion. But i'm entitled to disagree with it if it's moronic.

If you can call Johnsy a moron without knowing or having personally met him why can't i direct the same insult at you since our relationship is similar?

If an immortal wants to coach and represent this club then great. Why would we start caring what outsiders think anyway.

You didn't disagree with me , you just decided to try to be funny ( about as funny a fart in an elevator )

Small minded? I'm not the one calling a bloke i don't know a moron. Meeting the bloke while he's pissed doesn't mean you know him.

You are so full a s..t . You called me a moron and you've never met me .

Anyone that pisses under the table at the club instead of going to the loo to me is a moron .

Get over it .

Average bull said:
Stevo said:
Average bull said:
Stevo said:
Average bull said:
Cause he's a fu**en moron

When did farts in elevators become not funny?

manlyfan76 said:
Well I must disagree strongly with those who say that XTC is not performancing. Firstly can you say exactly what was in the "XTC" pills that Joey took? I bet he can't. some are filled with speed, some coke some even Heroin. I have played sports all my life and i have seen XTC close up for a long period of time(read that how you will) and some of the effects do include prolonged periods of hyper-energy, faster reactions and being able to think and undersrtand normal things in a new light and from other angles. Some days Im sure that his recrational drug use was a hinderance but I believe that it would have enhanced his performance more than we choose to believe. To say that his pill popping absoluteley did not affect his performance positively is taking a narrow view.

You , my friend deserve a pay rise .

Great post.

When did farts in elevators become not funny?
[/quote]

When you inhale .

Average bull said:
Stevo said:
Average bull said:
Stevo said:
Average bull said:

Anyone that pisses under the table at the club instead of going to the loo to me is a moron .

Get over it .

I didnt call you a moron. I called your statement moronic and i asked that since throwing around insults seems to be ok in your book is it ok if i call you a moron as well?

Did you finish high school?

Stevo said:
Average bull said:
Stevo said:
Average bull said:
Stevo said:

Get over it .

I didnt call you a moron. I called your statement moronic and i asked that since throwing around insults seems to be ok in your book is it ok if i call you a moron as well?

He is entitled to his wrong opinion just as much as the rest of us are entitled to our right ones.

Well the poll number tell the opinion of this forum

Above average poll in my opinion.

Below average Bull.

a LOT of uneducated view's on what's considered performance enhancing or not in this thread....
here i was thinking all manly supporters had some degree of intelligence?

anyone who ever had the stuff joey was on would realise the performance enhancing abilities.... whether it helped improve performance or not is another story tho!

I don't want this to turn into a who's had what thread but in my experience, neither ecstacy, speed or cocaine are performance enhancing. In my experience the heightened alertness, enhanced reaction time and energy spike are perceived rather than actual.

Stevo said:
I don't want this to turn into a who's had what thread but in my experience, neither ecstacy, speed or cocaine are performance enhancing. In my experience the heightened alertness, enhanced reaction time and energy spike are perceived rather than actual.

sorry mate, sounds like you got gipped then!

Brookie said:
anyone who ever had the stuff joey was on would realise the performance enhancing abilities.... whether it helped improve performance or not is another story tho!

LOL. I think we are debating "on field" performance not "in cot" performance.

NFN2IT said:
I dont see why people are being so negative for...

Andrew Johns signing with us EXCLUSIVELY is massive, so what if he has done a few bad things in the past, WHO HASNT? so what if he is a newcastle boy... can anyone assure us that every single member of our coaching staff is 100% Manly and not been involved with another club? i think its awesome that he is willing to turn all other clubs away including newcastle just to help us.

I take my hat off to Dave Perry for making this happen, after the des debarkle i was a massive critic of Dave but since then he has just proven over and over again that he is doing everything in his power to contribute to the success of this club on and off the field.

1 Like for your last paragraph.

Stevo said:
Please can this turn into a thread on perceived experiences vs actual experiences and what reality may or may not be!

I'm not that concerned about whether Johns took drugs all those years ago and whether they were performance enhancing or not. I'm looking at this from the point of view of how this will help Manly. I think it's a great decision and will be of huge benefit particularly to our younger players.

bones said:
Stevo said:
Average bull said:
Stevo said:
Average bull said:

Get over it .

He is entitled to his wrong opinion just as much as the rest of us are entitled to our right ones.

He enjoys belittling people,something that the members of the smallest member party also enjoy

Brookie said:
Stevo said:

Maybe mate. But having experience with all 3 drugs i can tell you i cant think of anything worse than playing footy with a clenched jaw, sparkles in my eyes and an over active imagination.

The Eagle said:
bones said:
Stevo said:
Average bull said:
Stevo said:

Get over it .

He enjoys belittling people,something that the members of the smallest member party also enjoy

I don't enjoy belittling people. I just enjoy whacking square pegs into round holes.

Would you like me to start on you?

Stevo said:
Brookie said:
Stevo said:

Maybe mate. But having experience with all 3 drugs i can tell you i cant think of anything worse than playing footy with a clenched jaw, sparkles in my eyes and an over active imagination.

The Eagle said:
bones said:
Stevo said:
Average bull said:

Get over it .

I don't enjoy belittling people. I just enjoy whacking square pegs into round holes.

Would you like me to start on you?

Opinions other than your own = wrong

No thanks i dont need any more white noise

What's wrong with you? I'm not a tv.

And he was wrong. So i told him. Whats wrong with that?

Poll says i'm right.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4