Annesely's not so sure now?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Come on mate. You at least did the right thing and said 'sorry we got that wrong'. Must be feeling some pressure from the ref's union. It wasn't even line ball! If you look at where Tom T passed the ball and where Garrick received it it barely even floated a metre forwards, and Tom T was at full pace when he passed it.

Makes no difference.....everyone here knows the truth.
They basically took 2 points off Manly and handed them to the Worms.
I'm starting to get mad again.............@:mad:@:mad:@:mad:

When there's a turnaround in opinion like this, it screams guilty.....it's what a 5 year old does when they get caught with their hand in the cookie jar,,,,

Yep, like Annesley was so sure the day he gave the Broncos that 'try' vs Manly in the early 1990s at Lang Park. It was a bright sunny day. Was it one of the Walters brothers? He dropped the ball about 3 feet above the try line and Annessley gave him the 'try'. Then a dodgy penalty goal and Broncos victory.

Go to 1 hr 13 mins in this clip!

Geoff Toovey scampered 40 metres from a scrum move to regain the lead, before controversy struck with nine minutes remaining as referee Graham Annesley awarded Walters his second try despite TV replays suggesting he had bounced the ball over the line.

Peter Jackson, who had set up the try with a break out wide before offloading to Walters, buried his head in his hands in exasperation at the apparent fumble over the line.

But without the benefit of The Bunker in those days, Annesley award the try and Dale Shearer – who had left Manly over the off-season to join Broncos in controversial circumstances, converted the try to make it 12-12.

Annesley was again the centre of attention two minutes later when he awarded the home team a penalty within kicking range when he ruled Ian Roberts had tackled Borncos replacement Ian Herring without the ball.

TV replays again showed the decision was incorrect and that Herring had indeed been in control of the ball when tackled. With fulltime looming, Shearer kicked the penalty goal to seal a 14-12 victory for the Broncos.

Last edited:
Annesley didn’t change his mind in the tommy pass. He was talking about one in a different game that had 2 camera angles which weren’t conclusive.

Yep, like Annesley was so sure the day he gave the Broncos that 'try' vs Manly in the early 1990s at Lang Park. It was a bright sunny day. Was it one of the Walters brothers? He dropped the ball about 3 feet above the try line and Annessley gave him the 'try'. Then a dodgy penalty goal and Broncos victory.

Go to 1 hr 13 mins in this clip!

Geoff Toovey scampered 40 metres from a scrum move to regain the lead, before controversy struck with nine minutes remaining as referee Graham Annesley awarded Walters his second try despite TV replays suggesting he had bounced the ball over the line.

Peter Jackson, who had set up the try with a break out wide before offloading to Walters, buried his head in his hands in exasperation at the apparent fumble over the line.

But without the benefit of The Bunker in those days, Annesley award the try and Dale Shearer – who had left Manly over the off-season to join Broncos in controversial circumstances, converted the try to make it 12-12.

Annesley was again the centre of attention two minutes later when he awarded the home team a penalty within kicking range when he ruled Ian Roberts had tackled Borncos replacement Ian Herring without the ball.

TV replays again showed the decision was incorrect and that Herring had indeed been in control of the ball when tackled. With fulltime looming, Shearer kicked the penalty goal to seal a 14-12 victory for the Broncos.

Remember that well...it was Kerrod Walters and it was dropped from 2-3 foot....him and the other brisbane players were all laughing in shock when it was awarded

Yep, I’ll never forget that one. Probably the worst decision I’ve ever seen.
Mate it was SO bad I kind of went off, but recall laughing at what a joke it was.
I heard a famous story of a tour back in the 1950's in a tour game where a french winger jumped the fence ball in hand...ran through the grandstand, jumps back over the fence and dived over for the ref to rule try...this was not far off @:smirk:

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10